Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
I cannot let this thread fall away, so here’s some recent sculpts that I’ve done.

Assorted Maleghast Sculpts
In case you missed it, the dude who does Kill Six Billion Demons and Lancer released a tactical game. I decided it needed minis, and so made a bunch.

Some Weird Dudes
Here’s some of the weirder dudes I’ve done, including a TGSS gift! That’s the Inquisitorial dude. Other ones were inspired by Blasphemous, Oldhammer stuff, and my brain being weird.

Blasphemous-inspired dudes.

Weird Oldhammer dudes.

Magical Girls
Magical girls are awesome. Here’s a werewolf one and a mothman one.

Konflikt ‘47 Finns
I’ve started doing Weird War stuff. These are a random Finnish soldier on a smoke break, plus my counts-as Nachtjager, Kullervonkomppania enhanced soldiers.

A Full Fuckin’ Blood Bowl Team (October)
This was a time trial for me. I started on October 1st, then sculpted like mad all month. 17 models total, all distinct and unique.

Hedningen fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Those look good, I really like the great sword.

I'd suggest using timg in the future. After the 10th massive image I kinda glaze over and it becomes hard to navigate the post.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Virtual Russian posted:

Those look good, I really like the great sword.

I'd suggest using timg in the future. After the 10th massive image I kinda glaze over and it becomes hard to navigate the post.

Yeah, I was completely braindead yesterday. Simple find-and-replace should have made it a bit more navigable.

As for swords: I’ve been trying hard to get better at them (if you can’t tell by the number of big-rear end swords in the above post) along with other elements of hard surface sculpting. Still have a ways to go, but making decent progress and refining my process, at least!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

They look good.

I missed the squat on my first pass, straight outta Slam Sector. A+

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

New year, new projects after Adepticon! I got to wander around and talk to the (few) people who were still interested in traditional sculpting. Highlights include Patrick Keith asking for my business card after I showed him my sculpting (eeeeee he’s one of my heroes!), getting to show off my stuff, and finding some local contacts.

Other than that, having a good year so far with a wide variety of:

Goblins!

Experimental Stuff! which incidentally includes a new putty mix of 75/25 Greenstuff/plasticine on the Squig which is both how noted sculptor Scibor achieves dark wizardry AND is a dream to work with.

Blood Bowl!

Conventional stuff!

lovely tutorials!

So, been a full three months. I like sculpting a lot. Starting to play with Procreate again to see if I like it better, and to do so will be working on a bunch of anatomy studies.