Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

I'm sick as dog right now so I'm giving to RAINN instead

Hammer and sickle plat icon would be awesome, but if not I don't need a gang tag or nothin'

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I wrote a fictional book about a family that escapes their home as war rages on. In the book, the two kids lose their parents and it becomes their journey the rest of the way.

Since writing that book, I have been trying to donate to groups that help refugees and immigrants (especially kids). My donation went to the Young Center.

I would like both the avatar and the puppy gang tag.

Thanks goons for helping out those in need.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 29, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh man double the fun ty mods

noheart stands no chance now

Wyatt SYN-ACK
Feb 14, 2012

Are you prepared for the kind of death you've earned, little man?

Fallen Rib
$35 to RAICES.

i'd like a tag, don't need an av.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Thanks goons for helping out those in need.

Having now accepted your proof and queued your avatar, I would like to point out to you that your imgur links to a picture with your actual first name on it and you may wish to take it down now.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
You are all giving to human-based charities, I want to give something of the little I have to preserving nature

Is that cool or not

I could also give something to people

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twoday posted:

You are all giving to human-based charities, I want to give something of the little I have to preserving nature

Is that cool or not

I could also give something to people

I'm ok with animal-related charities as long as they're reputable, please don't give your money to PETA.

A goon suggested this charity to me if you're interested in the Pacific northwest: https://www.pasadosafehaven.org/

twoday
May 4, 2005

I want to give money to a beekeeping charity and after doing some research I think https://beeinformed.org seems to be a pretty reputable bee-oriented charity that not only does research but also supports beekeepers. After taking beekeeping lessons I decided not to become one but I have sympathy for them

There is a serious pollination crisis happening, and the whole planet's ecosystem will be hosed if we don't help combat the pollination crisis

I know it's not a sexy cause but I think it's important

I don't even want an av or gangtag

Maybe a plat icon if that's an option and people don't think this is a stupid cause

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thread lol

smarxist fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 29, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twoday posted:

I want to give money to a beekeeping charity and after doing some research I think https://beeinformed.org seems to be a pretty reputable bee-oriented charity that not only does research but also supports beekeepers. After taking beekeeping lessons I decided not to become one but I have sympathy for them

There is a serious pollination crisis happening, and the whole planet's ecosystem will be hosed if we don't help combat the pollination crisis

I know it's not a sexy cause but I think it's important

I don't even want an av or gangtag

Maybe a plat icon if that's an option and people don't think this is a stupid cause

I'm willing to accept this to put your name in the OP but the only person who's gotten a plat icon for this drive so far was SM and that's because he made the gang tag. It's not a thing anyone else will be getting most likely.

(I got one because mod. :smug: )

Are you sure you don't want the gang tag?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Eh, I'll help the bees next time

Maybe I can design a gang tang for some environmental-based charity drive in the future? Still want that plat icon, but I understand that they can't just be given out wiley niley

I'll take the gangtag and if it's not too much trouble, Christmasify my av

twoday fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 29, 2018

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like the idea of a springtime environmental drive and I'd love to help. maybe we could do it up big. Mini twitch marathon of goofy games, get lowtax involved, try to raise like 5 figures

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I didn't realize I had to take a picture while I was donating, but I got the next best thing - the aftermath picture! Let me know if this counts!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
You’re good!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
So we're furloughed and poo poo sucks but thats no excuse not to donate something. Hopefully when this ends I can donate more.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Eh, I'll help the bees next time

Maybe I can design a gang tang for some environmental-based charity drive in the future? Still want that plat icon, but I understand that they can't just be given out wiley niley

I'll take the gangtag and if it's not too much trouble, Christmasify my av

i put your av to be uploaded to the server, might take a while

SgtScruffy posted:

I didn't realize I had to take a picture while I was donating, but I got the next best thing - the aftermath picture! Let me know if this counts!

do you want the gang tag/av?

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

So we're furloughed and poo poo sucks but thats no excuse not to donate something. Hopefully when this ends I can donate more.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Party Plane Jones posted:

sure thanks!

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
schools for chiapas counts, right. i want that cute bunny av.

e: or the gang tag now i guess

Muscle Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 30, 2018

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I'll take the gang tag (in addition to my current av). Thanks!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
:siren: We're going to be extending this to the 15th of january in order to get late entrants and process final blood donations :siren:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They took my juice, I took their cookies

tag plz

twoday
May 4, 2005

Chard posted:

They took my juice, I took their cookies

tag plz

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/643496639013998592?s=19

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Blood drive update: It's being done thru an outdoor bloodmobile and it's winter. So, cold. 3 ppl so far though

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RandomPauI posted:

Blood drive update: It's being done thru an outdoor bloodmobile and it's winter. So, cold. 3 ppl so far though

You should take a picture of the bus if you can avoid getting people's faces in it!

Not as a proof thing, just for funsies.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ooo, it's nice and sunny by you! I'm jealous. :)

Thank you for giving blood, and thank you to everyone who has donated so far!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not able to donate because of potential mad cow exposure back in 1985 so I do blood services instead. I'm registering people until 2:30.

The bus is tunneling the wind, so my towel on the chair is doing double duty as a scarf

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RandomPauI posted:

I'm not able to donate because of potential mad cow exposure back in 1985 so I do blood services instead. I'm registering people until 2:30.

The bus is tunneling the wind, so my towel on the chair is doing double duty as a scarf

Oh right, I remember!

Well then you're gonna get lots of blood for Peter Thiel for sick people!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you hear of the TO cops gunning down a guy in a terrorist headscarf its probably me and my towel committing the crime of parking without a permit.

Sam said that street parking would be fine, get off my back hypothetical copper!

Edit: There's been 9 donors so far. The juice cans and wind are in abundance.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 31, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i couldn't donate today cause they apparently consider people who've lived in europe for 5 or more years a mad cow disease risk

i'll try again in france. hopefully they don't have the rules against homo/bisexual men donating like they do in the US

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
High five for a fellow CJD exposed non-donor

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

i couldn't donate today cause they apparently consider people who've lived in europe for 5 or more years a mad cow disease risk

i'll try again in france. hopefully they don't have the rules against homo/bisexual men donating like they do in the US

prions are a helluva loving thing, i'd imagine france might have much the same rules with regards to that. vcjd is basically impossible to spot

quote:

Similar regulations are in place in France and in Germany, where anyone having spent six months or more living in the UK between January 1980 and December 1996 is permanently banned from donating blood.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 31, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
14 donors with an hour to go

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

prions are a helluva loving thing, i'd imagine france might have much the same rules with regards to that. vcjd is basically impossible to spot

luckily i've never been to the UK, so I should be able to donate in france. US's red cross just has a blanket ban on anyone having lived in europe (france in my case) for more than 5 years

the only other possible issue is if france block homosexual/bisexual men from donating. in the US you can't have had any same-sex contact with a man for a year, so basically no non-celibate gay or bisexual men can donate blood

edit: looked it up and nope. 12 months celibacy if you want to donate blood while gay/bi

Condiv fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 31, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We ended the drive 25 minutes early: the bathroom closed and we aren't allowed to operate without a bathroom.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
thanks for the tag

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Condiv posted:

luckily i've never been to the UK, so I should be able to donate in france. US's red cross just has a blanket ban on anyone having lived in europe (france in my case) for more than 5 years

the only other possible issue is if france block homosexual/bisexual men from donating. in the US you can't have had any same-sex contact with a man for a year, so basically no non-celibate gay or bisexual men can donate blood

edit: looked it up and nope. 12 months celibacy if you want to donate blood while gay/bi

makes sense since hiv goes away after 12 months

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

this one's for you wheez, RIP buddy

twoday
May 4, 2005

Condiv posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

ur in my world now posted:

this one's for you wheez, RIP buddy

Holy poo poo