Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Yuu Morisawa posted:

Still waiting for GBS-FM 3 to drop

G3 will be exactly like G2 except somehow the tokens will be "non-fungible".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

merry chrysler

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

G3 will be exactly like G2 except somehow the tokens will be "non-fungible".

makes sense

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
RIP Meat Loaf.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:(

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
My favorite performance by Meat - music or otherwise - was as Robert Paulson.

RIP, Michael Lee Aday.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

He exercised his god given right to deny any reasonable precaution to not die. :patriot: :911:

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Made legendary songs, appeared in classic films, was vaccinated aganist deadly diseases.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Currently 11 listeners, yet only three or four people adding dongs? What's that about?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-GFUwdSs_k

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Bumping the thread to let everyone know that we now have jingles playing automatically on the hour!

Also, if you have any jingles you want to play on gbs-fm, we'd love to hear them, so please upload them! (Standard caveats apply.)

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol didn't know about this thread at all

i feel the most important thing not mentioned in the thread yet, is that gbs.fm now supports adding tracker files!

so people should replace mp3 transcodes of tracker files with the actual tracker files, and maybe upload some good ones too!

for good measure, here's all the file types gbs.fm supports now:

code:
supported_types = ['mp3', 'flac', 'mp4', 'm4a', 'ogg', 'webm', 'opus', 'vqf', 'mp2', 'ra', 'ram', 'mpc', 'xm', 's3m', 'it', 'mod', 'wma']
my favourite: vqf

(Beltheshazzar managed to find some realaudio files that did not parse properly, but most seems to work)

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

and re: jingles, the only thing needed for a dong to be considered a jingle, is length < 60 secs and artist "Jingles"

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Tankakern posted:

lol didn't know about this thread at all

i feel the most important thing not mentioned in the thread yet, is that gbs.fm now supports adding tracker files!

so people should replace mp3 transcodes of tracker files with the actual tracker files, and maybe upload some good ones too!

for good measure, here's all the file types gbs.fm supports now:

code:
supported_types = ['mp3', 'flac', 'mp4', 'm4a', 'ogg', 'webm', 'opus', 'vqf', 'mp2', 'ra', 'ram', 'mpc', 'xm', 's3m', 'it', 'mod', 'wma']
my favourite: vqf

(Beltheshazzar managed to find some realaudio files that did not parse properly, but most seems to work)

drat! I knew .flac was now acceptable, but I was not aware all those other forms were as well. That certainly cuts down on conversion times for uploaders.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Shameless crossposting.

Mac and Cheese posted:

oh boy i hope nobody's done this one yet

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Haifisch posted:

Shameless crossposting.

Hahaha!!!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Uploaded a jingle I made for the brief period of time we were on Canadian terrestrial radio.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Edward Mass posted:

Uploaded a jingle I made for the brief period of time we were on Canadian terrestrial radio.

Woah, I've never heard about this. Can you please elaborate further about that?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Edward Mass posted:

Yeah, what's this about?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Handen posted:

I work at a campus station, so we have a bit of leeway when it comes to playing "alternative" stuff. I'll provide a link to our stream if it happens, although it'll be redundant to listen to a stream of a radio station streaming a stream when you could just stream that stream in the first place. In any case, our transmitter reaches roughly 100000 people in Southern Alberta (on a good day) who could tune randomly to hear whatever is being played at the time, be it fart and poop joke songs or legitimate music. I enjoy the mix, and I think it could be amusing to broadcast goon selected music to people's cars and houses.

That being said, I have to double triple quadruple check that this will be okay. And if you would rather it not be broadcast, that's cool too. So I'll ask first: Would this be alright with you?

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.
First time listening today and holy poo poo.
Goons sure love Snoop Dogg apparently as he's been 70-80% of what I've heard in the past hour.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

One Man Crowd posted:

First time listening today and holy poo poo.
Goons sure love Snoop Dogg apparently as he's been 70-80% of what I've heard in the past hour.

I'd take a look at the calendar if I were you.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Also I uploaded like 5 snoop albums we didn't have yesterday so I'm going to be adding a bunch until they're done and/or I upload something that's not snoop.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Haifisch posted:

Also I uploaded like 5 snoop albums we didn't have yesterday so I'm going to be adding a bunch until they're done and/or I upload something that's not snoop.

Why would someone add songs from the same artist for weeks at a time? That sounds like overkill. :grin:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I've been told to bump the thread with cats, so here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzkkm_m3mVE

anyway, gbs-fm is still going, so come and listen to this dead gay comedy forum's deader gayer radio station!

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
We have all the important cat music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Og5Tg_Jyo

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

my bad on misunderstanding how to report duplicates!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hail.

https://gbs.fm/song/666000

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

:getin:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Apparently it's now the summer, so that means it's the First Ever GBS-FM No Repeat Summer! If you play a dong, you won't be able to play it on here again for the next 90 days! Nothing will go wrong at all, nope

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I think that'll be pretty fun. Hopefully nothing will break.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
What could possibly go wrong?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Nothing ever goes wrong.

I like the idea, BTW.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:toot:

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
congrats

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Your prize is: The satisfaction of inflicting your musical taste on everyone else.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nice.

I'm only about 94,000 away.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Your prize is: The satisfaction of inflicting your musical taste on everyone else.
But OP, isn't this what everyone using GBS-FM gets???

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpk0A4hZes

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Today I remembered that GBS-FM existed and everyone was super unhelpful in getting my account password reset. I mean helpful. They were helpful.

And then I got to ruin the playlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Welcome and enjoy!