Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Maybe I'm just imagining it but he looks like he lost a ton of weight, and just looks all around older and haggard on his stream.

But if he's doing well then that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just found out there was a Klonoa run so I'm thrilled

Was this the first time Klonoa showed up at a GDQ?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Does anyone know what happened to Carcinogen from the RE7 run at AGDQ2018? I was hoping to see him at later events but I checked his channel recently and the dude looks seriously sick.

Maybe he shouldn't have named himself Carcinogen.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just found out there was a Klonoa run so I'm thrilled

Was this the first time Klonoa showed up at a GDQ?

Naw it was in sgdq 16.

I know because i woke up to the runner doing a practice run in my living room after studio made him sleep on a cardboard box on our floor.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

SeXReX posted:

Naw it was in sgdq 16.

I know because i woke up to the runner doing a practice run in my living room after studio made him sleep on a cardboard box on our floor.

Was it at least a nice box?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If anyone looks destroyed after a GDQ it's probably because they caught the Con Plague or spent a week+ sleeping 3h a night.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeXReX posted:

Naw it was in sgdq 16.

Ah well, least it sounds like that runner was living the Klonoa fan life.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Fat and Useless posted:

Was it at least a nice box?

Not really no

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Ladies and gentlemen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWds9xgc0BY

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

<sprays you with water>

no, bad, bad spacedad!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/ara3l/status/1083279295051677696?s=19

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Dias posted:

<sprays you with water>

no, bad, bad spacedad!

I'm hard pressed to find a game that has a worse music track than this. Maybe 'crazy bus' but that's a troll game, and this was an actual game that got released for real.

It's *aggressively* bad. Like whoever made it set out to make the worst thing. Given the general tone of the game coming across like it's a bunch of inexperienced young game devs loving around that somehow got published, I bet it was the music dev trying to amuse his buddies with the most awful track he could make, and so this midi-trombone-farting mess made it in the game.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 17, 2019

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Maybe I'm just imagining it but he looks like he lost a ton of weight, and just looks all around older and haggard on his stream.

He's doing better mentally now than he was for a little while, but he got legit sick again yesterday so..

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mods please nuke this page, there's no saving it.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Oh god its so much worse than when I was watching from the stream room and it was mostly masked by laughter :gonk:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

He's a bit sick at this precise moment, but he was at GDQ and is broadly doing fine. Broke his foot though I think, he was walking around in a big ol cast the whole week.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wow. It's like someone got inspired by Earthbound's soundtrack and then had a stroke.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

oh god I can't stop laughing

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Urban Yeti is a disgusting game. Everything about it, but especially that music, is disgusting.

The Home Alone 2 run was a real gem though!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Ferias frustradas is one of the real awful block champions imo.

Avoid the noid was also really good, so much so that I plan on adding it to my snackgame wheelhouse

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Spacedad posted:

I'm hard pressed to find a game that has a worse music track than this. Maybe 'crazy bus' but that's a troll game, and this was an actual game that got released for real.

It's *aggressively* bad. Like whoever made it set out to make the worst thing. Given the general tone of the game coming across like it's a bunch of inexperienced young game devs loving around that somehow got published, I bet it was the music dev trying to amuse his buddies with the most awful track he could make, and so this midi-trombone-farting mess made it in the game.

I'd say I'm sorry but I'm really not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lAfF8ZFb6E

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Moatman posted:

I'd say I'm sorry but I'm really not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lAfF8ZFb6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKt0rjLcT0w

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Those are just badly programmed, that's what makes them unpleasant to listen to. The one Moatman posted would be a whatever waltz in played on a piano. Urban Yeti is more this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q&hd=1

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Its no
https://youtu.be/bD6ezEbDThg

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Those are just badly programmed, that's what makes them unpleasant to listen to. The one Moatman posted would be a whatever waltz in played on a piano. Urban Yeti is more this:

oh thank goodness. urban yeti was nagging at something in the back of my brain, and this was it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hello are people still awful about the people who run and comment on a charity event

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shoutouts to all the comments calling you out

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dias posted:

Sounds like it's from Dr. Who.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Songbearer posted:

Hello are people still awful about the people who run and comment on a charity event

Only Punchy.

Serious answer is here? Nah (unless they're actually bigoted fucks). Outside here? Yah. :smith:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Dias posted:

Outside here? Yah. :smith:

I wish people could stop being the Worst

Anyway another wonderful GDQ and I fuckin loved Twitch Does Scribblenauts with the adorable robot

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Songbearer posted:

I wish people could stop being the Worst

Anyway another wonderful GDQ and I fuckin loved Twitch Does Scribblenauts with the adorable robot

The first time I've seen this response tbqh

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Did somebody say bad game music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAUGAd4C204

I've heard it jokingly(?) suggested that the game's code just reads the wrong file by mistake and parses it as audio, as good an explanation as any

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Re: unique long runs, I immediately thought about Baldur's Gate. Didn't someone do that at GDQ before? I feel like it happened and went disastrously.

The openness of the game and variety of options seems like it'd make a cool speedrun, but I assume it's also super prone to error and runs of bad luck (due to the way both low and high-level AD&D play like rocket tag).

Neither Baldur's Gate game would be a good choice for a long speedrun -- both are comfortably under half an hour, bizarrely

For non-FF 8+ hour runs, I'd love to see some Shin Megami Tensei games in GDQ. I've enjoyed the SMT speedruns I've seen, I feel like there's more actual battling compared to other long JRPG runs. I watched a whole 13+ hour Nocturne true demon ending run recently and it was cool. Same for Digital Devil Saga 1+2

On the FF front though, has FF Tactics ever been in a GDQ? It was in a couple of RPG Limit Breaks, both math% and no-math% and both were a good watch IMO.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

thorsilver posted:

Neither Baldur's Gate game would be a good choice for a long speedrun -- both are comfortably under half an hour, bizarrely

For non-FF 8+ hour runs, I'd love to see some Shin Megami Tensei games in GDQ. I've enjoyed the SMT speedruns I've seen, I feel like there's more actual battling compared to other long JRPG runs. I watched a whole 13+ hour Nocturne true demon ending run recently and it was cool. Same for Digital Devil Saga 1+2

On the FF front though, has FF Tactics ever been in a GDQ? It was in a couple of RPG Limit Breaks, both math% and no-math% and both were a good watch IMO.

Persona 3/4/5 are cool in parts but SUPER LONG and there's no cutscene skips, just fast forwards, so like at least 1/3rd of the run is mashing past dialog. But the dungeon strats and persona routing are fun.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Nocturne's speedrun is about 9 if I recall correctly (I can't check at the moment) but I don't believe it's marathon safe.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Nocturne's speedrun is about 9 if I recall correctly (I can't check at the moment) but I don't believe it's marathon safe.

Most rpgs have to develop a marathon route that often has substantial differences to the record route. Otherwise you get idiocy like the last paper mario run that required the runner to savestate scum his way through the bowser fights.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the digital devil saga SMTs have runs around 5 hours, so you might be able to make a marathon safe run with em.

of course there appears to be 5 runners total for both games combined so probably not gonna happen lol

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Somewhat late but in this thread (or the chat thread) someone asked for a obscure Kirby fact but I was too tired to type one up at the time. With the thread winding down I remembered that and well. Better do it now even if I can't recall who asked :shobon:

Did you know Kirby's Dream Course is a re-imagining of another game entirely? On the SNES Nintendo planned to release a game called Special Tee Shot where you played as a red ball just trying to get into the holes. Nintendo didn't really have faith in it so they decided to move it over to the Super Famicom's Satellaview and promote it there.

There weren't any enemies in it and it was a lot more straightforward but Nintendo ended up liking the finished product enough that it got re-greenlit for the SNES. Only this time it would use Kirby characters to up the market appeal of the game (as well as introduce the enemy destroying gameplay to reveal the hole.) Even back in the day Kirby was being used to introduce new genres to players!!

You can check out some gameplay here

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 20, 2019

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

For SMT though I wonder if the religious themes wouldn't go over well as the event gets more popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Feldegast42 posted:

For SMT though I wonder if the religious themes wouldn't go over well as the event gets more popular

Yes, the various mythologies clashing is sacrosanct in a world where God of War, Bayonetta, Athena, NES Bible Adventures, Peaches running Catechumen and various others have all shown up in GDQ over the years. :thunk: