Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Toalpaz posted:

I dunno, I could be naive. Its possible that all/most cops are sane and there's more scum actions we don't know about. GK copping flipped town as scum indicates sanity/framer or something.

You have to admit that the cop is pretty weak with it failing whenever someone else visits. That paired with a town bus driver, and a scum 'dispatcher' cop whatever that is (sounds like scum bus to me imo), and lots of town roles that visit people and interfere with night action mafia (also scum jailer) leads me to suspect cops are sane tbh. I don't actually know whats up with GK's result. I really think we're just flavourful filler like vt except we all visit each other and bumble around. I know you're sane because I'm town.

I'm going to think about this.

I mean frankly, one of you or Tobbs is town, so there's that.

I guess ultimately I'm coming down on this: Are you both SURE? Like REALLY loving SURE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Because if you're wrong my "told ya so" will be spoken of in myth and lore , long after the fall bards will travel from village to village singing about the "heh!" That eccoed round the world.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

So to be clear, you are arguing that the scum have a group poison they can use instead of a night kill.

Either that or hambeet (or who ever is scum) has the ability to poison. At that point b-, Hawke, and Solus were dead, so it's whoever is the last scum.

The results/actions surrounding Asiina's death and geek's cop make the MOST sense if Asiina was poisoned the night we had no deaths. If it's an unlimited use poison that can be used to replace the NK then someone is already poisoned from last night.

An additional death is less a double kill and more a resolution of the delay from no kill N4.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If we no lynch and I'm right I'll be so smug I almost prefer that to winning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Either that or hambeet (or who ever is scum) has the ability to poison. At that point b-, Hawke, and Solus were dead, so it's whoever is the last scum.

The results/actions surrounding Asiina's death and geek's cop make the MOST sense if Asiina was poisoned the night we had no deaths. If it's an unlimited use poison that can be used to replace the NK then someone is already poisoned from last night.

An additional death is less a double kill and more a resolution of the delay from no kill N4.

Or whoever is scum?

Sounds like you're not 100% on this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

Or whoever is scum?

Sounds like you're not 100% on this.

It could be Toalpaz. I just really don't think it is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It could be Toalpaz. I just really don't think it is.

So you're sure you're sure and nothing can change your mind that it's beet?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't see the stalemate ending tbh and I am pretty content to just toss responsibility to the town player on beet if we lose so I mean if we're all good with that sure.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

So you're sure you're sure and nothing can change your mind that it's beet?

Nothing can change my mind. If I'm wrong it's on me.

If you were super super sure of your town read on beet and couldn't be swayed from Toal, I'd vote Toal. I'd rather lynch one today than hold off in case I'm right about the poison.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't think it's Tobbs, I don't think it's Keane. We have results on Beet, and Beet is the only one with the opportunity to do the kills. For what it's worth my vote is good.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nothing can change my mind. If I'm wrong it's on me.

If you were super super sure of your town read on beet and couldn't be swayed from Toal, I'd vote Toal. I'd rather lynch one today than hold off in case I'm right about the poison.

I'm not 100% on beet and you do make a compelling case.

Anyway, we're going to be in the same spot tomorrow so I'm just going to end it and hope Tobbs is right and I am wrong.

##vote Hambeet

If I am wrong let my dying words be "I blame the other town"

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye hambeet!

Votecount for Day 7

hambeet (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, CCKeane
Lynch No One! (0): hambeet, hambeet, CCKeane, CCKeane

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 4 people alive, it takes 3 votes to execute.
The current deadline is February 08th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 11 minutes.

:cop: CCKeane is ON NOTICE! :cop:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If hambeet won it in MYLO/LYLO as copped scum it would have been pretty epic.

Toal you devil you better be town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh I just woke up no fair.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If hambeet won it in MYLO/LYLO as copped scum it would have been pretty epic.

Toal you devil you better be town.

I think we've got this!

:ohdear:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I cant believe you've all never heard of the scum slow roll, ho ho ho.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I cant believe you've all never heard of the scum slow roll, ho ho ho.

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop:

Oh gently caress off lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:golfclap:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So about that overturn power...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Just joking, I'm out.

Come on pod :argh:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:ghost: :f5: :ghost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Podima more like podmia amirite?

(J/K ILU)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Votecount for Day 7

hambeet (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, CCKeane
Lynch No One! (0): hambeet, hambeet, CCKeane, CCKeane

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 4 people alive, it took 3 votes to execute.

~~~

:cop: Everyone posted at least 10 times today! :cop:

~~~

Every law enforcement officer knows that there are those who would interfere with our ability to rightfully perform our jobs and keep the people safe - it's sad but true. Thus, we're thrilled to present a brief seminar on technically (as per multiple court cases and ironclad precedent) acceptable techniques to use against those who would dare to obstruct our justice. Here, let's see a demonstration of one such method!

Well, that one will smart in the morning. But remember folks, it's not legally considered police brutality if they took the first aggressive action against you!

:siren: hambeet, Cop-Aligned Election Cop, was banned from CopCon on Day 7! :siren:

~~~

What? This is a bit unprecedented - it looks like we've got another change to the schedule already. Oh that's too bad, I was looking forward to this one! Tonight's panel discussion "Deputize Dieting: Dropping Donuts Daintily" is cancelled as the key presenter is dealing with accusations of causing a mysterious boiler explosion in his workplace.

:nono: CCKeane, Cop-Aligned Rookie Cop, was forced to turn in their badge and gun on Night 7! :nono:

~~~

Well. Um. I suppose it's just down to the two of us, then. How about another amusing joke?

An officer performing a traffic stop noticed that the car smelled heavily of marijuana. He said to the driver "Your eyes look a bit red - have you been smoking weed?" The driver replied "Your eyes look a bit glazed - have you been eating donuts?"

Wait, what do you mean my visa's being revoked for "crimes against common dignity?!" I was just a week from retirement...

:nono: Tobbs Gnawed, Cop-Aligned Lenient Cop, was deported in shame over his terrible jokes on Day 8! :nono:

~~~

:siren: CopCon has been cancelled forever! :siren:

:siren: Toalpaz, Activist-Aligned "Forensic Cop" has ended the game with an Activist-Aligned victory! :siren:

Setup Doc

~~~

One thing I do want to immediately touch upon: This setup had one extra little trick to thwart reliance on night actions/results in a game explicitly about cops being unreliable (details are in the mod doc but it's why George Kansas' rookie cop investigation succeeded on Asiina the same night she was killed), but in retrospect I think it was not all that well-implemented/a bit unfair and apologize to town players for its contribution to the game ending how it did. However, overall I really have to commend the final 4 for making this a very fun MYLO to read. Big kudos to Toalpaz for sticking it out to a scum victory after the team started off VERY much on the wrong foot - losing scum D1 is one of the single worst things that can happen to a scumteam.

Thank you to everyone for playing!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

TWENTY GODDAMN GRIFT TEEN

GOOD JERB TOALPAZ

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Congrats Toal, you earned it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I entirely forgot to mention - scumchat is a VERY good read this time around.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
thanks pod

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

\o/

Not just day 1 scum lunch but also day 2 lmao.

GG it was tough but as you can see from discord I spent a lot of time obsessively making sure I was as clean as possible through night actions. Thanks for the game, you almost had me!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Holy poo poo toal, that was unbelievable haha

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Bravo toal you loving earned that one.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Congratulations toal, very well played.

Very enjoyable game all, most fun ive had in ages.

Thanks for running it pod, you complete and utter arse :v:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm a man of my word, with a modification:

Toaled ya so.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Good job sticking through a tough spot, Toal.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fun read, great game all!

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Incredible performance by Toal! Hats off, well done, keep being groovy. You earned that win like four days in a row.

Town, we played that beautifully and I'm proud of all of us. But also, we're cops. And in some ways I'm happy to see cops get their appropriate come-uppance.

Good game all!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Your gut is scary Keane and I hate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
GG! Toal definitely earned the win.