Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Everybody forgot about the Ben Roethlisberger Douchebag of the Year Tracker, so here is a thread to track douchebags.

Hall of Famers ineligible to be BRDotY
Dan Snyder
Craig James
Art Modell
Roger Goodell
The NCAA
Bobby Petrino
Penn State Fans
"Individual-1"

BEGIN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Art Briles is back in the news.

Hugh Freeze is too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Does Ben Roethlisberger qualify?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Marvin Harrison

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kareem Hunt?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"Papa" John Schnatter

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The University of Maryland Football Program for literally killing a player

Urban Meyer for covering up an assistant's domestic abuse

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Zac Taylor

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

seiferguy posted:

The University of Maryland Football Program for literally killing a player

Urban Meyer for covering up an assistant's domestic abuse

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
The NFL's drug testing system and anyone involved in it for "randomly" drug testing Eric Reid seven times over the course of the season. Try to be less obvious next time, fuckwads.

Maroon 5 for being the correct answer to the question that the NFL asked this season: "Who can we get that will play to a wide audience that thought the Black-Eyed Peas halftime was a little rough for them to handle?"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Matt Patricia for publicly demanding toughness and discipline while repeatedly being late for team meetings, fielding an underachieving team, lacking the self-control to manage weight or personal hygiene, being a smug rear end in a top hat to media members for no reason, and (allegedly) being a sex pest.

Also, he keeps a pencil behind his ear even though he's using laminated call sheets or tablets on the sideline. It's annoying.

e: Forgot John Engler somehow. Repeatedly and openly accused victims of Larry Nassar of only being in it for the money and needing to get over it over the course of a seemingly endless interim presidency. Finally got himself canned in a tour de force of tone-deaf shitheadedness by saying something uniquely awful in three different interviews in a half-day. Even the generally bloodless business journal had to publish a long article about what a dumb, weird creep this guy is to the women journalists in attendance when he verbally used them as props to talk about rape. The bar for him to surpass Lou Anna Simon in handling the fallout couldn't possibly be lower, but he found ways to slither under it at every opportunity.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 7, 2019

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I mean, Larry Nassar is even more evil by leaps and bounds, but that's more holy poo poo villain than douchebag, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Sean Mcvay for being the bumbling moron who gave the Suoer Bowl away.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hue Jackson for being hot garbage then making the sports chat rounds to throw literally everyone ever involved with the Browns under the bus after being fired and taking a job with a rival literal days afterward.

A douchebag.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

I mean, Larry Nassar is even more evil by leaps and bounds, but that's more holy poo poo villain than douchebag, right?

It's generally a football related douche-off, so I'm not sure if Nassar counts. Unless I'm forgetting something obvious, which is possible.

Michigan State and/or John Engler might work though if someone can tie it in to the program?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
THE ENTIRE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS for being the douchiest crybabies ever formed!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

THE ENTIRE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS for being the douchiest crybabies ever formed!

Seconding this.

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Tom Brady for shilling a pseudoscience book and (possibly) causing Gronk to retire after sham treatment from his personal trainer.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ben Roethlisberger again, because he’s that big of a douchebag.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hue Jackson for being hot garbage then making the sports chat rounds to throw literally everyone ever involved with the Browns under the bus after being fired and taking a job with a rival literal days afterward.

A douchebag.

He was also a backbiting office politician shitbird even by the low standards of NFL coaches.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

It's generally a football related douche-off, so I'm not sure if Nassar counts. Unless I'm forgetting something obvious, which is possible.

Michigan State and/or John Engler might work though if someone can tie it in to the program?

Honestly, I completely forgot about this being in TFF. There's not much connection to be drawn here between Engler or Nassar to football. I just wanted to say gently caress that guy.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Bob Socko posted:

Ben Roethlisberger again, because he’s that big of a douchebag.

Seconded, but for being a big crybaby. He's spent the last 3 seasons teasing that he might retire. Steelers finally go out and spend a decent pick on a QB and his response is "How does that help us win now?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LesBeardly posted:

Tom Brady for shilling a pseudoscience book and (possibly) causing Gronk to retire after sham treatment from his personal trainer.

Yes. Also, Tom Brady for being Tom Brady.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

xfl owner vince mcmahon for working with the ksa and openly shilling its propaganda for large amounts of money that may be shared with donald trump

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Jalen Ramsey for being a loud-mouth jackass, and failing to substantiate said loud-mouth jackassery on field this past season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Anals of History posted:

Matt Patricia for publicly demanding toughness and discipline while repeatedly being late for team meetings, fielding an underachieving team, lacking the self-control to manage weight or personal hygiene, being a smug rear end in a top hat to media members for no reason, and (allegedly) being a sex pest.

"Sex pest" is WAY too tame for what he and his buddy did

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What situation would make someone a sex pest. maybe like being really loud on purpose to annoy your neighbors

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is that like when you pester your SO for sex?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Tyreek Hill or Domestic Abusers In General

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cavauro posted:

What situation would make someone a sex pest. maybe like being really loud on purpose to annoy your neighbors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kwh3R0YjuQ&t=20s

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 12, 2019

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Jed York because he successfully changed the property value assessment of Levi's to require Santa Clara County to payback $36 million ($13 million coming from local schools). And I hate his stupid face.

Might be time to put him in the Douchebag Hall

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Domestic Abusers In General

Feel like they deserve a term worse than merely douchebag.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bleacher Report for their fawning interview with AP where they buried that he still beats his kids. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807182-adrian-peterson-is-still-the-same-ap

ESPN for fawning over Tua Tangovialo's dad for beating Tua when he was bad at football growing up.
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/12/03/tua-tagovailoa-says-dad-hit-him-belt-after-interceptions-espn-tom-rinaldi

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
hmmmmm strong last minute entrant

https://deadspin.com/papa-john-joins-long-and-noble-tradition-of-rear end in a top hat-ken-1832576799

(I know this is at a basketball game but he was all things Louisville and that means football)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

child killers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

both versions

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cavauro posted:

child killers

Yeah, but they at least reduce class sizes

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Hue Jackson for going on the talk show circuit shirking responsibility and then went on to get a job with a division rival.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
me, for a myriad of personal and professional reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

me, for a myriad of personal and professional reasons