Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

oh hell yeah gimme that #25

mike rhoads is going all the way (to the round of 32)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

*checks notes*

Looks here like a Sweet 16.

I believe that was covered under "etc."!!!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ungratek posted:

Maryland overranked for the umpteenth year in a row.

Virginia at #11 feels like where we will end up but not where are as a team at the start

Amazing that the two tournament finalists are < 10.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Amazing that the two tournament finalists are < 10.

I can’t vouch for TTU, but UVA lost pretty much all their scoring. This is definitely the worst team we will have in the last few years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wait until people realize Kentucky doesn't have any bigs

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Nick Richards is going to break through any year now.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Maryland brings back pretty much everyone important except Bruno and I think that loss might be offset by Jalen Smith getting to play his more natural position now. They should be pretty good but yeah top 10 is kinda nutty

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ungratek posted:

I can’t vouch for TTU, but UVA lost pretty much all their scoring. This is definitely the worst team we will have in the last few years.

i mean, the ratings are fair... Tech lost most of their scoring and they're now 2-5 in exhibition games...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU is predicted to finish 7th in the Big 12, which is probably right. Lost a couple of important people, but last year was really underwhelming.

Feels like Prohm really needs to have a good year otherwise he’s going to end up on the hot seat. Fans appreciate getting to the tournament, but there’s expectations of being a 4 seed at least and always challenging for the Big 12 title.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HOLY poo poo

https://kuathletics.com/kansas-athl...0SFQLY5zYLZEESY

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

About drat time. Bill self must have been fired

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

If he wasn't already he will be when Missouri wins 6 straight

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Asleep Style posted:

About drat time. Bill self must have been fired

Saw someone say "Bill Self must be in real trouble" and that makes as much sense as anything else.

Like, look at this utter bullshit from the guy who is 100% the only reason the game hasn't been played:

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1186456523502952448

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Border Showdown? :bahgawd:

Hell yeah the Border War is back!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Asleep Style posted:

If he wasn't already he will be when Missouri wins 6 straight

Hahahaha

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Awesome coincidence today, this guy must be super excited
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1185979119206649856

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
OK, but give us football games too so Mizzou can dominate them in some of the games

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

OK, but give us football games too so Mizzou can dominate them in some of the games

I mean, possibly do that considering Saturday.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Yeah my first thought was there must be something to the allegations and Self is trying to preemptively win back support from the fans. So, I guess if Calipari ever schedules Indiana again you'll know something's up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Self is trying to win back support from...KU fans?

It's like 60-40 where the majority of Kansas fans hate this decision. I'm not one of them and they're being idiot babies but Self isn't doing it to appease fans. It makes financial sense and it was dumb to not use everything at your disposal to help your program both generate revenue and be on nationally televised games. If you're sitting on one of the bigger rivalries in college basketball and refusing to play because of a grudge you're doing your program a disservice.

It's just that a lot of KU fans don't get that because they're blinded by petty hatred but that will change. It's a good time to renew and you can bet football games in Arrowhead are coming.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hells yeah 5* Jaden Springer just committed to UT. That’s 2 5* and a 4*, all top 40 players in the 2020 class so far

That’s jumps us to #4 overall

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1187038023978012673?s=20

Edit: Sax :argh:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lol do you think I’m SaxMaverick?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
What is a college basketball fan's favorite Genesis song?

Duke's End

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Duke / Kansas 4/6/7pm
Kentucky / Michigan State 6:30/8:30/9:30pm

National TV tomorrow. Welcome to college basketball season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Someone start the thread, I’d do it but I’m driving all day. And there’s actually worthwhile games to talk about. Conference games, even, for some bizarre reason.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoever does the new thread please include this guy in the OP who now plays for Duke, in case anybody thought to create a thread without a "gently caress Duke" theme

edit: the more I stare at him....

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 4, 2019

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
actually how about not

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Poque posted:

actually how about not

is this better

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's a vampire

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He was great in season 2 of the X-Files

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
first thing i thought of

also this is how I found out rib kid killed a guy!!! err, was there when he was murdered at least.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jordan Bohannon somehow played in Iowa's exhibition game today and apparently has been practicing for like a month even though he had hip surgery this summer and was supposed to miss almost the entire offseason. I guess if you already can't run or jump it's less important.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Metapod posted:

That's a vampire

He’s like a reject extra from What We Do In the Shadows

Not actually a vampire but the kid K strings along and keeps swearing he’ll convert one day and in the meantime this kid makes do with biting through Capri Suns

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

elentar posted:

He’s like a reject extra from What We Do In the Shadows

Not actually a vampire but the kid K strings along and keeps swearing he’ll convert one day and in the meantime this kid makes do with biting through Capri Suns

God I love that movie / show

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Slamming a kid who still has braces seems a bit much, but I dunno.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the Florida Gators

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Probably Magic posted:

Slamming a kid who still has braces seems a bit much, but I dunno.

Yeah. I'm kinda on the "don't ugly-shame a kid on the forums before he's played a game and proven that he's a dickhead" train as well?

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 5, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah. I'm kinda on the don't ugly-shame a kid on the forums before he's played a game and proven that he's a dickhead train as well?

Signing with Duke means you're on it until you find a stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Yeah, but Duke, yall