Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's helpful for me sometimes to write things out, so I'm not really looking for feedback or w/e. A lot of this post might be "Well no poo poo Sherlock."

So we have it narrowed down to 2 possibilities:
Bif didn't really have a death proof and is lying to cover up a failed scum kill because Toal was blocked - I don't think this is the case because if Bif and Toal are the scum team they are bussing the gently caress out of each other

Bif did have death proof that popped, Toal was roleblocked, which means a 3rd party was the attempted killer which if this is the case doesn't give us any loving useful information at all.

All I know is that I am town, and at this point I'm borderline suspect on anyone pushing the "Sal used his random vig on Onset to earn town cred" because it's so ludicrous of an idea. I'm not saying it's not something that couldn't be done or wouldn't be done, but anyone that knows me knows I wouldn't be savvy enough to pull that move off. Also assuming the scum team was something like Bif, Onset and Me, I have a feeling Bif would veto that idea super hard. I suspect this because in another game I played scum I offered up to be day killed and was told to shut up because that was dumb idea. Scum don't kill scum period, especially since Onset wasn't even someone who was being talked about. The reason I shot Onset was because of their rude rear end post to AA, that's it period end of discussion.

In response to Toal pointing out I'm a double voter, I've just submitted my request to Solus in Discord to use my anon vote on myself. Therefore I just have my regular rear end one vote.

One other thing that has been weighing on me is Toalpaz giving me a vig on Night 1 and then being like "use it on Yami." I was already suss on Yami so if Toal was scum they would have to realize that it would take very little prodding for me to use it. Again since I pretty much feel like I'm confirmed town, the play would have to be "Well that sucks, Yami was town, awww shucks." For me it really is narrowed down to Bif and Toal and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Toal also posted something to the effect of "Vote out Nep, because night actions point at Nep and Bif so it makes sense." (I'm paraphrasing). This interaction REALLY did not sit well with me at all because I do not like to turbo people at all, when I gave pushback on this (basically saying "Lets slow poo poo down a tad because we have plenty of time to think." is when Toal started doing the "Sal is secret scum". I usually don't like to vote based on gut but I'm really starting to feel sour towards Toalpaz, but I just can't get their d1 interaction with Onset and Yami (re: pronouns) out of my head. Toal literally posted "Vig Yami or Onset." I can't see scum saying "Hey vig either town or my scumbro!" Even if they didn't think I would vig Onset the fact that they still put Onsets name out doesn't make any sense to me.

So this is kind of where I'm at, I'm leaning towards Toalpaz but there are still some things that don't make 100% sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That early in the game I can reconcile toal falsely advocating for a vig on scumpal and not thinking it would actually result in that. I can't see a scum Bif, not hammering Nep for the entire time they were at -1 or close to it.

Oh gently caress I didn't even think about that (even though it was brought up a few times.)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

It's ok. I don't want it to be used as a weapon against me. I'm not even sure if it will go through or not.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

Sal: “I don’t want my second vote to be used as a weapon against me.”

Also Sal: Literally uses his second vote as a weapon against himself

The way I look at it it's probably Bif or Toal tonight so I feel safe putting one vote on myself.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Toalpaz you are confusing the poo poo out of me with your posts. I'm honestly starting to feel like this "Sal is scum" narrative you are pushing is either flailing scum or super naive town. I think you are a very good player (as I've said multiple times in this game and in others) so this is not something I would expect from you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Night action bingo, may implicate him only because he has something unverifiable, but that's not the smoking gun!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

If Toal isn't scum, that means Bif and Sal are.
If Bif isn't scum, that means Toal and Sal are.
If Sal isn't scum, that means Toal and Bif are.

I think given the context of the game, the third scenario is far more likely than the other two.

3rd makes no sense since I can't see why Bif and Toal would be going at each other this hard if they were both on the same team.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

3rd makes no sense since I can't see why Bif and Toal would be going at each other this hard if they were both on the same team.

MAFIA EDIT: Since I know my alignment (town) the 3rd is the only one that is possible, and to me, that one doesn't seem possible since Bif and Toal are going hard in the mother loving paint against each other.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Now the only person who could have performed the kill on you is Sal. And the fact that you don't seem cognizant of that point is frightening, and I think it indicates that you have another agenda beyond 'finding scum'.

This is ignoring everything else. I'm going to make some assumptions with this post. I'm going to assume that most of you think I'm town. I think killing Onset is probably a good indication of that along with not hammering Nep. Accusing Bif of being scum because she won't entertain the thought that I tried to NK her (which again to be clear I did not) is really absurd. I had a night action that can't be verified but that is not taking the totality of the game into account.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

so sorry scum.

For what it's worth I thought you played pretty well and giving me the vig to vig Yami was a :masterstroke:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Depending on what Toal flips will help my decision on IS / Hum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow well I'm in some trouble. I'm a loving idiot.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

I don’t have the energy to go back and do a full reread right now (and have to leave for a meeting in twenty minutes anyway) but with Toal having flipped scum that removes in my mind any reason for Bif to lie about losing deathproof, which only leaves Sal to have done the nightkill, right?

I just really have a hard time believing that chain of events.

Toal was town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think it's possible there is only 1. My reasoning is 2 scum here ends the game. They both vote for me and that's 3 votes then we are left with 2 scum and 2 town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah well if Toal hadn't suicided then this wouldn't be an issue :-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

I died in the lamest way possible in this game

I'm the lamest mafia player on these forums :smith:

No that's the guy that literally voted himself out