Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Looke posted:

What’s mean is Sainsbury’s reducing their meal deal selection

Sainsubury's have been miserly with their meal deal for ages. Best place for a meal deal is Morrissons imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I listened to that 'hbomber' man and found him to be in very poor taste; people have a right to their opinions and there's no need to be so rude to them.

i wish these luvvy-lefty snowflakes weren't so mean

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Nuclear Spoon posted:

What's your favourite jam products

Raspberry is good. As is bramble.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Better, thanks

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
reminder that the indicative votes are today because lol hellworld

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It turns out… the real April Fool was the votes we had along the way

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I don't know where the "jam man" thing came from and I have been too afraid to ask before.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jeremy Corbyn makes jam. And collects photographs of manhole covers.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
*clears throat*

Meaningful vote.

Thank you, have a wonderful April Fools.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

OwlFancier posted:

And collects photographs of manhole covers.

Please just call them underwear

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whatever the outcome the indicative votes I'm assuming Beleaguered PM May will have authority to ignore it under the parliamentary precedent of April Fools.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112104131550822400

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112105411270696961

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112106069294088192

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112106451823034368

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112106954858463232

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112107414449356800

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112108002994061312

https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1112108669267636225

TL;DR Prince William had an affair with one of the Royal hangers on and the entire press is being told to shut the gently caress up about it despite all of them knowing about it and it basically being common knowledge amongst the Press.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it really very difficult when you're filthy rich to avoid shagging anything that moves?

Like surely you have other things to occupy your time?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OwlFancier posted:

Is it really very difficult when you're filthy rich to avoid shagging anything that moves?

When you're that rich you literally have nothing else to do. You hire people to do real things so you just travel around shaking hands, having dinners and sleeping with people.

Also loving lol I believe that story 100%.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1112596957049118721?s=19

I'm currently freezing waiting for a delayed train.

Not April Fooling: Labour need to gently caress right off with that immediately because it's literally illegal to disguise signup pages.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, you have sex workers who are smart enough (and paid enough) to keep quiet.

Allegedly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

TL;DR Prince William had an affair with one of the Royal hangers on and the entire press is being told to shut the gently caress up about it despite all of them knowing about it and it basically being common knowledge amongst the Press.

The real April Fool is me for willingly reading all those words of royal gossip. Jesus I'm dumb.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

OwlFancier posted:

Cool that you're referring to a woman as a thing rather than person

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm more interested that the press are willing to shut down a story about the gently caress up sons of the royal family considering they supposed to be "Just figureheads"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
They may be just figureheads but they're also loving billionaires.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm more interested that the press are willing to shut down a story about the gently caress up sons of the royal family considering they supposed to be "Just figureheads"

do you think wills gave her just the figurehead?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

A Republic would shut down like a third of the cheapest, easiest (and most popular) stories they publish. Of course they're going to defend the monarchy.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

In Belgium a journalist wrote a biography about Queen Paola (now 'retired') where he mentions how the affair and extramarital child of her husband the King were difficult for her to deal with. Nobody in the general public knew the King fathered a bastard, but all of the press sheepishly admitted it was sort of known between them.

The king abdicated a few years ago, which also means he no longer has Royal immunity, so the presumed bastard daughter sued him to provide a DNA sample for a paternity test. So far he's refused.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thenatbird/status/1112506410611281920

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
Weird shout out to prince Phillip in there, anyway this would be a super funny time for the royal family to fall apart

P.s. check out this other very normal tweet from that person. https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/1082773990681206785?s=19

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 1, 2019

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

OwlFancier posted:

Jeremy Corbyn makes jam.

Jeremy Corbyn is a fine dude.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Weird shout out to prince Phillip in there

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yes, you have sex workers who are smart enough (and paid enough) to keep quiet.

Allegedly.

At least that's always been the rumour/running joke about Philip (and for that matter most royal men)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Theresa May has made a sterling effort, but what we really need is the return of Margaret Thatcher. That's a leader I would happily call mummy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

By the standards of the British elite frankly it's a relief the prince's mistress is an adult.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Weird shout out to prince Phillip in there, anyway this would be a super funny time for the royal family to fall apart

Making Britane Grate Again

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Tenebrais posted:

By the standards of the British elite frankly it's a relief the prince's mistress is an adult.

Yeah lol

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Just heard some nameless commentator on 5 Live claim that Labour are aiming for the hardest of hard Brexits, and when Nicky Campbell challenged them on this, they promptly doubled down at which point I remembered that I should always put my radio back on 6Music after the weekend

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

OwlFancier posted:

Quite a lot of people have affairs, and rich / leisured people have more time to do it in as well as being better placed to survive the fallout if it ends up ruining their marriage.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Combat Theory posted:

Jeremy Corbyn is a fine dude.

He grows the fruit for his jams on his own allotment. We joke about it but the whole "jam grandad" meme exists to remind us how ridiculous the slurs are against this incredibly wholesome, affable and boring old chap who accidentally got catapulted into the Labour Party leadership.

But he is definitely an antisemite who will gulag us all. :ohdear:

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

OwlFancier posted:

Unless you believe that being rich or having royal genes does in fact indicate a superior human being, you’d better just accept that they’re just as susceptible to human frailty as anyone else. poo poo happens

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just seems weird when you have more money than god that if you feel like your life is insufficiently interesting that you wouldn't just get a hobby or something rather than cheating.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think the government banning things is a fine substitute for solving underlying issues and clearly the main cause of the increase in crime is that they haven't created a legislative instrument banning stabbing someone until they die, instead relying on the archaic Common Law. Tony Blair would not have stood for this.

I yield, this is the best April Fool.

namesake posted:

When you're that rich you literally have nothing else to do. You hire people to do real things so you just travel around shaking hands, having dinners and sleeping with people.
If I were that rich I'd be spending most of my time either going up or coming down mountains or high off my rear end on BP grade diamorphine from coming down mountains wrong. Wasting it on putting your dick in things (other than maybe rock faces if you've run out of other appendages, never tried that though) shows the typical upper class lack of imagination.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I am an eccentric billionaire, AMA.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Just seems weird when you have more money than god that if you feel like your life is insufficiently interesting that you wouldn't just get a hobby or something rather than cheating.

it's the danger of scandal that makes it interesting, I bet. Everything else is so very safe and risk-free because you have an army of yes-men to make sure you don't break your neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I really hate the abbreviation "Wills" it's stupid posho poo poo