Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote hal I WONT BE TRICKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
im sorry but I must follow my heart, hal, even if gulag is prob scum

##vote Hal

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal, Spritzy the Hairstylist, Town aligned Backup copRolecop, was Endgame D7

Gulag, Pierre the Chef, Mafia Aligned Mason, has won for the Scum team

JenX, Dusty the Maid, Self Aligned Survivor/Mason, has fulfilled their win condition as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Setup was

Mafia
Godfather spacing
Mason cpig
Watcher miku

Town
Rolecop omg
Miller pmush
Miller humalong
Jailer tommunist
Backup cop Hal
Vanilla steak
Vanilla aa
Vanilla binus
Vanilla inf

3p
Survivor/mason genex

That was fun. Sorry that Hal messed it all by believing me instead of question his results the other night.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi, scum. Please kill me so this game stops being my responsibility.

Retro Futurist posted:

Pmush, Poopsie the Cat, Town Aligned Miller, fell down the stairs N3

It is now D4

Y'all.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

We had already submitted your name when you said that.

At which point gdolls said "gently caress that, unkill her, nobody tells me what to do" in scumchat lololol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

God, I was about as wrong as it's possible for someone to be, though.

Except for CPig/Gulag. Gulag was just blatantly scummy and I have no idea why y'all let him get away with it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

God, I was about as wrong as it's possible for someone to be, though.

Except for CPig/Gulag. Gulag was just blatantly scummy and I have no idea why y'all let him get away with it.

Um.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was sure AA was scum, and I was sure Miku was town.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The pace of conversation was excruciatingly slow, and likely the cause of back-to-back no lynches. That the town continued to reward players for drive-by commentary and a total lack of effort was... something, to be sure.

After SiV's reflexive VT claim (but before I'd seen it), I also mentioned in scum chat that a Town Godfather claim would've given her a pass as being a pseudo-miller, and after OMG's rolecop claim I'm super sad we didn't see that play out.

Cheers to Gulag, who correctly predicted that absolutely no one would notice the "Kill me -> Fine" post and connect any dots.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

PMush Perfect posted:

Honestly, most people gave literally anyone posting a pass as being town. Starting D2 after I got unprobed, literally every effort post was quoted by 2+ town players with commentary akin to "This guy is town".

My demise felt as though it was ultimately fueled by the town's seeming desire to play Town of Salem instead of PBP Mafia.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I wish I had claimed town GF. The problem was, I didn't know what he thought he had on me. Rolecop was likely, but I was paranoid it was something else, somehow. I wish I had taken hum's idea of saying "I'm not a pr" / "I don't have a night action."

Also I was going to be cranky if town won only because I felt like at least scum was putting effort in.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, well you're always wrong about this wrt me. Whenever your this certain just flip the alignment and targs

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

yeah that was when I suspected, but also, like, I didn't care, lmao

game was p fun for a while, then not, then very amusing

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jen X posted:

yeah that was when I suspected, but also, like, I didn't care, lmao

game was p fun for a while, then not, then very amusing
You have a pass, some people hate Survivor.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah, well you're always wrong about this wrt me. Whenever your this certain just flip the alignment and targs
As soon as that works, I'll be wrong again.

spacing in vienna posted:

Also I was going to be cranky if town won only because I felt like at least scum was putting effort in.
Yeah, town really did not have our poo poo together that game.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

props to gulag for a beautiful fakeclaim that let him survive just long enough for me to get bored and vote for humalong instead of letting town gang up on him, hahaha

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thanks for the game, rf. God drat it we should have won. You guys hammered while I was at swim lessons with my daughter ugh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

this is why you always kill 3p claims

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

You have a pass, some people hate Survivor.

Oh it was miserable before I decided "screw it, let's just claim"

survivors without an intrinsic way to achieve their wincon are really just obnoxious roles, I wasn't entirely joking when I whined in the thread about not having a night action, heh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is why you always kill 3p claims

killing gulag would have won you all the game, yeah, but binus decided to go for humalong and I didn't want my precious mason buddy getting nuked, so

the vote happened :v:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

like even if I was scum voting gulag would have forced me to go for the 50/50 of targeting the undocced town (of course I wouldn't have known there was a doctor) and then you could appeal to jen the next day since her mason pal would be dead.

oh well, I played like poo poo all game and deserved to die.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jen X posted:

killing gulag would have won you all the game, yeah, but binus decided to go for humalong and I didn't want my precious mason buddy getting nuked, so

the vote happened :v:

I was gonna vote gulag when I got back :(

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Also two millers wtf

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Also two millers wtf
Two millers and no cop. It's an Opop game, this is just what he DOES.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

PMush Perfect posted:

Two millers and no cop. It's an Opop game, this is just what he DOES.
There role-cop double miller + GF setup was, I think, strictly a design choice to limit the power of the traditional cop role while still allowing for some alignment confirming. Backup cop adds to it, as well. I thought it was an interesting and elegant alternative to traditional cop.

The real issue is that it was a huge distraction to this game - just look at how on the day OMG claimed there was no productive discourse but instead just a ton of conversation about roles and setup speculation. That people almost-for-a-minute didn't tunnel on Spacing because of some weird redirection speculation was baffling.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’ve played around with rolecop/miller/gf before becaus eits fun and turns things on their heads. I added the second miller because it was funny, and the backup was because If I hadn’t, the rolecop would have died D1 and the entire setup would have been moot

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

that sure was a game

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

also in what universe is gulag being flip about being scum anything but alignment-neutral

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also in what universe is gulag being flip about being scum anything but alignment-neutral

Yeah exactly.

Gulag himself is completely alignment neutral to me and that is why he will defeat me every time because I never see him as scum until it is too late

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
5th dimensional chess expert. Just lunch goulash beyond d3

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Or as much as I hate to say it... every 3p claim.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Or as much as I hate to say it... every 3p claim.

Counterpoint: I was harmless, fucker

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Jen X posted:

Counterpoint: I was harmless, fucker

uhhh you hammered the endgame vote for scum lol

you played to your wincon to be sure but you did literally the most harm you could possibly do

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I hate you all. I hate phone posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you played to your wincon to be sure but you did literally the most harm you could possibly do

Subjectively, sure. It certainly wasn't harmful for us.