Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i get a bad feeling from binus too. gonna wait before placing a vote though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I have rather a good feeling about the maid, so long as one doesn't mind that she's a round-heeled little trollop, of course.

b-minus1 posted:

Getting major scum pings on this page

This is a terrible post, dear doctor. It throws out vague suspicion without bothering to pin it down. You were hoping to see who else picked up the ~vibes~ without having to name a suspect yourself.

##vote b-minus1

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

"Butler, be a dear and fetch everyone a stout tonic... I fear depravity has soured the mood."

I don't trust you any farther than I can throw you, but I'll never say no to a sip of something medicinal.

Mr. Steak posted:

idk how to roleplay as clay. uhh i work out lol

It's singularly unpleasant that you and AA share an avatar.

Infinitum posted:

Honestly can't decide which is going to be more annoying.
The roleplaying or the cat memes.

Cat memes temporarily get a pass because cats.

It is almost as though this is a "game" and several of us are amusing ourselves. The horror!!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'm due to get a 24h probe according to cyrano so im gonna drop my roleplaying to say this post sucks and i hate it ##vote infinitum

Heavens, what did you do to offend the mod? You can tell me, I shan't tell anyone. I do love secrets.

Infinitum posted:

Lotta scummy votes on this page, that's for damnnnnnnn sure.

"Yeah I'm gonna be gone for a day, so I'm just going to lock a vote in on someone, this is a super town mindset."

This post is as bad as the doctor's. Also, our dear fortune teller OMG makes perfect sense. If one is to be indisposed, it is only polite to do one's best to participate beforehand.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Poopsie dearest I disagree with some of your assessment but I simply believe that to be a difference of opinion betwixt you and I.

More importantly, I propose an alliance of sorts. I can't fathom being a gossipy old harridan without an evil cat by my side, to be smug at my triumphs and to be pampered to a fault.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
OOC: If we believe the roleplay, some of us are just arguing with a cat

"Heavens woman, have you gone senile? You're arguing with a cat." *sips brandy*

"I've not seen any reason to be suspicious of anyone, beyond the obvious patina of desperation that clings to each of you like cheap parfum. Harumph~!"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Honestly can't decide which is going to be more annoying.
The roleplaying or the cat memes.

Cat memes temporarily get a pass because cats.

He seemed like an awfully angry dwarf, but then again if I still played WoW in 2019 I'd be angry too.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Everyone pointing fingers at the doctor had me confused. Had they never seen a quack try to diagnose an entire room before? She was wearing her stethoscope like a monocle but I didn't think that was nearly enough reason to pin the murder of the old bag on her.

Yet.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hum i hear you mumbling over there but keep doing it man cuz it's priceless.

*sips grape juice from wine glass*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

spacing in vienna posted:

More importantly, I propose an alliance of sorts. I can't fathom being a gossipy old harridan without an evil cat by my side, to be smug at my triumphs and to be pampered to a fault.
I'm flattered, Lulu, you and Agatha were always very close, and I know you very well. Too well to trust you so easily.

We still have plenty of time yet before we must make a move to appear productive, but as of this moment, Parker is the one who looks the worst. Too early to say anything for certain; only fools rush in, and there is still plenty of time left.

I am going to go take my midday nap on the windowsill now, these things are better done when well-rested.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

This is a terrible post, dear doctor. It throws out vague suspicion without bothering to pin it down. You were hoping to see who else picked up the ~vibes~ without having to name a suspect yourself.

##vote b-minus1

Wow you read way too much into that post lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Steak posted:

i get a bad feeling from binus too. gonna wait before placing a vote though

In the meantime, you should explain this bad feeling. Because right now it looks like you’re Mr. Scum waiting to see whether or not my lunch wagon will continue. Vote me if you think I’m scum

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

PMush Perfect posted:

OMG: In your opinion, what would be a more town-y way to respond to suddenly being put at -2 with still a day and a half to go?

any cogent argument; he just put words in my mouth, misrepresenting what i said. I saw a 6er from Cyrano saying "placeholder for admins", i pmed cyrano and asked how long he asked for, he said 24h. when the 6er expired, i checked the lepers colony and it was all 6ers since mine, suggesting the admins havent gotten to the queue yet, so I took what might have been my only opportunity to vote, and used it on who my spidey sense tingled for the most so far. complaining about people making effort posts scans as scummy

none of this is unreasonable.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

also pmush defending infinitum seems scummy by association but that's a really loose read that entirely depends on my hunch about infinitum so i deffo wouldn't pull at that thread without more to see

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Vienna’s post is scummy af. Read way too much into a joke post I made that “ throws out vague suspicion” (lol) as a rationale for voting me. Potential scumbus of AA. Posting something like “I don’t trust you any farther than I can throw you” is classic D1Scumbus.txt

##vote scumming in vienna

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't ask what would have been a more logical way, I asked what would have been a more towny way. Those aren't necessarily the same.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wait, right, OMG is probed. poo poo. I'm a smart cat.

Remember back when you first played and you used to be good at this?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

OOC: If we believe the roleplay, some of us are just arguing with a cat

"Heavens woman, have you gone senile? You're arguing with a cat." *sips brandy*

"I've not seen any reason to be suspicious of anyone, beyond the obvious patina of desperation that clings to each of you like cheap parfum. Harumph~!"

The cat is more intelligent than some of the other members of our crew, my dear sir, and the only cheap parfum I smell is your own scent.

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm flattered, Lulu, you and Agatha were always very close, and I know you very well. Too well to trust you so easily.

See? A very clever cat indeed. Fully capable of any human wickedness. I approve.

b-minus1 posted:

Vienna’s post is scummy af. Read way too much into a joke post I made that “ throws out vague suspicion” (lol) as a rationale for voting me. Potential scumbus of AA. Posting something like “I don’t trust you any farther than I can throw you” is classic D1Scumbus.txt

I don't trust AA because he is a sleazy degenerate. That's alignment-neutral, pet.

Besides, you cited a "number of scummy posts" on this page, but didn't bother to provide details on who or how. Except, apparently, me for noticing? Tsk, tsk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

"So do you think I'm scum, old chap?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The cat is more intelligent than some of the other members of our crew, my dear sir, and the only cheap parfum I smell is your own scent.

See? A very clever cat indeed. Fully capable of any human wickedness. I approve.

I don't trust AA because he is a sleazy degenerate. That's alignment-neutral, pet.

Besides, you cited a "number of scummy posts" on this page, but didn't bother to provide details on who or how. Except, apparently, me for noticing? Tsk, tsk.

Gasp!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait, right, OMG is probed. poo poo. I'm a smart cat.

Remember back when you first played and you used to be good at this?

Ok then.

I will laugh if you are scum that just inadvertently confirmed two players as town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah this is bee man town game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Ok then.

I will laugh if you are scum that just inadvertently confirmed two players as town

Here is normal scum-hunting reasoning. "This seems suspicious, so maybe A is scum. If they are, it makes B look better, but it also makes C look worse."

Here is the trap we fall into: "This is suspicious, so A is scum. Therefore, B is town, and C is also scum."

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well nice of multiple people to get probated!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah this is bee man town game.

yeah prob

##vote humalong

Mr. Detective, no one knows your name, or what you look like, but you seem happy to toss some very weak defence onto Chairty. Why don't you take a load off, alongside other things, and tell us something about why you're so eager to defend her? Show us more of you...r wisdom.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think humalong is a bad d1 vote. Seems unlikely that a scum player would put in that much effort to post as their flavor. Maybe because there’s no way in hell I would do that as scum haha

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also pmush defending infinitum seems scummy by association but that's a really loose read that entirely depends on my hunch about infinitum so i deffo wouldn't pull at that thread without more to see

You inferring established associations in a game that has barely started is interesting.

This post is as bad as the doctor's. Also, our dear fortune teller OMG makes perfect sense. If one is to be indisposed, it is only polite to do one's best to participate beforehand.

What is more likely. That there were 5 town votes on me, or scum saw an opportunity for an early turbo?

Why would you also vote bminus for 'scum pinging' when you pointed out my post was the exact same thing?
Would it not have been the better more to vote me to -1?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've been out of the loop for a while, can someone explain this "b- is merk 2" meta thing? Is he ever actually helpful when he's being like this?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

What is more likely. That there were 5 town votes on me, or scum saw an opportunity for an early turbo?

Why would you also vote bminus for 'scum pinging' when you pointed out my post was the exact same thing?

The part of your post I objected to the most, dearest, was where you implied it was scummy of our fortune teller to vote you considering the imminent probation.

You stated there were a number of scummy votes on you, which is vague, but at least hints toward who you're speaking of: the people who voted you. B- stating there were scummy posts on this page was more vague and thus worse.

Why vote him and not you? I had a worse feel about him, because his post was worse.

Why in heaven would I vote and put you at -1 when we're still a day out from deadline, especially as I'm not convinced you're scum? I don't like your post, but that's hardly conclusive.

PMush Perfect posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while, can someone explain this "b- is merk 2" meta thing? Is he ever actually helpful when he's being like this?

I don't think I've played with our doctor before, so all the meta talk about his town game vs scum tells is beyond me.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

b-minus1 posted:

I think humalong is a bad d1 vote. Seems unlikely that a scum player would put in that much effort to post as their flavor. Maybe because there’s no way in hell I would do that as scum haha

Lmao at this conclusion

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

Dude what the hell is your deal. I’m not sure why you are being such a dick. It’s day 1 and I’m prepared for all of my reads to be wrong. That’s usually how it goes for everyone

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

I really don't like this post, but it feels more like "bad town reasoning that I disagree with" than "lame scum faking content," which is making me reconsider my vote on you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Dude what the hell is your deal. I’m not sure why you are being such a dick. It’s day 1 and I’m prepared for all of my reads to be wrong. That’s usually how it goes for everyone
Sorry. This past month or so has been spent both off my meds and recovering from a really terrible stretch of time. I've been all kinds of moody while I slowly readjust. That, combined with being out of practice, I was trying to get aggro to push for reactions, but like... that's a pretty hypocritical plan when also calling someone else Merk.

I do feel like OMG is looking pretty towny, after sleeping on it. Getting out of a whole day's worth of D1 would have been super easy and nobody could fault them for it.

Infinitum posted:

And I can't see a scum at -2 saying this. I think OMG/Inf is a town slapfight.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I really don't like this post, but it feels more like "bad town reasoning that I disagree with" than "lame scum faking content," which is making me reconsider my vote on you.

I honestly don't think it's eith town-y or scum...It's just terrible.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ugh that whole thing rubs me the wrong way

##vote b-minus

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Yeah I deffs feel like it's anti-town but it also feels super nooby

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Great chat everyone

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##unvote Removing initial comedy vote.

Will be around for deadline to post. Just on morning tea atm.

Tommunist posted:

Ugh that whole thing rubs me the wrong way

##vote b-minus

This comes across like scum trying to slide in at the end of the day with a gently caress it vote.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Great chat everyone
What is this supposed to mean?

Infinitum posted:

##unvote Removing initial comedy vote.
Oh, poo poo, you're right. I never took mine off.

##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh poo poo deadline is in 5 hours. ive just been gettin drunk as hell on grape juice but now i'll start looking critically at the peeps in this room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
binus is looking a little better now that he's gotten defensive in a way that no self-respecting scum would on d1 with only a couple votes.

so im looking at people who may have been pushing for a binus mislynch. namely tommunist and genex