Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The Cubs are nothing more than a .500 team with a hot streak.

But with the M’s sell off we can get Vogelbach back and finally trade him for Mike Trout!

Thank you for coming to my Cubs Blogger Talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This happened literally 2 minutes after the Cubs drafted him

I figured after the reach at 27 he was just made up.

GoatSeeGuy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 4, 2019

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Pancakes posted:

He’ll get in via committee if not by the writers, it’s just a question of whether they wait until he’s dead to avoid his offensive speech.

Might take even longer since most of those committees seem very narrative driven and do you wanna be “The Curt Schilling guy?” I am ok with this.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He seems like a decent guy who’s able to poke fun at himself and his stories were genuinely entertaining. He’s also staunchly in favor of increasing MiLB salaries because the guys aren’t being paid a real living wage. The whole thing really improved my opinion of Cowboy Joe.

I for one am shocked that Joe West is happy when he’s the center of attention.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

That's really loving stupid.

There’s no way this would work, it has to be a way to entice Montreal to build a stadium or scare Tampa.

Forget the fan base issues, just the logistics make this a non-starter.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Rigel posted:

At first this seemed incredibly loving stupid, but now its starting to make sense. Montreal lost their team due to attendance. This is basically MLB saying "show us you want them".

If the stadium has respectable crowds up north and barren in Tampa, then you know what happens next.

It’s not like MLB would ever use Tampa in order to get a city to build a stad...what?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2012/10/23/mark-purdy-giants-almost-left-san-francisco-for-tampa-bay-area-20-years-ago/

Well surely it’s just that one tim...huh?

http://www.raysindex.com/2013/08/a-look-back-at-the-time-the-white-sox-nearly-moved-to-tampa-st-pete.html

I’m sure nothing dishonorable is happening here.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Popete posted:

Also those people cheering Pujols furiously deleting #trader tweets from 8 years ago.

Not all of them...

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Popete posted:

The slider off the plate that was the undoing of Starlin Castro and Alfonso Soriano is something that Baez has learned to lay off.

He's still hit 2-3 of those out this year.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

One title in literal hundreds of years and cubs posters still think everybody on their team is super cool and cute.

If there’s one position on the field that knows to never question the umpire on balls and strikes it’s definitely......the catcher?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Now if Addison Russel had called a press conference to make his wife apologize to him, then it would be Brave.

He could have just gone the honorable route and impregnated a Hooters Waitress instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

happy kimbrel day, chumps

Do we need to send Juliana Zobrist a gift basket?