Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sweet thursday posted:

Did you accidentally probe yourself last night, Burt?

Lol yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nice

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thread delivers all around.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skypie posted:

Bats! With glowing red eyes and glistening fangs, these unspeakable giant bugs

i got this reference

top marks

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Sunswipe posted:

Are there any foods made from bugs commonly available that don't look like they're intended as a challenge? People would be more open to eating insects if they tried a nice burger and were then told "Actually, that was made from crickets!" rather than the usual "Here's a freaky looking bug that we've deep-fried! Eat it! Eat it all!"

Look into cricket flour! Supposedly it bakes nicely and produces a nutty flavor. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Skeleton Ape posted:

Shrimp and lobster are some pretty good bugs to eat

I think those only count as bugs if you eat them with the shells on.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Skypie posted:

Bats! With glowing red eyes and glistening fangs, these unspeakable giant bugs

Class: BATS AREN'T BUGS!!!

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Can you grind up a bunch of bugs into like an insect patty?
Turn it into texture-less protein?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

my cat is norris posted:

Look into cricket flour! Supposedly it bakes nicely and produces a nutty flavor. I haven't tried it yet but I really want to.

whats the protein content like though

actually how much protein is there in insects compared to other stuff in equivalent weights

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jose posted:

actually how much protein is there in insects compared to other stuff in equivalent weights
A common American field ant can withstand pressures up to 5,000 times greater than its own body weight, so they're pretty swole and I bet they are 110% effort and 110% protein

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Sunswipe posted:

Are there any foods made from bugs commonly available that don't look like they're intended as a challenge? People would be more open to eating insects if they tried a nice burger and were then told "Actually, that was made from crickets!" rather than the usual "Here's a freaky looking bug that we've deep-fried! Eat it! Eat it all!"

have u seen snowpiercer?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

my cat is norris posted:

Thank you, I shall do this.

Un chien andalou posted:

have u seen snowpiercer?
I have not. Is it anime?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

I have not. Is it anime?

It's the vaguely British film where the world ended and now everyone lives in an ice train

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if you watch it do your best not to think about it too hard because it gets dumber the harder you think about it

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sunswipe posted:

Not food per se, but starbucks uses bugs as food coloring instead of red dye.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Needs to be some kind of Timon and Pumba gang tags issued here, mods :)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Angelwolf posted:

Let's see 'em.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao d&d bug crew is getting angry!!!!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If that av buyer feels bugged he should eat his feelings

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nut to Butt posted:

lmao d&d bug crew is getting angry!!!!

Eat the bugs, dnd

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pond scum. Pretty closed minded of the d&d community to call Dong what many in the algae-eating community believe to be the ultimate slur

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

They're prolly pissed because I said lovely jobs will still be lovely under communism in the bad jobs thread. Because, y'know...stuff like working in human poo poo will magically become the most enjoyable work because government reasons or something.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Honky Dong Country posted:

They're prolly pissed because I said lovely jobs will still be lovely under communism in the bad jobs thread. Because, y'know...stuff like working in human poo poo will magically become the most enjoyable work because government reasons or something.

well actually I have it on good internet authority that under communism nobody has to do anything but sleep all day, there's a lake of stew, and whiskey too, and they hanged the jerk that invented work

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

well actually I have it on good internet authority that under communism nobody has to do anything but sleep all day, there's a lake of stew, and whiskey too, and they hanged the jerk that invented work

is that Big Rock Candy Mountain?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Angelwolf posted:

i know what i want to do for it but i doubt i will have time to actually pull it off this evening, as i am already booked solid, and these things move pretty fast in GBS. but basically the idea is:

pumbaa sloppily eating the bugs and showing them to simba: BUG BROS
timon cleanly but enthusiastically bisecting a bug: GRUB GALS
simba perking up after eating his first bug: BUG EATAZ

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

sweet thursday posted:

Pond scum. Pretty closed minded of the d&d community to call Dong what many in the algae-eating community believe to be the ultimate slur

A great alternative food source. The irony is not lost.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Coolguye posted:

BUG EATAZ

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Jose posted:

Since nobody else answered -- insects are super rich in protein. 7g protein per 1/4c cricket flour versus 3g protein in your everyday all purpose flour.

I've ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010VTRH5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gedcDbDWN0JXM

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

my dog just ate a fly that was annoying him by trapping it against a window

BUG EATAZ

naem
May 29, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

https://youtu.be/tAdrNQNP8ew

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Honestly I prefer the bugs to pond scum.

That's gross. You folx are gross.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
I've driven by this place on the way to Chicago. Always wondered what kind of a weirdo goes on a farm tour