Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I ain't posting a video. You'll know it's me in the pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'll donate $20 to a Canadian cat charity when a goon eats what cats do/bugs

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Not only is it good for the environment, but also rescue animals. It doesn't get much more ethically sound them this.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
or just relieve your penis of the leech by slitting down your urethra. but I do suggest a mask.
in case you find eating insects more terrifying than a bit of body modding.
or not.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 16, 2019

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Only thing visible is gonna be my stupid mouth and username.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Honky Dong Country posted:

Only thing visible is gonna be my stupid mouth and username and balls.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Honky Dong, indeed

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I wish I was that flexible. :q:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Really need closure in this thread. I'll donate $20 to a cat shelter if a goon steps up and eats some bugs, and posts a video.

No doxxing so wear a mask.

Much like batman, the shitposter is the real persona, and the person behind it is the mask

I don't think there's going to be a sudden mass transition to bugs, lab grown meat already exists and is probably what we'll be eating 100 years from now

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAF35dekiAY
Inb4 trump steak.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Get a load of all these bug chasers.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Skypie posted:

Vegan alternatives are fuckin disgusting. We bought vegan cheese by accident in January and it tasted like garbage. We have a lactose intolerant friend who has to get vegan cheese and she swears it tastes the same but I think her inferior genetics also broke her taste buds

Does your friend know about lactase pills? I'm intolerant too, and they work just fine for me. Or is she one of the super intolerant who has to run to the bathroom at the sight of cheese? That's unfortunate if so.

They started selling crickets at Safeco Field for Mariners games last year. Apparently they sold out almost every game.
It's T-mobile Park now, though, and I've no idea if they still sell them.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

its all nice on rice posted:

Does your friend know about lactase pills? I'm intolerant too, and they work just fine for me. Or is she one of the super intolerant who has to run to the bathroom at the sight of cheese? That's unfortunate if so.

They started selling crickets at Safeco Field for Mariners games last year. Apparently they sold out almost every game.
It's T-mobile Park now, though, and I've no idea if they still sell them.

Lol no way

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

its all nice on rice posted:

I don't know how severe it is, just that when we have pitch-ins, she has to absolutely know if any kind of dairy (even powder) was in the food and if so, she can't/won't eat it

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Turns out it was grasshoppers.

Here's a story on the history a d how they're farmed in Oaxaca.
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22946221/at-seattle-mariners-games-grasshoppers-favorite-snack

Skypie posted:

I don't know how severe it is, just that when we have pitch-ins, she has to absolutely know if any kind of dairy (even powder) was in the food and if so, she can't/won't eat it

I'd ask her if she's heard of it. Lactaid is the Brand Name (has an ice cream cone on a blue box) but the store brands are the exact same for less money. One pill lasts for about 30-45 minutes of dairy bliss. Can find it next to the laxatives!

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 16, 2019

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Cost Plus World Market had dried and flavored crickets last time I was in there. It's late now, but if no-one beats me to the punch I'll try and earn those catbux tomorrow.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrHammond posted:

Cost Plus World Market had dried and flavored crickets last time I was in there. It's late now, but if no-one beats me to the punch I'll try and earn those catbux tomorrow.

Pick ur probe. It’s like 5central I think.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Pick ur probe. It’s like 5central I think.

Like I've got till 5central tomorrow? Doable. I'm committed, cats are cool.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Gawsh I hope they still have those crickets :ohdear:

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I found out from this thread that the methods that slaughterhouses must use to kill animals are based on religious practices rather than medical or scientific concepts that could theoretically reduce animal suffering. I guess I'm not really that surprised at that specifically but do find it interesting that I don't see this brought up more. Unless I'm understanding this incorrectly and Halal slaughtering is indeed the most painless/humane mehod for slaughtering, though it sure sounds way worse than just quickly killing an animal first then butchering it immediately afterward?

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

I'll eat bugs. Where do I get bugs. They don't have any at the publix and I live in a city, so i'm not eating outside bugs. Atlanta bugs would probably kill me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrHammond posted:

Gawsh I hope they still have those crickets :ohdear:

DrHammond Eat the bugs

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Molothecat posted:

I'll eat bugs. Where do I get bugs. They don't have any at the publix and I live in a city, so i'm not eating outside bugs. Atlanta bugs would probably kill me

Molothecat Eat the bugs

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Molothecat posted:

A search of "edible insects" on yelp gives Orkin as the top result. Wouldn't trust that, though.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Molothecat Eat the bugs

I'm 100% in. How long do I have? Can I have time for an amazon order to arrive?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I found out from this thread that the methods that slaughterhouses must use to kill animals are based on religious practices rather than medical or scientific concepts that could theoretically reduce animal suffering. I guess I'm not really that surprised at that specifically but do find it interesting that I don't see this brought up more. Unless I'm understanding this incorrectly and Halal slaughtering is indeed the most painless/humane mehod for slaughtering, though it sure sounds way worse than just quickly killing an animal first then butchering it immediately afterward?

Jesustheastronaut Eat the cow

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Molothecat posted:

I'm 100% in. How long do I have? Can I have time for an amazon order to arrive?

You have till 5ish like everyone you bug shill.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

DrHammond posted:

I'll go here tomorrow am, then

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I sense some people are just going to eat chocolate covered ants and say seeeeeeee?

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

I sense some people are just going to eat chocolate covered ants and say seeeeeeee?

If the crickets aren't available at World Market I'll just pick up some meal-worms or crickets from the pet supply shop.

I'm a.) okay with bugs and b.) really dedicated to getting these loving catbux.

Don't impugn my honor :colbert:

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Very excited at the opportunity to post my "Living with Intestinal Parasites: Don't eat live Crickets!" thread.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

DrHammond posted:

Very excited at the opportunity to post my "Living with Intestinal Parasites: Don't eat live Crickets!" thread.

Pan fry em or something

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Julius CSAR posted:

Only Honk is gonna eat the bugs, all the other idiots hosed off back DnD

i cant believe that a bunch of goons would virtue signal about something they dont do and then immediately vacate the second they had to walk their talk

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

Pan fry em or something

My fiancee is gonna loving kill me if I cook crickets in our pan. She's already very unhappy about the world market crickets.

Live meal worms are safe, this I know.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Lol oh gently caress I just saw this poo poo

I wonder if the world market downtown still sells crickets, I will chow the gently caress down on them for the internet no goddamn problem

I will try to get down there tomorrow but it’s like 45 minutes one way

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It might not count for much, but I have coconut meal worm bites in the cabinet, and I am going to eat some right now. Thank you.

I got them in San Francisco. You can probably find them in other places. They're not bad for a granola-like snack!

I mean I guess it's like chocolate-covered ants but with more crunch.

I'll investigate other bug-eating options.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

It might not count for much, but I have coconut meal worm bites in the cabinet, and I am going to eat some right now. Thank you.

I got them in San Francisco. You can probably find them in other places. They're not bad for a granola-like snack!

I mean I guess it's like chocolate-covered ants but with more crunch.

I'll investigate other bug-eating options.

plz mail me some bugitos, cnn, tia

edit: I need them by 5pm CST

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Deliveries don't usually arrive at my place until late afternoon and I got poo poo to do today so expect some cricket eatin' after dinner time.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

I'm on to world market number two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Molothecat posted:

I'm on to world market number two.

Good deal goon, be thinking up that probe reason I suspect we will be v busy later today.

Also, is the aspca a good donation charity? I mean gently caress peta from what I’ve read.