Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
The Angels made no moves to get better, but think they're in a position to make a wildcard run despite being 5.5 games back and worse than the 5+ teams that are ahead of them in that regard. They have 1 starting pitcher on their roster and its a rookie. They have no pitchers that have pitched enough innings to qualify for rate stats. Literally every game is a bullpen day where they piece together 5+ pitchers.

They just lost 5 of 7 to the 2 worst teams in all of baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Depending on how you feel about Cleveland, 3 of the 4 teams ahead of them are really really good. If you think Cleveland is as well, all four are significantly better than the Angels though being minus one Bauer might bring Cleveland back down the rankings

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

He's gonna strike out down 8 in a meaningless game and cubs fans are gonna burn his house down

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Dutchy posted:

A's add another mediocre reliever, Astros add Zack Greinke. Sick.

It's a little frustrating, and I feel that they have prospects that are being roadblocked (Neuse) who are good trade bait! I'm not sure why they didn't get more.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kemp isn't an especially good player but he's a good teammate and clubhouse guy, everyone loves him, and he really appeals to fans so I don't know if Cubs fans will turn on him. Hell, they never turned on Schwarber

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Kemp isn't an especially good player but he's a good teammate and clubhouse guy, everyone loves him, and he really appeals to fans so I don't know if Cubs fans will turn on him. Hell, they never turned on Schwarber

They never turned on schwarber because the idea of a mediocre fat man making millions appeals to them

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Seems like a classy dude.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

And I never will....

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Angels already won their most coveted prize of the year: a season sweep of the Dodgers.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cubs fans liking statistically bad but otherwise fun players is like all we have

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I had no idea how good Ryu's been this year :stare:

The Astros and Dodgers look like near mirror images of each other. Three to four extremely frightening starters and a powerful lineup

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Astros vs Mets World Series 2019, Make it happen, O Gods of Chaos.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They never turned on schwarber because the idea of a mediocre fat man making millions appeals to them

This is unfair and untrue on a number of levels, but nonetheless

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

I had no idea how good Ryu's been this year :stare:

The Astros and Dodgers look like near mirror images of each other. Three to four extremely frightening starters and a powerful lineup
Hes going to either win the Cy Young or finish a heartbreakingly close second to Max

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Will be an interesting offseason to watch. Whole lot of teams betting that the barren FA SP market will mean better deals for their pitchers than they'd have gotten today.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't think Kemp will do anything on the field but he's already earned my eternal loyalty for keeping russell off the team dor another month.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

cole/verlander/greinke vs scherzer/strasburg/corbin is going to be real fun

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Kemp is a good utility guy, and a good man, you could do worse.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ProperCoochie posted:

Astros vs Mets World Series 2019, Make it happen, O Gods of Chaos.

Only if the Mets win.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
White Sox hire Danny Farquhar as a minor league coach, continuing their quest to be a really likable organization.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Look at all the control guys.

https://twitter.com/scott_stinson/status/1156677453600960515

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Please don't quote the post that hotlanta man has literally already made dozens of times

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I'm drat excited about the Astros right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am really excited to see the cubs unveil the Two DH Outfield

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Please don't quote the post that hotlanta man has literally already made dozens of times

Vitriol fascinates me. He has so much to say and says it with such enthusiasm. Besides, we're all bozos on this bus.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

I remember AL West fans being thrilled the Astros were coming over.

...whoops

I loving hated it

I wanted a Rangers/Astros World Series, goddamn it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

lol that sure is some spin

The only trade I thought was egregiously bad was the Stroman one. Sanchez is not that good and Biagini is just a veteran reliever, so that deal is alright. Clearly the Blue Jays are not going anywhere right now so it makes sense to dump the latter two.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Which non-abuser player have the Cubs fans turned on? Heyward MAYBE is all I can think of

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

mcmagic, could you translate for us?

https://twitter.com/clintfrazier/status/1156691796161945600

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Which non-abuser player have the Cubs fans turned on? Heyward MAYBE is all I can think of

Quintana I guess? Lot of Cubs fans calling for him to be shipped and his trade to be a colossal bust despite Cease and Eloy combining for a cool -0.5 WAR so far. I think a lot of people expected they were getting an ace when in reality they were really just getting a MOR guy on a really nice contract, and then he hit the wrong side of thirty and backslid into more of a #4 type guy. Sure I don't think it's going to go down as a great trade for us, and I recognize Cease and Eloy have poo poo tons of upside and insanely brief MLB careers so far so they have a lot of time to provide way more surplus value, but :lol: at thinking either of them would have provided more value to the Cubs at this point than Q has.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

Now? Or in the past? Because I remember some pretty intense Todd Hundley hatred.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

It's like the reverse of going back in time with the winning lotto numbers.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is Phelps available out of the pen tonight?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

good gravy

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Said by the same man who orchestrated this:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

Said by the same man who orchestrated this:

That's five years of control my dude

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Imagine if Toronto went with Kwantity over Kawhi

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Intruder posted:

Darvish ?

I love him tho...

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Yes, he probably eats a lot of it and thinks it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zigmidge posted:

Imagine if Toronto went with Kwantity over Kawhi

:vince: