Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Sneed actually hasn't been that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Of course now I've jinxed it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I will never understand the Astros penchant for clowning aces with ease and then making washed up lotto tickets look like prime Nolan Ryan

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I will never understand the Astros penchant for clowning aces with ease and then making washed up lotto tickets look like prime Nolan Ryan

Lance Lynn is a 4 bWAR pitcher

His bWAR is higher than Verlander's

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Lance Lynn is a 4 bWAR pitcher

His bWAR is higher than Verlander's

Uh wow I was not aware he had improved on his 2017-18 numbers by that degree :eyepop:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Lynn looked washed up as hell last year with the Twins, he's done a complete 180 this year

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
that was a slick GIDP

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Uh wow I was not aware he had improved on his 2017-18 numbers by that degree :eyepop:

It's a testament to how many holes the Rangers have that Minor and Lynn are having the years they're having and they still have almost no shot at the division

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

It's interesting to me that Cy Sneed, who the gently caress is Cy Sneed, has an expansive wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cy_Sneed

Cy, or Snuffy, as I like to call him, must have a rather good agent as it is obviously professionally promotional, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Snuffy>Framber, who has found a new home as not a starter. Bye Framber, nice knowing you. Relieving is more your thing, you'll be happy.

the popes toes fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 12, 2019

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

It's a testament to how many holes the Rangers have that Minor and Lynn are having the years they're having and they still have almost no shot at the division

and Hunter Pence having his best season in probably a decade, maybe his career?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Considering the Astros are already reduced to having Urquidy in the rotation, having to fill another spot is a tough place to be in

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Considering the Astros are already reduced to having Urquidy in the rotation, having to fill another spot is a tough place to be in

Yeah, don't want to go into September with such are large question about the rotation. Peacock and and Smith will be be back, like now? But they're still short. It's worrisome.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Verlander will probably still be very good because he's Verlander but the home run thing might be something to worry about come October

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In theory the cooler temperatures should help reduce his dongs, but who knows

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

the popes toes posted:

Yeah, don't want to go into September with such are large question about the rotation. Peacock and and Smith will be be back, like now? But they're still short. It's worrisome.

I don’t really have much faith in Peacock as a starter anymore, though it’s tough to say how much of that was due to the injury he was apparently playing through. And Smith, while a welcome addition, has had some real poo poo rehab appearances lately so don’t expect him to come back and immediately start dealing like last year.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

In theory the cooler temperatures should help reduce his dongs, but who knows

Oh god, the jokes write themselves with this quote.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
bucs

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hope everybody has a nice weekend planned and has a chance to watch a ballgame or two :unsmith:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Score a bunch of runs Cubs, that would be pretty cool

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Johnny Bravo posted:

Lynn looked washed up as hell last year with the Twins, he's done a complete 180 this year

I think he was still coming back from TJS at that point. He had it in late 2016, rejoined the Cards in 17. He was hit or miss in 18 but had some good games, especially with the Yankees.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Will this be the day Yu Darvish gets his first Cubs home win?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

lol no

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

I just consider each bell appearance an automatic home run, so he fact that he leads off the next inning means they're only down 1-0 as far as I'm concerned

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
oof nice pitch

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Darvish....good?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
his #'s first time through the order are good this year :shrug:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
pretty nice catch by heyward there

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Are they saying "Yu" or "Yu-urns?"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid posted:

pretty nice catch by heyward there

https://twitter.com/Russ_Dorsey1/status/1149757957804044294

okay it was a very nice catch

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
btw these are both delightful pitchers to watch when they're cooking and today they are cooking so far. i almost wish i didn't have a rooting interest.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

GalacticAcid posted:

btw these are both delightful pitchers to watch when they're cooking and today they are cooking so far. i almost wish i didn't have a rooting interest.

Yeah, this is the guy I thought we were getting last year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: a hit

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

is that legal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Runners on the bases? Time to get a strand going.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
God drat it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

im so sick of this poo poo, score a loving run

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This team is really bad

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
noooo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The pirates, who are an actual professional baseball team, will easily cash in this runner and that's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wow, look at this exciting Cubs offense after the ASB.