Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Golf is also really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Welp, sorry Tiger :(

Go Bubba!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

LOOK WHO'S T-3 IN THE CLUBHOUSE

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
David Duval shot a 14 on one hole, including a 2 stroke penalty for playing the wrong ball.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Presto posted:

David Duval shot a 14 on one hole, including a 2 stroke penalty for playing the wrong ball.

This is the golf I like.

I don't give a flying poo poo about your gambling addicted rear end saying "Tiger's face says his back his tight".

Give me "The motherfucker hit a range ball by mistake, whoops", anyday.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

LOOK WHO'S T-3 IN THE CLUBHOUSE

gently caress yeah :dukedog:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Big Daddy Barnrat was on Men in Blazers yesterday. Apparently he has like 20 of those Bubba Watson watches as well 3+ Ferraris.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I can’t fit all the names on one page. Sorry Leishman.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Breakfast golf with a Tiger birdie on one! Good start to my Friday!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Spieth -5 in the last 4 out of loving nowhere

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
JB Glacier Holmes -8. How exciting.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

This is the golf I like.

I don't give a flying poo poo about your gambling addicted rear end saying "Tiger's face says his back his tight".

I have literally never gambled on golf in my life, I just enjoy watching Tiger win majors :shrug:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Tiger needs to do something these last 4 holes if he's going to make the cut :(

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I wouldn't trust Holmes or Lowry to not crash and burn this weekend. Also, Lee Westwood could pull a Darren Clarke and win by everyone in front of him bursting into flames, but of course will flame out as well.

Looks like Rory finally woke up (wayyyyyyyyyy tooo late). :fork:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 19, 2019

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Spieth owns, hook em bitch

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Did anyone else just see Luke Lists shot fly backwards out of the rough? I love this poo poo so much

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mat-su-much.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rip Matsuyama, Leishman, and Mickelson.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Didn't realize this is the first time *ever* The Open has completely sold out. That's neat.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m not even surprised. This course is rad.

At this point I’m pulling for Spieth or Westwood. Leishman you have disappointed me so.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Anyone else having trouble with the NBC golf app? I can watch all the streams except for the main tv coverage, which just keeps loading. I’m signed in and have tried deleting and reinstalling, but no luck. Ran just fine the last two days.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
Westwood win would be super cool.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Westwood needs to drop back into 3rd place, he will shoot a 75 tomorrow if he's leading after round 3.

Rory probably wishes he had that 1 footer on Thursday back. :smith:

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
God I'm so mad Fleetwood was just barely in the top 10 favorites. Dudes game is perfect for this course.

Anno
May 10, 2017

What an impressive round of golf by Lowry.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lowry is killing it but an Irishman winning in Northern Ireland? :thunk:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
From R1 bet leader to 2nd worst round on the course.

Never change, Sergio.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Last hour or so has been chaos on the first hole. Poor Brooks is in his nightmare scenario - paired with the Pace Car in an important round in awful weather conditions.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kuchar went +3 on 4 and 5 and is gonna lose me the pool :argh:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Entertaining stuff going on right now. Fowler and Westwood charging, Lowry holding, and a bunch of good players in trouble.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lowry’s lead is 5 after 4 holes. His win is inevitable, so I just want to see some crazy weather poo poo happen.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Josh Lyman posted:

Lowry is killing it but an Irishman winning in Northern Ireland? :thunk:

people from ni are Irish too

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

loving lol Molinari might win the pool in the clubhouse at -3.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
good summers day this

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

NBC announcers desperately trying to manufacture drama by saying there’s danger on the back 9. There’s no burn like at Carnoustie. There will be no Van de Velde here.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I think if Fleetwood was putting better today they might have something but his putter looks cold and Lowry can basically play mega safe if he wants to.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kuchar you hosed me. :mad:

Congrats to DJExile, 2nd win this year.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Koepka pointing at his watch (doesn't actually wear a watch) to a rules official. Jesus, I cannot imagine how his round must suck with the slowest player on the course as his partner.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
That last double just :fork: Fleetwood but how the heck did Frank Moli get through the entire round without a bogey? Amazing.

Cool that Koepka and Finau will be top :911:

Good Job DJ Exile, more Lagavulin funds coming your way @ 20 payments of $1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Finau is the only player in the afternoon to even shoot par and I don’t think we saw more than two of his shots. Meanwhile Holmes is just trying to break 90.