Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if you didn't waste your money on lootcrates you could afford enough food to become Jim Sterling-sized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I don't mind them as long as the game provides a decent amount of ingame currency to buy them with.

I've never spent real money on them and never will.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I see the EA and Corporate Defender has logged on, or just a low effort troll, or both.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I didn't mind them until Activision added them to CoD. And then I hated them because the best guns were locked behind them, loving up the balance spectacularly.

But as long as it's just cosmetics, whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sammus posted:

I didn't mind them until Activision added them to CoD. And then I hated them because the best guns were locked behind them, loving up the balance spectacularly.

Activision's strategy now too is to add them after all of the reviews have come out. Like, they are intentionally holding lootboxes back from the launch of the game, and will patch them in after things have settled down with the launch. They have started doing this for every game they publish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Activision's strategy now too is to add them after all of the reviews have come out. Like, they are intentionally holding lootboxes back from the launch of the game, and will patch them in after things have settled down with the launch. They have started doing this for every game they publish.

I know they did it in BLOPS4 and Crash, and I'm sure it's gonna happen in Modern Warfare. Activision's been poo poo about monetization lately, I remember when MWR was coming out and they said they would release the rest of it's multiplayer maps later for free. That turned into a $15 dlc. They've claimed Modern Warfare will have free maps, but we'll see.