Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

an actual dog posted:

I'm hype, but I don't think Uchikoshi is involved, he's like off in Too Kyo land. Really curious if it's gonna work.

the trailer directly states its 'by team zeroescape' which makes me feel like he's involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/pechvogeI/status/1410396081628893186?s=20

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

new ARG just dropped

https://twitter.com/Lemniscate_Aset/status/1522397331764654080?s=20&t=sNzrv3QNv7uUn8LVW7nK4A

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Paul Zuvella posted:

TFW you write a manifesto about a visual novel

i've seen way, way weirder theses about visual novel stuff compared to 'here's a chronological timeline of a story' :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/robotortoise/status/1543724122949136386?t=sJMuv6_19uFdwe29xsh39A&s=19

Hmm

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

FZeroRacer posted:

I think one of my current theories is that I think what's actually going on with his episodes is that his body has almost a meta-level immune system and is trying to reject the player. His episodes occur when we the player experience or do something that shouldn't happen. His somnium shows fear of green hands, which conveniently is the color for the player's cursor. And his reverse psyncing is his mind trying to contain the player. TC-PERGE in this case is a red herring. It's possible it might not even exist, since we only really see one individual that's been possibly affected by it and it doesn't make sense why he'd be infected.

or, alternatively, TC-PERGE makes you susceptible to influence from "frayers" if you don't already have some kind of affinity for it (like Mama), and the reason everyone's going crazy offscreen is bc they're being piloted by people who have fun causing chaos in open world games like GTA/Saints Row :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Junpei posted:

Isn't he collaborating with Kodaka for his next project? I know they're good friends but I don't know if Kodaka will reign in these tendencies or make them worse-Danganronpa certainly has crazy twists, but they're not Uchikoshi crazy twists.

There's only two games that we know of that are in development at Tookyo (though obviously there could be more unannounced titles), which are as follows:

Enigma Archives: RAIN CODE, which is what Kodaka is currently working on (no involvement from Uchikoshi that we know of), which we know nothing about past that the danganronpa artist did the character designs again.

Tribe Nine, which is apparently a multimedia franchise since there was an anime recently and the game itself is going to be a mobile game of some kind, and also has Kodaka working on it (but in collaboration with another studio, again, no Uchikoshi involvement mentioned); it's like. sci fi baseball gang wars, I guess. Probably gonna be a gacha lets be real

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/sigmacatdilemma/status/1545531490137767938?t=4bFgvUCBs61vBurkMdLYdw&s=19

if you know, you know :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Was Dahlia ever explained? Just a little confused why he used that instead of Uru

there's like six different meanings/takeways from dahlia boat, such as (massive spoilers):

- converting the word boat in to 2 15 1 20, or 2/15 12:00, when the missile was going to launch
- run the name through a rot12 cipher to get 'help me fsex' (fsex being considered a stand in for "mom")
- the fray to free youtube videos were uploaded by "db"
- db looks like a symbol that's been cut down the middle
- we know Uru played adventure/puzzle games like zero escape, so the word boat could be a 999 reference and dahlia could be an ace attorney reference
- we know uchikoshi likes anagrams, and if you rearrange the letters in dahlia boat you get ialdabaoth, the demiurge, a being in gnosticism who believes himself to be the one and only god (while not realizing there is a higher plane above him); functionally a false almighty
- as far as in universe meanings go, we can also assume that it was Uru's attempt at setting up his own iteration of the nil number like his mother did so he, too, could reach moksha, but his attempt failed while hers "succeeded" because the code word was never given to him, while ryuki eventually "remembers" the word it's never given to Uru and Uru is potentially already dead at that point

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

lordfrikk posted:

Sounds like a guy on the street trying to explain numerology or something to me

that is literally 2/3 of the characters in any game uchikoshi makes :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/DrCullenPHD/status/1555664584601640960?t=49yhmURK3s8eVnUz6LgkFg&s=19