Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

RubricMarine posted:

It's coming out at 10 AM PST, on both PC and PS, as most things that release on Steam do.

Oh nooo, that's not very good in my timezone

I got this game last June but couldn't run it on my crappy pc, and then when I upgraded the pc in december, the news about the final cut came out and I decided to wait these 3 months. Really looking forward to finally playing it

I'm going in completely blind, I only know that the gameplay is mostly conversations, which sounds awesome to me. Is there anything I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Is it possible to modify default builds?

Vagabong posted:

Be careful reading this thread, people have been loose with spoilers the last few weeks.

Lol, yeah, thought that might be the case

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Mr. Lobe posted:

embrace failure

will do

Can you save mid-conversation?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't know and I also don't think you should, if your concern is optimizing outcomes

I mean in case I need to step away from a computer and want to save just in case the game crushes or something

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Tylana posted:

Many conversations can be backed out of. Not all. I recall auto-saves being further apart than you might like, so if crashing is a worry then make some rotating saves. Time doesn't pass otherwise though.

It's not really a worry, I'm just a dumbass who always forgets to save, so I'm paranoid sometimes. I remember when playing Planescape: Torment I forgot to save after the conversation with Ravel which took me like an hour to get through and then I had to reload, either because the game crashed or I did something stupid, I don't remember. And I had to go through it aaaaall over again :cripes:

Since then I've been wondering if text heavy games like these shouldn't have the option to save mid-convo, like visual novels

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
That makes sense, but combat encounters are generally much shorter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Brosnan posted:

Hey folks, I was thinking I'd write a new OP and make a new thread for the Final Cut release, partly with the intention of letting new players come in for what they need without fear of the minefield of spoilers. Any objection?

I'm a new player, no objections