Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Godzilla07 posted:

I identify with the ability of Tom Herman teams to play exactly to the level of their opponent

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1185775409683558402

Alabama plays LSU in 2 weeks, and Tua did not look good the last time he played on a bad ankle

Alabama has a bye after Arkansas and plays LSU in 3 weeks.

Winkie01 posted:

Am I the only one that thinks this Tua injury is fake? they are scared of LSU.He sucks against good teams( it was jalen that saved bamas rear end in the SECCG last year and we all see how it went against clemsin) and saban wants a qb drafted 1 over all so bad for recruits.

My man’s got titty gifs on the brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Winkie01 posted:

Am I the only one that thinks this Tua injury is fake? they are scared of LSU.He sucks against good teams( it was jalen that saved bamas rear end in the SECCG last year and we all see how it went against clemsin) and saban wants a qb drafted 1 over all so bad for recruits.

just checking in to quote this and say

lol

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Well the final score sucks but I'm really happy with how UT played. If that keeps going they have a chance to steal 2-3 wins against SC, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy which would be a really awesome way to finish up this awful year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

Am I the only one that thinks

There has never been a situation where you haven't been the only one who thinks whatever the gently caress you think, winkie :lol:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

That was a pretty suckass football game. Didn't really feel like anyone won it, just that the refs and everyone watching lost it. Even as a south carolina fan used to terrible officiating, this was rough.

There were some pretty good muschamp rage moments on the sideline though, which is fun to see

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

James Franklin is so terrified of the transfer portal, he insists on playing all 4 running backs even though it's clear one of them is the best fit for the offense and moves tht ball consistently. His stubbornness nearly cost Penn State the game last night and might cause Penn State to lose a game they shouldn't. The offensive playcalling became atrocious after going up 21-0 and they still refused to run the ball in the second quarter. Penn State is going to lose to Ohio State, but 11-1 is still realistic. Michigan State is not very good, but Penn State needs better balance to beat them.

Also, Sean Clifford isn't really progressing as a quarterback. He doesn't go through his reads and is too quick to scramble for a yard or two than keep his eyes up and throw to a player that's usually open.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/1185906085393244161?s=20

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just think it's great we live in a world of a 3-4 FSU and a 6-1 Wake Forest

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Goddammit this is going to be even more annoying than usual

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Goddammit this is going to be even more annoying than usual

northwestern is really bad this year, iowa is going to absolutely loving murder them.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

we've been a third tier team for almost a decade now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern is really bad this year, iowa is going to absolutely loving murder them.

Would like to reiterate that we have scored three touchdowns this entire month

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Winkie01 posted:

Winkie I believe in you. O and Burrow have started the revolution and the SEC will never be the same again.

Until next year.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fire Cooley and hire joe Brady off LSU for as much as it takes and get the he’ll out of his way, Kirby.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Well the final score sucks but I'm really happy with how UT played. If that keeps going they have a chance to steal 2-3 wins against SC, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy which would be a really awesome way to finish up this awful year.

Nah, we are bad but we aren't that bad.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

He is somehow still recruiting well, although I have to think that several commits will get cold feet if this continues.

Taggart's first full class at FSU was worse than any of Jim McElwain's full classes at Florida.

vyst posted:

Since the start of 2018, FSU and Miami are a combined 18-21. The Gators are 17-4.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Winkie01 posted:

and people say this forum is dead

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
It's actually that they want to push the "great performance while dealing with an injury" narrative. Since the SEC is rigged Tua will come out to vanquish newly minted SEC darlings LSU (since Kirby pissed someone off in the offseason) in heroic fashion, likely while sporting a Curt Shilling bloody sock or some garbage like that. It's obviously to the SEC inner circle of power that "Alabama is good and wins" is sort of growing stale, so this is their new angle to spice things up.

Burrow will throw 4 picks, Bama's defence will be back, Tua's going to have a poster moment where he throws a touchdown with some obvious sign of injury, and everything will be nicely and suspiciously perfect.

Don't worry I only kind of believe this.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia pitched a shutout and still didn't beat the spread.

This offense is just an astonishing amount of booty for the talent it has. Look, HURR DURR WHY U NO KEEP FIELDS, I get it, but Fromm is a good quarterback. The offensive line is exactly what Kirby wanted – mammoth road-graders. DSwift is the best back in the SEC. 5-star WRs. And the Dawgs loving suck on offense. Like, Schottenheimer bad. And...somehow credit to Schotty! Dude had to deal with Chubb going down, a bad OL, a vortex of suck at QB, and Richt on maximum Shrug Mode. I mean, Schotty's a moron, and hated being in Athens, but that's what he had to deal with. James Coley was given a dream situation of talent and infrastructure and has turned it into an unwatchable, befuddling mess. The fans hate it. The players hate it! Visibly so! And yet...oh hey, another run up the middle for 2 yards on 2nd and long, cool. They never saw that one coming, ol' Coley. Putz.

I will say Georgia figured out that it could outside zone UK to death in the second half and did that to clock-eating effect, so yay I guess. I dunno man. I think we'd be better if Jake and Swift just drew up some stuff in the dirt.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Is Todd Orlando fired yet or what

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 20, 2019

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I hope Guarantano never has to take another snap. That dude sucks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

well you see carter stanley has a future in the NFL and ...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Since the start of 2018, FSU and Miami are a combined 18-21. The Gators are 17-4.

UNFffF

Oh god don’t stop I’m almost there.

Winkie01 posted:

Am I the only one that thinks

This belongs in the pantheon with the ‘I can’t be the only one that thinks the troops could put together a team and win the super bowl’ lol

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia pitched a shutout and still didn't beat the spread.

This offense is just an astonishing amount of booty for the talent it has. Look, HURR DURR WHY U NO KEEP FIELDS, I get it, but Fromm is a good quarterback. The offensive line is exactly what Kirby wanted – mammoth road-graders. DSwift is the best back in the SEC. 5-star WRs. And the Dawgs loving suck on offense. Like, Schottenheimer bad. And...somehow credit to Schotty! Dude had to deal with Chubb going down, a bad OL, a vortex of suck at QB, and Richt on maximum Shrug Mode. I mean, Schotty's a moron, and hated being in Athens, but that's what he had to deal with. James Coley was given a dream situation of talent and infrastructure and has turned it into an unwatchable, befuddling mess. The fans hate it. The players hate it! Visibly so! And yet...oh hey, another run up the middle for 2 yards on 2nd and long, cool. They never saw that one coming, ol' Coley. Putz.

I will say Georgia figured out that it could outside zone UK to death in the second half and did that to clock-eating effect, so yay I guess. I dunno man. I think we'd be better if Jake and Swift just drew up some stuff in the dirt.

Don’t forget we run the tempo so drat well but only do a plodding, slow offense that has no momentum whatsoever

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

vyst posted:

Taggart is on par with twilight Bowden.

Godzilla07 posted:

Taggart's first full class at FSU was worse than any of Jim McElwain's full classes at Florida.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LLCoolJD posted:

It's Miami; they can just build a new athletics department halfway across the Miami metro area wait for the ocean to do what it will do.
sea salt the land

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 20, 2019

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

nobody is gonna get fired this year because everyone can point to injuries as an excuse for problems

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

G-Hawk posted:

nobody is gonna get fired this year because everyone can point to injuries as an excuse for problems

And in many cases that would be a fair point but Kansas would love to recruit at the level of our third-stringers so

An OC on his first day on the job, who never coached anything above the NAIA level before, with Kansas’ roster, put up 48 points on Todd Orlando’s defense

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby never had a record this bad :smith:

we're a baseball school now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Would like to reiterate that we have scored three touchdowns this entire month

northwestern has scored 7 touchdowns ALL SEASON

they are currently averaging the worst amount of passing yards per play (4.1!) since 2003 ARMY

i don't think people understand how bad this offense is, they functionally do not have a quarterback and should just run the wildcat.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 20, 2019

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's crazy how bad Northwestern is on offense, because they've been pretty competent with a good dual threat QB and a usually good RB since Fitzgerald has been there. You could always count on NW to at least be competitive in most games they played.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Komet posted:

It's crazy how bad Northwestern is on offense, because they've been pretty competent with a good dual threat QB and a usually good RB since Fitzgerald has been there. You could always count on NW to at least be competitive in most games they played.

look up northwestern's offensive stats from the mick mccall era, they've been really bad. they are just really good at hanging in close games and making the big play at the right time and having Justin Jackson. McCall is atrocious, he would have been fired at any other P5 program and it is insane that our mediocre quarterbacks keep going to the NFL because they are slow and tall.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm not upset, this is funny to me, i'm laughing

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Barry Odom and Derek Dooley will make more money than any of us will ever see in our lifetimes doing poo poo like losing to a 1-5 Vanderbilt that got whacked by UNLV.

I can't believe I did some dumb poo poo like pursue a real career instead of yelling at teens for playing the ballgame wrong (and not even being good at that).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm surprised that more teams aren't using the "drill the closest receiving team guy" with the ball method.

I do love that the only reason he's there is because someone figured out that when Team B has 5 guys in a stack on both sides and one guy way back just in case it means the middle is wide open and then the kicker would just chip shot the ball 12 yards downfield and recover.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 20, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

CannonFodder posted:

I'm surprised that more teams aren't using the "drill the closest receiving team guy" with the ball method.

I do love that the only reason he's there is because someone figured out that when Team B has 5 guys in a stack on both sides it means the middle is wide open and then the kicker would just chip shot the ball 12 yards downfield and recover.

Drilling the closest receiver is probably way harder than it sounds. If you miss him the ball is either rocketing out of bounds or far enough down field that you’ll never be able to recover it.

If some kicker can develop a kick the goes like straight up, then you have a chance to get people underneath it.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Justin Jackson isn't the only good RB NW has had the last 15 years though. Tyrell Sutton was great before he got injured and Venric Mark was really good also.

Hopefully they can get the offense back on track next year, cause this season is lost.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Bird in a Blender posted:

If some kicker can develop a kick the goes like straight up, then you have a chance to get people underneath it.

The receiving team could just call for a fair catch.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Did Tennessee start to suck around the same time that Peyton Manning commercials began appearing on television?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

dirty shrimp money posted:

Cue up this after every OU loss for the next 1000 years

That girl got whipped straight into the ground headfirst. Someone should seriously check her for brain damage :ohdear:....

Also I'm surprised no one ever used that gif of our mascot shooting himself in the balls with the t-shirt cannon whenever CU lost.... But maybe we are just too unimportant for anyone to care :sigh: