Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
If Jamie were an SA poster, she'd get banned for endless hornyposting about Joey Chestnut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Looking forward to this

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1760514040361865430?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Absolute shithead dad, I know that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bt what about ashton kutchner, movies are real life

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I believe Kutcher actually is on his way to getting an episode himself.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
IIRC Jobs majorly lucked out by knowing Steve Wozniak, who by all accounts is an actual genius, albeit of the "nerd who likes to invent things at home" variety.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah I think the entire cast of that 70’s show openly supported Hyde’s actor when he was sent to jail for rape

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bobjr posted:

Yeah I think the entire cast of that 70’s show openly supported Hyde’s actor when he was sent to jail for rape

Not Topher, he is an angel. Also Kitty didn't say anything, so also an angel.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

swickles posted:

Not Topher, he is an angel. Also Kitty didn't say anything, so also an angel.

Your phrasing here made me nervous so I had to go check but Debra Jo Rupp is still alive. But in the process I found that she did indeed write the judge requesting leniency for Masterson, so that's worse.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Your phrasing here made me nervous so I had to go check but Debra Jo Rupp is still alive. But in the process I found that she did indeed write the judge requesting leniency for Masterson, so that's worse.

Oh really? I read somewhere that she and Topher were the only two main cast not to do so, but guess it was mistaken.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

swickles posted:

Oh really? I read somewhere that she and Topher were the only two main cast not to do so, but guess it was mistaken.

I believe Laura Prepon didn't.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

That lead guy is probably a loving serial killer given his cast mates.

Prove me wrong, guy I liked on a sitcom. Not like your TV friends

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1760538272810361324

the iheart ads are unbearable but they keep Robert and his buds employed and boost cool podcasts

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1760538272810361324

the iheart ads are unbearable but they keep Robert and his buds employed and boost cool podcasts

A+ podcast name and album art. One of the few, few times I heard an ad for a podcast on another podcast and was convinced to actually check it out for a change.

Also I still have a bit of Part 4 left to get through but I've really enjoyed the Robert E. Lee episodes. I had no idea how Pence-ish he was! Still lolling at the fact that he screamed "TOO BAD! TOO BAD! TOO BAD!" like loving Wario after losing his last battle

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I believe Laura Prepon didn't.

I think she’s ex-Scientology now so that tracks, the church is not huge fans of people who leave

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah Better Offline is good stuff, listened to both episodes at work today, definitely going to be part of my rotation.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zugzwang posted:

IIRC Jobs majorly lucked out by knowing Steve Wozniak, who by all accounts is an actual genius, albeit of the "nerd who likes to invent things at home" variety.

also the best living billionaire because he gave his money back to the workers until he stopped being one

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I do like Better Offline except I wish the theme was sung to Better Off Alone

Do you think you’re better offliiiineee?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

I do like Better Offline except I wish the theme was sung to Better Off Alone

Do you think you’re better offliiiineee?

Gotta be the closing theme, otherwise the answer is “yes” and logging off

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What's everyone's go-to podcast app? I had planned on using Google podcasts until it's discontinued but Better Offline isn't available on it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Spotify’s been the one that I’ve had the least issues with for podcasts.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dango Bango posted:

What's everyone's go-to podcast app? I had planned on using Google podcasts until it's discontinued but Better Offline isn't available on it.

I have been a Pocket Casts user for a decade or something, never had a problem with it. Mobile apps are a one-time charge, web/desktop (which I don't use) requires a sub.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Overcast on iOS is treating me good so far. Favorite feature is being able to set one podcast (morning news roundup) to play before all others in the playlist. Also if you’re worried about cell data or not having poo poo downloaded before you go offline, there be options.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I use the paid version of podcast addict, I'm happy with it

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I've been using Castbox.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Regalingualius posted:

Spotify’s been the one that I’ve had the least issues with for podcasts.

Same. For whatever reason it’s the only one that plays nice with the buttons for forward/back in my car.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I use PocketCast. I paid for it years ago and that gives me some sort of benefit when they changed their payment tiers. I know I can use the web version with no restrictions?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Apple Podcasts is working just fine for me, though it has taken a while for it to stop being the terrible mess that it was for several years after it was broken out from iTunes. It also has the advantage of being able to load stuff onto my watch so that when I go out jogging I can just play the audio to my headphones from the watch and not have to carry my phone with me.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Annath posted:

I use PocketCast. I paid for it years ago and that gives me some sort of benefit when they changed their payment tiers. I know I can use the web version with no restrictions?

If you purchased Pocket Casts Plus when they changed from a one-time purchase to a subscription in late 2019, they gave lifetime plans to those who bought it before the switch.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If you purchased Pocket Casts Plus when they changed from a one-time purchase to a subscription in late 2019, they gave lifetime plans to those who bought it before the switch.

That's what it was then. I paid for it years ago.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I use podcast addict but it has a lot of fiddly options so if you want something that just works I would stay clear.

When you've set everything up just right though, :getin:

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Better Offline was fun but Zitron is not super good at working with a guest; he seems like he mostly wants to monologue and lecture.

That's fine! Just do that, you don't need another person.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
+1 for podcast addict

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I'm partial to Podcast Republic because it's got lots of fiddly settings, but also lets me add youtube channels/playlists as podcasts.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Do any/all of the podcasts apps work with Google car play? That's my main time listening is on the commute to/from work.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Do any/all of the podcasts apps work with Google car play? That's my main time listening is on the commute to/from work.

Podcast Addict definitely does.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does podcast addict let me filter out ICHH? I really wish they would stop putting that in the main feed.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, there is keyword filtering. I haven't tried it before though so I don't know how well it works

https://podcastaddict.com/faq/370#:~:text=If%20you%20want%20to%20filter,to%20see%20in%20your%20feeds.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Christ almighty that got dark. Some of the roughest stuff I've ever heard on the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does podcast addict let me filter out ICHH? I really wish they would stop putting that in the main feed.

I did this exact thing and it seems to be working just fine, haven't seen it pop up after I put the filter in a few weeks ago.

Man, the last episode was already quite rough and it's only episode 1 :wtc: