Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

He’d probably have to make a new account so we can’t read all his embarrassing tcc posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

An insane mind posted:

The only guest I really don't like for some reason is Jamie Loftus, which is weird because I like her writing...

I’m not sure which of the two she is but she was part of my least favorite guest combo from the Zuckerberg episodes, Jamie Loftus and Maggie May Fish.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There was some other word he pronounced weird that made me snicker but then I figured I probably make a bunch of mistakes like that but don’t have an audience ready to point it out. Now I’m afraid to say anything :ohdear:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hiya Robert, I’ve been enjoying worst year ever a lot. Thanks.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yeah I’d love to hear a 40k episode. I never played it but the premise always seemed cool and I love sweet painted miniatures. Id also like to hear about all the baby fascists who get inspired by the bad guys, whatever they’re called. There was a great thread about fascists in traditional gaming but I think it may have closed. I’ll edit in a link if I can find it. E: here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887733&perpage=40

Also Warhammer was the inspiration for one of my favorite bands, the consistently anti fascist metal thread darlings Bolt Thrower:

They even teamed up with games workshop for their early artwork

Snowy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 2, 2020

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Neo_Crimson posted:

I too like WH40K, but I'm absolutely shocked that a metal band based on it are anti-fascists.

they even like fighting nazi skinheads

http://vics-dungeon.blogspot.com/2016/01/bolt-thrower-vs-neonazi-scum-as.html

e- they came out of the English punk scene which probably accounts for their politics

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Droyer posted:

beyondthebastords.com.

Had to check just in case :v:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ben Garrison might make for a good episode. Or Jack Chick.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i have absolutely no idea why i never realized this subforum is where podcast discussion happens

It’s not exactly obvious from the name

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

B33rChiller posted:

Hey Gunfondler,
I listened to the latest ep last night, and when BWD said "I could do this podcast for 18 hours.", I thought "yes please, this is entertaining as poo poo! You ain't touring, so why not?"

He’s great, I’m always happy to see that he’s a guest.

Also I’m sure this isn’t quite the right thread but it might be as good as any for this: I have a 13 year old nephew in Sweden who is getting into D&D and Warhammer. He’s autistic and has almost no friends at school, they’re all outdoorsy sporty types who don’t want to hear about bugbears or Godzilla.

Lately I’ve been kind of concerned about his interests and humor, to me it sounds like he’s getting reddit poisoned and I fear that he’s a prime target for getting redpilled or whatever. When he was here in the US and played D&D with a local group a couple kids got mad, saying he was being a racist. He said he was trying to role play the biases that the D&D races have for each other, but I don’t want him focusing on racial stereotypes for entertainment.

I’m trying to guide him as best I can but we only text and FaceTime a few times a week. His family doesn’t seem to take it very seriously but there’s a certain amount of casual racism that is acceptable in Sweden in my experience.

Are there any resources for helping gamer kids like that to not fall into being hateful redditor neckbeards before it’s too late?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

teen witch posted:

If he’s in Sörmland on the off chance lmk, there is literally a wargaming store in my building and I am a woman of color, I can vouch for them, or if there’s anything else I can do, shoot me a DM.

Sadly no, he’s off in the mountains near the arctic circle. There’s hardly any chance of finding cool gamers in his tiny town. I really appreciate your offer and I’ll let you know if I think of anything, thank you very much!

quote:

If not by me, show him poo poo like critical role even though I cannot stand it, they’re dece with representation. Show him that nerds of color exist, and that you can let your freak flag fly without being lovely to others.

He’s already thinking critical role is bad because it’s “making everyone think they need to DM like Joe Manganiello”. Which is insane, this kid reads so much about D&D but he’s played like 3 times. He’d be lucky as gently caress to find someone trying to DM like that.

quote:

And this one’ll sting, but if he does something in front of you that’s over the line, call him out firmly, clearly, but in love. Same for his parents as well, as Swedes Mr. Bean their way through race relations 101. I’ve been here for four years and it’d be heart crushingly tragic if it wasn’t so goddamn comedic at times.

Yeah I’m trying to be as direct as I can without driving him off. He’s really a sweet funny lonely kid and I’d love to help if I can because I didn’t have anyone I felt I could talk to when I was in a similar position.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

GunFondler42069 posted:

Teen Witch's advice would be the best I can give, really. I dunno, this might be a longer shot, but maybe try to get him hooked on some fiction that does a really good job of representation without beating the reader over the head with it? The Expanse is real good for that.

That’s a great idea. I’ll look into the Expanse and try to find more fiction like that.

Samovar posted:

So... not near Umea, either?

No, he’s about four hours northwest from there so everyone wonders why he doesn’t want to hunt and play hockey all the time. He might start living with my sister, his stepmom, in Luleå which would help a lot. They at least have some friendly gamers around.

Thanks guys and sorry for the derail, I’ve just heard so much about fascists in gaming, especially Warhammer, and would love to help prevent another case of nerdy fascism.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I started thinking of alternate titles and “Behind the /b/tards” popped in my head. I immediately hated myself.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d like an episode with some rapid fire micro bastards, the ones that truly suck but might not have enough material for a full episode.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Turns out the bastards were the friends we made along the way :love:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

someone is listening to robert

If that thing comes for me and my eight swordsbros it’s going to be poo poo out of luck

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So are there people out there who just by luck ended up standing between the blades while a hole gets punched into the ground next to them?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

teen witch posted:

The episode is absolutely worth a depressing as all get out listen to! The bit about the nutritional studies reminds me of the history behind Lördagsgodis/Saturday Candy in Sweden.

So in short, Swedish teeth were getting totally hosed up, and the (then) National Swedish Board of Health conducted a study to see if eating sweets and carbs and cavities were related. Spoiler alert! They absolutely are.

I skimmed the first part then got excited that there was a BtB about Swedish candy

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think all the racist Swedish candy has been discontinued, you might be safe

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Look at all these weirdos who listen to ads

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DC Murderverse posted:

The one person clearly there to advertise a podcast that I liked enough to actually listen to their podcast was Langston Kerman, he’s funny and the episode hits the exact midpoint of Bastards and what his podcast covers (conspiracies, especially in the black community) talking about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Ooh this looks good, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I listened to maybe one full episode of knowledge fight, and while the hosts were fine, I realized I really don’t want to hear that much about Alex Jones