Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Doctor Butts posted:

Backup goalie!

He is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kampf you dummy

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Typically it's Nashville giving up at this point, not the refs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Insane goalie play from both sides tonight

it's bonkers

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Both goalies have been great tonight

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The only way for this game to end is in a shootout that goes 25 rounds

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Fffffff high stick apparently :negative:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Dang

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I don't know how you ever determine this.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Yeah that's easily above the crossbar on the first replay

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I'd say both teams deserved a point tonight

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That ref was very enthusiastic about it being a no goal, like...immediately. That was fun.

Welp, let's get that 2nd point, Dallas. Not sure if you've been playing a 2 point game, but gently caress it try and take it anyway

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kane :negative:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So many men.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
WELP OT HAS ME BARFING ON MYSEKLF

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

TOO MUCH MAN

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks just overflowing with men tonight

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

lmao no penalty called

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

if there's one thing that will crater the Stars in the playoffs it's this awful power play of theirs. You just know there will be a series where the Stars end up going 0 for 15 on the PP across the 5 or 6 games and bomb out.

**uggh Stars shootout. Congrats on the extra point Chicago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

if there's one thing that will crater the Stars in the playoffs it's this awful power play of theirs. You just know there will be a series where the Stars end up going 0 for 15 on the PP across the 5 or 6 games and bomb out.

That was the Predators last season, so yeah it tracks

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Starsfan posted:

Lehner is pretty bad at shootouts

Also if it is of any consolation the Hawks power play was in the bottom 10 of the league in most of their cup-winning seasons. They had elite even strength and PK play to offset that, though. I think the Stars are doing well in those departments this year?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Starsfan posted:

:thunk:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars are invincible. The cup is ours.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God drat Dobby, you did drat good

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Fun game! Shame about the shootout I guess but I can't really find much fault with how the Hawks played

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Ummagumma posted:

Lehner is pretty bad at shootouts

Also if it is of any consolation the Hawks power play was in the bottom 10 of the league in most of their cup-winning seasons. They had elite even strength and PK play to offset that, though. I think the Stars are doing well in those departments this year?

yes. Stars are #2 in the league for xGF% at ES, and they were #1 in xGA/60 on the PK for a good long while.. I think now they are 3rd or 4th.

Actually the PP ranks as elite by xGF/60 too. 2nd in the league last time I looked. They can just never score a goal.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Starsfan posted:

yes. Stars are #2 in the league for xGF% at ES, and they were #1 in xGA/60 on the PK for a good long while.. I think now they are 3rd or 4th.

Actually the PP ranks as elite by xGF/60 too. 2nd in the league last time I looked. They can just never score a goal.

Dang I'd imagine the Stars power play will be due for a course correction soon enough if they're generating those types of looks. Plus, you have really good goaltending as well. I know a lot of dumb random stuff can still happen in hockey but I think the Stars are as well-positioned as anyone in this conference to make a run

The Hawks fancy stats are uh...best not to look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Ummagumma posted:

Dang I'd imagine the Stars power play will be due for a course correction soon enough if they're generating those types of looks. Plus, you have really good goaltending as well. I know a lot of dumb random stuff can still happen in hockey but I think the Stars are as well-positioned as anyone in this conference to make a run

The Hawks fancy stats are uh...best not to look

lol

well apparently the special teams play has been going downhill lately cause I looked to confirm and the Stars are 4th and 7th on PP / PK stats I quoted respectively.. and apparently Carolina snuck by us to #2 and we're #3 in xGF% now :(

Chicago's system always gives the Stars nightmares, I'm sure that the good feelings won't last through three days from now when we play you guys again in Chicago.. I think the Hawks have some really strong potential to push for a playoff spot if they can get some of their issues figured out.