Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Clean your room.

- Russell Wilson QB Academy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Be like a lobster.

- Russell Wilson QB Academy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As a Steelers fan, I can tell you the Steelers will beat Buffalo and people will start talking about them being a sleeper team and then they will lose to the Jets by like 13 points.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Steelers are a master class in winning ugly. No one would or should ever want to watch their games but having a truly elite defense can take you really far, apparently. 3 of the last 4 games their opponent hasn't broken 13 points, in that kind of situation you're bound to win a few even with the ugliest, most inconsistent offense in the country

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Play posted:

The Steelers are a master class in winning ugly. No one would or should ever want to watch their games but having a truly elite defense can take you really far, apparently. 3 of the last 4 games their opponent hasn't broken 13 points, in that kind of situation you're bound to win a few even with the ugliest, most inconsistent offense in the country

I’m actually interested in seeing what happens if Juju and Conner come back this week.

Hodges had some understandable jitters and made a few bad decisions early on but his biggest mistake was from Johnson running the wrong route (ball would’ve been on target). Once Fichtner opened the playbook, Hodges was throwing some beautiful deep balls and had a pretty good command of the offense.

He’s far from a finished product but he showed more in one half with his arm on Sunday than Landry Jones, Josh Dobbs or Mason Rudolph ever did.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just saw the Steelers are getting Pouncey back as well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m actually interested in seeing what happens if Juju and Conner come back this week.

Hodges had some understandable jitters and made a few bad decisions early on but his biggest mistake was from Johnson running the wrong route (ball would’ve been on target). Once Fichtner opened the playbook, Hodges was throwing some beautiful deep balls and had a pretty good command of the offense.

He’s far from a finished product but he showed more in one half with his arm on Sunday than Landry Jones, Josh Dobbs or Mason Rudolph ever did.

I agree, Hodges looks a lot better than Rudolph but just about anyone outside of Nathan Peterman would. If freaking Gardner Minshew was on this team they'd probably have like 9 or 10 wins

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

NO WAY

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1201637109133524992

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
LOL who's next? Or better question, what kicker could possibly succeed in that environment?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Yeah, he's hosed.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1201633850151112704?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell yes, give me more lovely kickers, it owns.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I woke up from a nap & did the Patriots turn into the Chargers?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

He's on IR though, so it isn't like he was intending to affect the outcome. He just correctly perceived, as most of us have, that the Cardinals are poo poo

Betting is banned for players in all its forms though, so who he bet for or against is kind of immaterial

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

On the other hand you beat the Cleveland Browns who are just pre-destined to lose the Steelers in Pittsburgh. The Browns could have Bane and a nuclear bomb on their team and I would still take the Steelers.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Hell yes, give me more lovely kickers, it owns.

I mean, we currently have none on the roster so I really hope Bill just goes no kicker for a few games for shits

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I mean, we currently have none on the roster so I really hope Bill just goes no kicker for a few games for shits

have everyone on the roster draw straws to see who gets to doink the ball

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Really excited to watch Prime Time Kirk Cousins tonight.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

King Kai he is not.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
*wes Anderson movie* perfectly balanced shot of a New England patriots kicker being fired

Nov 6, 2002

Kai's Kai.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kr24G8jQpM

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Today I learned that a Derrick Henry rushed for 4,261 yards and 55 TDs in high school

in his senior season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He averaged over 250 rushing yards per game over his 4 year career. He didn’t have 1 receiving TD.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

How much did Kai make for one game?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

colachute posted:

Today I learned that a Derrick Henry rushed for 4,261 yards and 55 TDs in high school

in his senior season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e2yfWsFk3c

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Henry has been the best back in the league this year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Henry has been the best back in the league this year.

Contract year bullshit.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Watch them bring Folk right back.

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Watch them bring Folk right back.

I thought that was the plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Week 14

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905490