Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Nodoze posted:

If Brady bothered to actually work with the receivers instead of cry about them being rookies and it's not his job while pouring one out for Antonio Brown then maybe he wouldn't look like poo poo

Tbf, Brady's downfield passing (15 yards or more in the air) is like 50-50 on whether the ball will even be accurate enough to be catchable right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

should have been suspicious of Brady when they spent all offseason releasing videos about how good of shape he's in.

those videos are basically a guarantee they're actually decomposing or about to get popped for roids. looking at your roger clemens.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

should have been suspicious of Brady when they spent all offseason releasing videos about how good of shape he's in.

those videos are basically a guarantee they're actually decomposing or about to get popped for roids. looking at your roger clemens.

Clemens was *really* mainlining whatever PED has the side effect of making your face look fatter toward the end there lol.

And Brady's arm has been in a gradual decline since like 2015 or something, but nobody noticed because he was smart enough to gradually compensate, and still had nice overall offensive rosters until this year.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Tbf, Brady's downfield passing (15 yards or more in the air) is like 50-50 on whether the ball will even be accurate enough to be catchable right now

His arm looks loving horrible at this point in the season. Even when his guys are getting open, he's tossing the thing 10 feet over their head or spiking it into the turf. I saw some legit rear end Andey Dalton-ing out there yesterday

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Andy dalton just wins game

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Red Ryder™

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Brady needs more starting quarterbacks to get injured to sustain whatever dark pact he made.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

9-1-1 Lone Star starring Rob Lowe

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013
Brady is declining physically and mentally. His decision making this year has been extremely suspect, esp in the Red Zone, where you only have to defend Edelman and White and you hold them to 3.

gently caress McD and getting away from the run

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/1201512781679214592

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Is 10-2 Patriots toast

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Patriots will have to have a convincing showing against the Chiefs for me to consider them serious contenders.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MJeff posted:

I was checking the score of Texans/Pats off-and-on and man, what happened in that 4th quarter?

I just watched the condensed game (man condensed games are great) - the 4th was pretty much garbage time, so the final score didn't mean much. The Texans played super super soft in the last few minutes which is always risky against the Pats, but they still needed to convert two onside kicks. The last TD drive by the Pats was kind of a "let them go and score and eat up the clock" thing, which worked pretty well but if they converted those onside kicks it would have looked pretty loving Atlanta Falcons stupid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

Is 10-2 Patriots toast

The Patriots have had history's easiest schedule this season and managed to lose to the Texans in primetime which should be physically impossible

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That tricky lateral play to Watson was beautiful.
https://mobile.twitter.com/nfl/status/1201349774944768000

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Finger Prince posted:

Even knowing how it ends I have trouble following the action.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

It was awesome, but man, maybe save the play that gets Hopkins and Watson both taking huge hits for the playoffs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Even knowing how it ends I have trouble following the action.

I feel like it's the fastest developing trick play ive seen , it took me a second to figure out how Watson got out to the sideline ahead of Hopkins

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

This is pass interference lol, he just runs into the receiver only looking back at the ball at the last second

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That is absolutely DPI.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

The Patriots will have to have a convincing showing against the Chiefs for me to consider them serious contenders.

The patriots are not contenders at all this season. the offense is terrible and brady only trusts edelman, and everyone knows it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

ketchup vs catsup posted:

The patriots are not contenders at all this season. the offense is terrible and brady only trusts edelman, and everyone knows it.

Thing is, he's right. The noobs keep botching routes and Sanu rushed back and was too gimpy to matter.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ketchup vs catsup posted:

If their defense can come back and shut down KC then yes they are contenders, even if their offense is a liability. Even though the defense wasn't great against Houston that happens, I think everyone knows the Patriots aren't really a historically good defense but they are still a pretty drat good unit capable of winning football games for them. And the texans are a good offense and were playing at home.

But if they're not good enough to beat KC then no they are not contenders.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Patriots have three of their last four at home, I’ll believe they’re toast when Lamar Jackson runs a wooden stake through Brady in the playoffs

E: They lost to Pittsburgh and Miami this time last year and they were written off, if the Ravens slip up down the stretch and lose the #1 seed I have zero faith in anyone going to Foxboro

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 2, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

It's kind of weird because we were saying how important the #1 seed is in the AFC. But honestly, KC could very easily end up being the #4! If either the Titans or Texans win out(way more likely for the Texans) they will get that #3 spot via tiebreaker if the Chiefs also win out, and the Chiefs will have the #4. So the #1 seed could be very likely to play KC in the divisional round. That is assuming there's no upsets in that first round obviously, which there very well could be.

I think Pittsburgh has a pretty strong defense and could upset a team in the WC round if Hodges can play decently at the QB position. I'd kind of love to see the Steelers actually have to come to Baltimore in the playoffs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Texans will not win out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

The Texans will not win out

Why won't they. I'm not saying they will, but there's no way I look at those games and say "Yeah they'll almost certainly lose that" like I see when I look at the Titans playing the Saints. And as long as they're tied with the Chiefs they get that tiebreaker due to the victory over them. So if the Patriots do beat the Chiefs they can lose a game.

Nov 6, 2002

Sure as poo poo not with their head coach. He almost cost them that game last night by going ultraconservative at the worst moment.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Sure as poo poo not with their head coach. He almost cost them that game last night by going ultraconservative at the worst moment.

No they almost(edit lol) lost because their defense f'ed up badly late in the game. Gave up a 3rd and 17, 1st and 30 immediately, and then on the last Patriots drive they let them drive down the field taking almost no time.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Why won't they.

Because they are in the direct path of the titans getting to 9-7

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Because they are in the direct path of the titans getting to 9-7

DeShaun Watson can win any game.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/thEMANacho/status/1201248859118350344

Running into the man who owes you an ACL but it's been 7 years and he still hasn't paid you back.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RoobNBCS/status/1201519816319877120?s=19

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My Hot Take is the Patriots record doesn't really matter down the stretch, barring some extreme "miss the playoffs at 10-6/11-5" thing I don't foresee happening.

Their problem is the same as the one they had in 2018 - sorting the offense down the stretch into something workable instead of "what the poo poo are we even doing here?" If Sanu gets healthy (he clearly wasn't against the Texans) and the rookies can learn the playbook well enough to actually be assets instead of liabilities, and Dorsett chips in the odd big play here and there the complexion of the offense can do a complete 180 to, eh let's call it "consistently watchable." The situation in 2019 is worse than 2018, but if you squint you can see things breaking about the same way by leaning on the defense more.

If not, it doesn't matter if they fall backwards into the #1 seed because they'll be screwed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

DeShaun Watson can win any game.

Destiny is unchangeable

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

My Hot Take is the Patriots record doesn't really matter down the stretch, barring some extreme "miss the playoffs at 10-6/11-5" thing I don't foresee happening.

Their problem is the same as the one they had in 2018 - sorting the offense down the stretch into something workable instead of "what the poo poo are we even doing here?" If Sanu gets healthy (he clearly wasn't against the Texans) and the rookies can learn the playbook well enough to actually be assets instead of liabilities, and Dorsett chips in the odd big play here and there the complexion of the offense can do a complete 180 to, eh let's call it "consistently watchable." The situation in 2019 is worse than 2018, but if you squint you can see things breaking about the same way by leaning on the defense more.

If not, it doesn't matter if they fall backwards into the #1 seed because they'll be screwed.

This is different, they had a lot more to work with in 2018 than they do now. It's December and I have no idea wtf the identity of this team's offense is supposed to be. The problems they had in 2018 had more to do with injuries to players.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

what's surprising is that they're in this thing at all. This is a team that was forced to bench their backup QB midseason. drat Pittsburgh and their organizational stability and coaching competence.

I pray every day that they listen to the yinzer racists and fire Tomlin.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Blank McBlankerson posted:

Brady is declining physically and mentally. His decision making this year has been extremely suspect, esp in the Red Zone, where you only have to defend Edelman and White and you hold them to 3.

gently caress McD and getting away from the run

they can't run the ball well because the OL is not good and also they wasted a first round pick on a running back who can't hit a hole unless he has a tight end and a fullback in front of him making it 3x as wide, and he can't catch because he has eagles receivers hands. Michel is so bad, I don't know what they saw in him

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Nodoze posted:

they can't run the ball well because the OL is not good and also they wasted a first round pick on a running back who can't hit a hole unless he has a tight end and a fullback in front of him making it 3x as wide, and he can't catch because he has eagles receivers hands. Michel is so bad, I don't know what they saw in him

I still cannot fathom how the patriots took michel with the 31st pick when nick chubb didn't go till the 35th.

(and that's not even getting into lamar dropping to 32nd)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I really hope the Titans slip past Pittsburgh into the wildcard. With the way they are playing right now it would create a full AFC playoff bracket with legit superbowl hopes. Please just make the Patriots one and done. Im so tired of teams getting job by home cooking in New England.