Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Barudak posted:

Hearing rumors the Bengals managed to beat a team which Im treating as untrue until further notice

Its true and the afc east thread needs to be renamed. Ground the jets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Intruder posted:

My favorite thing about this whole argument is I had a Ravens fan accuse me of being bitter for putting Russ above Lamar just a few hours ago. So it goes

I'd say it's close but I give Jackson the clear edge because of his absolutely insane ability to put up a RBs rushing totals and also be at the top of the league in passing TDs. You just don't ever see that. Its almost like he's two players in one.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well we can all agree on this:

the Patriots are not as a good as the Ravens, Chiefs, and Texans and could very well lose in the divisional round

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
on a sad note the bengals beat the curse of a black cat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kawalimus posted:

I'd say it's close but I give Jackson the clear edge because of his absolutely insane ability to put up a RBs rushing totals and also be at the top of the league in passing TDs. You just don't ever see that. Its almost like he's two players in one.

Russ is a much better passer and if you're down late he'll win you games

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Also the niners defense is waaaaay better than the pats

russ is 31 so ill let you win that argument .

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

Russ is a much better passer and if you're down late he'll win you games

He is a better passer but Jackson isn't bad either. I wouldn't use the 49ers game as good evidence since it was raining and they are so so good at what they do and played so well.

This is a weird comparison but the way Jackson moves the ball passing reminds me of Tom Brady back in like 03 and 04. That was before the days of Gronkowski, Moss, Welker, or any of those guys. And back before Brady was that great of a passer. But was just so efficient at what he did even with guys like "David Givens" and "Deion Branch" as his best receivers. So against other teams we're seeing stuff like this from Jackson. Very efficient at moving the chains and getting what he can out of his supporting cast. But also having that amazing weaponry in his legs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Russ to me is this season's best QB and Lamar is the second best by a hair

:shrug:

If that bothers you, well it's just one man's opinion so get over it

And I have a lot of respect for Brown and Edwards and Melvin

e: I mean hell I just got poo poo on for calling the Ravens the NFL's best team

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 2, 2019

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Intruder posted:

I agree but I am a super Hawks homer so ymmv

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Intruder posted:

e: I mean hell I just got poo poo on for calling the Ravens the NFL's best team

That’s unfair. I criticized you for saying they were by far the best (“it’s not even close”) and that the 49ers were “nowhere near as good.” You then walked that back to the position that they were the best which everyone including me agrees with or at least thinks is a very likely possibility.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 2, 2019

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mahomes actually has a pretty strong case for being The Best but hey they're all great

So this is what it's like to root for the #1 seed. the big wildcard battles seems so uninteresting to me right now. who cares about such trivial matters

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Also the 49ers look better overall than the Seahawks, but we have Russ and he just wins games sometimes that we should have lost.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Chiefs-Pats will be good...for all the wrong reasons.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MoaM posted:

Chiefs-Pats will be good...for all the wrong reasons.

Seeing the Pats defense continually exposed seems a good reason to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Mahomes actually has a pretty strong case for being The Best but hey they're all great

So this is what it's like to root for the #1 seed. the big wildcard battles seems so uninteresting to me right now. who cares about such trivial matters

It's really really weird seeing the Ravens as the clear division frontrunner and the Steelers battling for a wildcard. I feel like that never happens. It's usually right down to the wire or they're clearly ahead and we're trying to gain ground.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

That’s unfair. I criticized you for saying they were by far the best (“it’s not even close”) and that the 49ers were “nowhere near as good.” You then walked that back to the position that they were the best which everyone including me agrees with or at least thinks is a very likely possibility.

I did not and am not walking back that position. I think the Ravens are a level above the Niners, which is what I meant when I said "tier"

I think the Ravens are the best team in the NFL and I don't think there's an argument that they're not. A close game in the worst of conditions didn't change my mind

e: this is not me saying the Niners are bad, I just think the Ravens are extremely good

e2: But I'd also take Russ over Lamar :colbert:

(and I'd take both over Deshaun)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 2, 2019

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

It's really really weird seeing the Ravens as the clear division frontrunner and the Steelers battling for a wildcard. I feel like that never happens. It's usually right down to the wire or they're clearly ahead and we're trying to gain ground.

what's surprising is that they're in this thing at all. This is a team that was forced to bench their backup QB midseason. drat Pittsburgh and their organizational stability and coaching competence.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

what's surprising is that they're in this thing at all. This is a team that was forced to bench their backup QB midseason. drat Pittsburgh and their organizational stability and coaching competence.

The trade for Fitzpatrick worked out very very well for them.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I actually agree with early-season-Kawalimus-posts in that the Raven's D isn't great.
They really needed that early turnover from Jimmy G....

But honestly, with the entirety of this game TODAY....Any sort of Armchair Analysis of the Ravens is straight BS.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

The trade for Fitzpatrick worked out very very well for them.

Finally acquiring a Fitzpatrick worked out for someone

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Intruder posted:

I did not and am not walking back that position. I think the Ravens are a level above the Niners, which is what I meant when I said "tier"

I think the Ravens are the best team in the NFL and I don't think there's an argument that they're not. A close game in the worst of conditions didn't change my mind

No one said they weren’t. But your evidence for them being a tier above is weak. It was a close game and since you have chosen to exclude that because it in itself is evidence that contradicts your position, the Ravens and 49ers have had comparably good seasons. Sorry that your opinion got called out but what else is the point of these forums.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 2, 2019

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sure ok

hopefully we never find out because my favorite team defies the odds

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Well Ravens a top 10 week 13 Dvoa all time so shutup kawal

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1201371541273022465

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 2, 2019

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1201243611100274689?s=20

:unsmith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1201313333955170304

rigged league

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chichevache posted:

I feel like your team is Bill's bitch.

I'm a Lions fan so yes, extremely.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Isn't cutting off the receiver generally considered good defense

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1201359985420226560

Gonna pretend the Texans are good for awhile because of this stat

and this

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1201356782842585089

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m happy that the Patriots lost

And the Seahawks better step the gently caress up tomorrow

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/...y-matt-patricia

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

Finally acquiring a Fitzpatrick worked out for someone

The Steelers should have traded for both Fitzpatricks. Would have worked out better for both teams.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Considering the Bears play the Lions twice a year this is just further evidence they need to sign Trubisky to a five year extension.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If Brady bothered to actually work with the receivers instead of cry about them being rookies and it's not his job while pouring one out for Antonio Brown then maybe he wouldn't look like poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Who would have thought that if you double edleman it breaks brady?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Despera posted:

on a sad note the bengals beat the curse of a black cat

Maybe the curse was just siphoning the cat power TO the Bengals so they could win just this one.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mr. Nice! posted:

Who would have thought that if you double edleman it breaks brady?

Denver that one AFCGC

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Keith Atherton posted:

I’m happy that the Patriots lost

:same:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

latinotwink1997 posted:

Maybe the curse was just siphoning the cat power TO the Bengals so they could win just this one.

That would explain the Panthers game yesterday.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember yesterday when the panthers came out with two beautifully scripted drives and marched right down the field then the redskins made like one tiny adjustment and rivera and norv were just like "whelp I got nothing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I guess this was just another info gathering loss for the pats