Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Peyton actually was an immense bitch though. Getting shithammered by the Seahawks while setting the Super Bowl record for most completions was peak Peyton.

Unlike Eli who overcame cheating Patriots twice like it was no big deal while never suffering any humiliating Super Bowl losses due to ill-timed picks or just eating rear end for 60 minutes like his big brother did vs the Saints and Seahawks :manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm still not sure what is more embarrassing.

18-1
28-3
Seahawks/Broncos
Butler Pick

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's 28-3, you needn't question further

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Actually 12-3 is pretty bad too.

Man, it hasn't even been a year and that Super Bowl has completely slipped from my memories and into the ether.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

18-1
28-3
Seahawks/Broncos
Butler Pick

28-3. That comeback was literally mathematically impossible if the Falcons don't do literally the stupidest thing every loving chance they got for an entire quarter plus.

Like if the Falcons literally did nothing but snap the ball when the play clock was down to a couple seconds when the clock was running, the comeback is impossible strictly because of time and the game ends.

Or if they run 3 times and kick a field goal that one time.

Or if they don't eat a pointless sack on a 60 step drop when they just needed a couple yards.

Or or or or or....

Butler pick was a single sketchy playcall that blew up in their face out of nowhere. I laughed like mad at it but ultimately it was just a singular event in a game that was a great slugfest all around.

18-1 was basically "any given Sunday" striking at exactly the wrong time for the Patriots.

Seahawks-Broncos was a lolocaust game for sure, I'd put it up there because Peyton suffering was always hilarious but in fairness that Seahawks team was just badass as hell.

e: The MCVAY REVOLUTION IN AMERICAN FOOTBALL scoring 3 was pretty sorry too, but it was almost too boring to even count. Plus the Rams are a bogus team with no fanbase anyway so it just doesn't hit that hard IMO.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

18-1
28-3
Seahawks/Broncos
Butler Pick

19-0* Forever

I remember after the NFCCG everyone was complaining because "The Packers would of lost, but they would of atleast kept it interesting." Leading to the greatest upset in NFL history.

28-3 is a very close 2nd though

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Vince Young was cool.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Homerism aside Seahawks-Broncos was noteworthy bc the Broncos were "the best offense of all time" and scored all of 8 pts as they got completely poo poo upon in every phase of the game. Hawks had ST Def and Off TDs and the first play of the game was safety.

All the HGH fueled completions in the world couldn't save peyton that day

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Seahawks-Broncos was hilarious from start to finish

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Fat Jesus posted:

Seahawks-Broncos was hilarious from start to finish

The only blowout Super Bowl I enjoyed watching the whole time. If the Pats make it back again, I really want someone's defense to just destroy them and humble Brady.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Peyton would have won 15 super bowls if he and Tom Brady's positions were switched :manning:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

syzpid posted:

The only blowout Super Bowl I enjoyed watching the whole time. If the Pats make it back again, I really want someone's defense to just destroy them and humble Brady.

It was real close between this one and seeing Rich Gannon get broken apart in 2002

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Eli is the GOAT, gently caress Daniel Jones. Eli get a bionic arm and play until 50.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A mod gave someone a probation because they called him Elisha which is his actual name, not Rivals.com pun

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Rival puns own and shouldn't be banned

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phyein posted:

By and large no, they do not.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

a neat cape posted:

It was real close between this one and seeing Rich Gannon get broken apart in 2002

That was so beautiful, but it wasn't as fair considering the Raiders had their All Pro Center just disappear hours before the game, and genius Bill Callahan never changed the offense so the Buc's knew exactly what was coming.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

syzpid posted:

That was so beautiful, but it wasn't as fair considering the Raiders had their All Pro Center just disappear hours before the game, and genius Bill Callahan never changed the offense so the Buc's knew exactly what was coming.

Offensive guru Jon Gruden's lone Super Bowl came on the back of a historical defensive squad knowing exactly what was coming at them lmao

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

By and large no, they do not.

ok Mr. Lice!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Offensive guru Jon Gruden's lone Super Bowl came on the back of a historical defensive squad knowing exactly what was coming at them lmao

He did make the Tampa offense noticeably less dumb TBF, plus he's the one who had the Death Star launch codes Raiders' playbook in the first place.

Conversely Dungy went to the Colts so Peyton's offense could get all the hype. Though the 2006 Colts had more positive plays from Bob Sanders in their Super Bowl run than Peyton.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 7, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dubious posted:

ok Mr. Lice!

I am undone!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

sean10mm posted:

He did make the Tampa offense noticeably less dumb TBF, plus he's the one who had the Death Star launch codes Raiders' playbook in the first place.

Conversely Dungy went to the Colts so Peyton's offense could get all the hype. Though the 2006 Colts had more positive plays from Bob Sanders in their Super Bowl run than Peyton.

defense wins championships

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

syzpid posted:

Gannon could have just not thrown 6 picks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a neat cape posted:

:yeah:

E: VVV That's just math. Who can even argue with math?

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 8, 2019

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Eli Manning >> Tom Brady > Your Quarterback

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Eli Manning is the starting quarterback of the New York Giants

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Phyein posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad Rival puns are banned

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm glad Rival puns are banned

Same.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I don’t know what a Rival pun is

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sponges posted:

I don’t know what a Rival pun is

Back in the day rivals.com or something like that had a lot of different sports message boards. They were filled with creative puns like Tony Homo, Faker Gayfield, and other much worse and more racist/bigoted type things. They were banned from use in SAS before TFF existed because they’re very rarely funny. This tradition has been upheld for more than a decade.

Actually funny puns or disparaging nicknames have never been verboten. The complainers about the rule are never funny, though. C.f. Lord waffle beard.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This will always be funny.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chichevache posted:

This will always be funny.

Tonyhomo.com was absolutely hilarious when it was first running as Drew Bledsoe’s blog.

Tony Homo is just a bigoted slur.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sean10mm posted:

Gruden talking about how much he loved Derrick Brooks and Jerry Rice on the NFL Top 100 of all time was pretty :3:

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
116-117, not a winner

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Eli Manning loving Rules

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Poor Eli. :smith:

hosed by the world's shittiest D.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Tom Sellout posted:

116-117, not a winner

*30 for 30 voice*

imagine pissing in tom bradys cornflakes...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
sources say: no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Ever think about how Eli Manning and Elle Fanning is only three letters apart, makes you wonder.