Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Also DPI no call.

https://twitter.com/TrainIsland/status/1203834909632221190

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Let me show you this zoomed in slow motion video that is exactly the angle and speed the refs had in real time.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Hey, hey, hey, been waiting since the Jesse James no TD call to say this to Pats fans: good teams overcome bad officiating

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Maybe bill shouldn't have wasted his challenges

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Maybe bill shouldn't have wasted his challenges

Maybe Bill Shouldn't have had to throw a challenge flag on fumble?

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hey, hey, hey, been waiting since the Jesse James no TD call to say this to Pats fans: good teams overcome bad officiating

You think it's snarky but it's always true. They had a ton of chances in the second half to score and shot themselves in the foot. That it came down to officiating mistakes is on them.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

We don't even bother GIF'ing the uncalled Brady intentional groundings they're so commonplace.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blank McBlankerson posted:

Maybe Bill Shouldn't have had to throw a challenge flag on fumble?

That's not the one he lost, challenging a meaningless line to gain in the second quarter and *also* demanding OPI on a pick within 1 yard of the LOS.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

We don't even bother GIF'ing the uncalled Brady intentional groundings they're so commonplace.
Well, obviously, it's because all the receivers run option routes and obviously there was supposed to be a receiver there and:patssay:
Edit: Also, my Bradytar makes this post seem oddly appropriate.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

If this weren't slowed down I probably wouldn't have called it either. The Chiefs defender is at least facing the direction the ball is coming from. Pass looks like it was slow coming out and a bit overthrown anyway.

Like I'll grant the fumble and TD calls were the worst officiating possible but it's also the Patriots so who gives a gently caress.

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013

Strobe posted:

That's not the one he lost, challenging a meaningless line to gain in the second quarter and *also* demanding OPI on a pick within 1 yard of the LOS.

You right he shouldn't have had to THROW the second challenge flag, that should have been on the refs.

Blank McBlankerson
Feb 21, 2013

This was a Flacco Special and it is not something I was upset about. The ball was thrown 3 yards inside the receiver, it was trying to get the flag which I think is a poo poo way to go about playing the game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blank McBlankerson posted:

You right he shouldn't have had to THROW the second challenge flag, that should have been on the refs.

In a perfect world there would be no challenges and no blown calls.

In the real world Bill hosed up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

solarjetman posted:

The Broncos are hinting at the possibility that they might have competent QB play next season.

I don't really buy it so far, although I've only seen the parts of that game on RedZone. A lot of what I've seen is circus catches by Sutton when Lock flings it up; I appreciate his willingness to give his guy a chance but I'm just not sold on Lock remotely. I think it's gonna slow down considerably, because I just feel his accuracy is just so so.

It's working now though and the Broncos defense has been great since like week 5. Those two things will definitely buy Fangio a year or two more

Probably Magic posted:

The Titans are poo poo playing from behind, just do a lot of stupid poo poo and die. But if the game's tied at halftime, their opponents are in a bad situation since Henry is a second half running back and just starts becoming unstoppable against a winded defenses. The Titans D is banged up enough that Lamar in his apex form right now could probably trounce them, but it's a toss-up. This Titans team is such a trip right now, it really does seem if they can keep offensively up enough with a team in a first half that they have the game in the bag.

Don't forget defensive scores, and special teams which has been enormous for them recently. Basically if they can come to play where all phases are working together and creating big plays, yeah they're gonna score about 40 and will be tough to beat. Someone's gonna slow them down eventually though, we'll see how they handle it.

The biggest change besides Tanny has been the O line. Suddenly they are opening up big holes for Henry, you can see them drive guys off the ball. No idea where that was at the start of the season but it's good to see it now

Refs already throw enough flags for uncatachable balls, they need to use some common sense about what's catchable and what's not. In the niners game a desperation heave by Brees on third down was rewarded with a DPI call even though the pass was nowhere near him.

SImilarly, this pass flies behind the DBs head as they run the left. It's a bad throw plain and simple and not catachable. In real time the DB contacted the receiver just before the pass sailed by

SHOAH NUFF posted:

KCs OL is quietly an issue. Reid prefers smaller athletic OL for all his screens but that results in a horrible running game that often times cant get a yard or two when needed. Mahomes is getting hit way too often and having to scramble. Mitch Schwartz is incredible but you can argue that everyone else on the OL has regressed or disappointed except that new FA Stefaniewski who somehow always does a solid job when covering for an injury but can’t start

If the run game and pass pro can figure things out then I will feel great because the defense has turned into at least an average group. It was really refreshing to see blitzing last night (even though a few times it went bad) after watching Brady carve up Bob Suttons stupid bend but don’t break schemes for years

Know what the two smallest OLs by weight in the NFL are? Vikings and 49ers, neither of whom have too much trouble picking up yards on the ground. Athletic OLs can be used to MAKE blocks that bigger guys will miss, and really a good block only needs to hold up for a second or two at the most.

Chiefs Patriots neither team impressed me too much. Like you said Chiefs protection was awful. One thing I liked was how much pressure the Chiefs defense was getting, I think thats why they won the game in the end; they made Tom uncomfortable and forced him to throw it early which played to their favor. Credit to those blitzes that were dialed up and stuck with even on the final snap of the game. Overall on offense the Chiefs were uninspiring though, going backwards as often as forwards. So many 3rd/4th and longs

On the Pats side, Tom wasn't good. He simply missed easy passes, including to the FLAT which is like the easiest pass there is. If the Chiefs got pressure and forced him to backpedal it was over because while Mahomes can fling 40+ yard bombs off his back foot, Tom can barely throw ten yards while he's backpedaling. That's why the pressure was so important.

Patriots defense played really well imo, much better than they did agains the Texans and looked more like the defense from earlier in the year

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You think it's snarky but it's always true. They had a ton of chances in the second half to score and shot themselves in the foot. That it came down to officiating mistakes is on them.

It's also always banal and stupid. Every team could be better in every game, but for some reason the onus is on the team to be perfect and not the refs to do their job well.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Look at this loving stud.

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1203914789489168390

Also his girl is ride or die.

https://twitter.com/brittanylynne8/status/1204033807130808320

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

well pack it in boys, after 20 straight years of favorable reffing one time a fumble wasnt called 100% correctly, only 90% correctly so the pats were always treated badly by the referees

Nov 6, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It's also always banal and stupid. Every team could be better in every game, but for some reason the onus is on the team to be perfect and not the refs to do their job well.

No, teams don't have to be perfect to overcome bad officiating. The Patriots could have played just slightly better in the second half of that game and won it even with the bad calls. Bad calls are just like bad weather or an unlucky bounce. They are an inevitable part of the game that will always exist, and good teams will make enough plays to make up for them. Last night the Pats were not a good enough team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Also turns out the Ravens are running almost a carbon copy of the 2012 49ers offense created for Colin Kaepernick which Roman was involved in. A few twists here and there but many of the plays are absolute staples. Can't believe I didn't notice the obvious similarities earlier

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ghost Dog posted:

well pack it in boys, after 20 straight years of favorable reffing one time a fumble wasnt called 100% correctly, only 90% correctly so the pats were always treated badly by the referees

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
This is all vindication for the Tuck Rule.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Pretty much.

Even with the calls / no calls.

They still had a shot to convert a 4th down / get a TD and Breeland made a great play, Brady missed a completely open Jakobi Meyers at the 2.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Play posted:

Also turns out the Ravens are running almost a carbon copy of the 2012 49ers offense created for Colin Kaepernick which Roman was involved in. A few twists here and there but many of the plays are absolute staples. Can't believe I didn't notice the obvious similarities earlier

i love the idea of hyper knowledgeable football poster Play just now figuring out that two teams with the exact same coordinator have similiarities between their offenses. way to connect the loving dots there bud

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OxySnake posted:

Pretty much.

Even with the calls / no calls.

They still had a shot to convert a 4th down / get a TD and Breeland made a great play, Brady missed a completely open Jakobi Meyers at the 2.

Bills Ravens game ended on a super similar play with Marcus Peters reaching forward and disrupting the pass for Beasley (I think). I don't have a big point here just neat that two games ended on 4th down pass breakups

Ghost Dog posted:

i love the idea of hyper knowledgeable football poster Play just now figuring out that two teams with the exact same coordinator have similiarities between their offenses. way to connect the loving dots there bud

Much sand in your vagina my man? Jesus. I'm on a journey of discovery and you're here making GBS threads in my oatmeal

Besides, it's not actually a given that coordinators will use the exact same playbooks for different teams/quarterbacks. It's cool because while Kaepernick hosed up some defenses running those zone read variations in particular, Lamar just takes it to a new level

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s pretty similar to Tyrod/Shady/Karlos Williams here too

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Play posted:

Bills Ravens game ended on a super similar play with Marcus Peters reaching forward and disrupting the pass for Beasley (I think). I don't have a big point here just neat that two games ended on 4th down pass breakups

Much sand in your vagina my man? Jesus. I'm on a journey of discovery and you're here making GBS threads in my oatmeal

doctor play successfully diagnoses sandy vagina once again

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

*in a very play voice* do u guys know what a blumpkin is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

Let me show you this zoomed in slow motion video that is exactly the angle and speed the refs had in real time.

What’s that matter? That’s how Miami lost to the jets yesterday

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

doctor play successfully diagnoses sandy vagina once again

Ghost Dog posted:

*in a very play voice* do u guys know what a blumpkin is

are you so mad that you had to double post when you thought of a better burn? lol

anyways, these are okay, but far from your best work

Amy Pole Her posted:

What’s that matter? That’s how Miami lost to the jets yesterday

The Browns also won a BS challenge late in the game that basically sealed it for them. Not stoked on the fact that obvious PI wasn't being overturned to start the season and now SUPER borderline calls are being made on replay

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Arguing with pop dog is wobbly at best imo just let it go

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

1/2 Ravens type chat itt

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rad Valtar posted:

This is all vindication for the Tuck Rule.

But seriously enjoying the salt coming from Pats fans. Just keep it coming. (not TFF if I had to be specific, twitter is a goldmine)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Amy Pole Her posted:

Arguing with pop dog is wobbly at best imo just let it go

I've come to save the day! Only I can fight him :D

Though we've reached a point in the saga where Pop Dog and I aren't as bad of adversaries. Borsche seems to be my main antagonist these days..

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Kawalimus posted:

I've come to save the day! Only I can fight him :D

Though we've reached a point in the saga where Pop Dog and I aren't as bad of adversaries. Borsche seems to be my main antagonist these days..

Dogs eat birds, you’re doomed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he's alive but he's out for the year

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1204109411926585344?s=20

im guessing an organ lac

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Rough day for NFCS WRs. Mike Evans season is done with his hamstring pull. At least it wasn't a tear.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

Dogs eat birds, you’re doomed.

Not if I'm a Great Horned Owl!!! That dog better hide itself.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/chiefsreporter/status/1204105327374934017

What’s up with Toub

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Not if I'm a Great Horned Owl!!! That dog better hide itself.

This reminds me - as a bird watcher have you watched The Staircase and do you subscribe to The Owl Theory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

This reminds me - as a bird watcher have you watched The Staircase and do you subscribe to The Owl Theory?

I've never heard of it. Should I watch? Wait a minute, is this a thing where a guy supposedly proved that an owl killed his wife? We talked about that on a bird walk once.

But like a year or two ago some people were saying stuff to me like "That's bird law!!!" over and over and i was like what in the world are you talking about. But now my roommate seems to watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia on loop and now I know what that is.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 9, 2019