Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i live here in "Dungdalk", where it smells like the lovely toelet. it's funny to troll people by eating outside and smelling/tasting the sewage alongside your egg custard snowball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I get that same experience watching the New York Giants attempt to play football.

I would say the Jets but they're the NFC East champions so I can't poo poo talk them.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Glad my team took another WR bust with their 1st round pick instead of drafting the league MVP to replace their 42 year old quarterback.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I can't believe this Ravens team of all teams managed to put up 218 rushing yards against the vaunted Jets run defense

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Glad my team took another WR bust with their 1st round pick instead of drafting the league MVP to replace their 42 year old quarterback.

:same:

e: VVVV that's right, I thought it was N'keal Harry in 2018

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 14, 2019

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Pats took a running back Sony Michel which is arguably worse

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh God, I forgot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
NFL 100 chat

Why the gently caress hasn't Anthony Munoz gotten that loving finger repaired?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the hosed up fanger is a service badge and those who get it fixed like malcolm jenkins will never be a hofer.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ches Neckbeard posted:

NFL 100 chat

Why the gently caress hasn't Anthony Munoz gotten that loving finger repaired?

More likely to get people to being him on NFL talk shows and give him a chance to show it off. The Tory Holt Ploy.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

i live here in "Dungdalk", where it smells like the lovely toelet. it's funny to troll people by eating outside and smelling/tasting the sewage alongside your egg custard snowball.

My wife grew up in Dundalk, but far away from the Twin Eggs That Smell of poo poo.

The further you get from the sewage treatment plant, the better BOTH Essex and Dundalk get :D

Like Carson's Creekside just ousdie Essex, and Vinny's Cafe just on the outskirts of Dundalk

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 14, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

defaultluser posted:

My wife grew up in Dundalk, but far away from the Twin Eggs That Smell of poo poo.

The further you get from the sewage treatment plant, the better BOTH Essex and Dundalk get :D

you and me, Let's gently caress. Some NFL football that is

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

you and me, Let's gently caress. Some NFL football that is

Hey,didn't 98 Rock once have a football game between Dundalk and Essex for the owner of eggs? That woudlkd have been a loving terrible NFL football game.

Yes, I recall correctly!

https://www.facebook.com/98online/posts/come-watch-the-epic-battle-of-dundalk-vs-essex-on-the-gridiron-the-twisted-tea-t/216985641650209/

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 14, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

agreed to all of it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1205671608301563904

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
lamar jackson: baller, shotcaller, all he does is win games

checks out

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Kawalimus posted:

I like dundalk :(

There’s that building on 695 where all the smokestacks look like caulk because they make caulk there it’s pretty cool

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Ravens are going to win the Super Bowl and that is cool and good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
not watching watching the cowherd video but i'm assuming he says the n-word at some point

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I admit I said Lamar Jackson was the next Boller when he was drafted. I had no idea who he was though and had never seen him play :D. Even on his gimmick plays early last season and in the limited offense I felt he had potential to be something really special. I don't disagree that he was a project of sorts, just one with an insanely high ceiling that was worth going all-in on.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t really watch college ball so I had no opinion but I enjoy watching the take-havers get dunked on anyway.

Watching Louisville highlights after the fact it’s seems pretty funny that teams didn’t want this guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Watching Louisville highlights after the fact it’s seems pretty funny that teams didn’t want this guy.

Petrino kind of coached a one read and then check down offense, so there were legitimate worries just because Jackson hadn't had to bother about things he would in the NFL. Not worries bad enough for all the hand wringing about changing positions of course.

The highlights were pop your eyes out of your head real though. He was utterly dominant in all phases.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Petrino deciding to not have an oline also didn't help

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

AndrewP posted:

I don’t really watch college ball so I had no opinion but I enjoy watching the take-havers get dunked on anyway.

My friend goes to Louisville so I started hearing about Lamar Literally Jesus Jackson years ago and decided to watch him in college. I'm glad I did because it was a great show. I was telling dummys in Ravens social media groups he was gonna do big things from the moment he got the starting job and they relentless tried dunking on me for it, especially after the playoff game. Vindication feels good. :unsmith:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I'm sad Jaylen Smith didn't make the final 53. Having a big physical wideout with an established rapport with Lamar Jackson would have been nice imo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Necros posted:

My friend goes to Louisville so I started hearing about Lamar Literally Jesus Jackson years ago and decided to watch him in college. I'm glad I did because it was a great show. I was telling dummys in Ravens social media groups he was gonna do big things from the moment he got the starting job and they relentless tried dunking on me for it, especially after the playoff game. Vindication feels good. :unsmith:

I definitely was NOT down on Lamar Jackson after the playoff game. I sort of thought we should bench him during it, but I didn't at all feel like that was an indication he was a bust. People don't realize that he was similarly ineffective against the Chargers in the regular season(he had 13 rushes for 39 yards with a long of 27, so really was not doing well on the ground. He actually ran a bit better on them in the playoff game!), we just didn't get behind early and then had two really big plays go our way in the second half(the Andrews TD and the Gates fumble for a defensive TD). Not to mention our defense played lights out.

We could have won similarly in the playoffs but Lamar Jackson had a really bad game with ball handling and lost fumbles and just generally had plays blown up due to this. Those sorts of things I figured could be pretty easily fixed with practice so getting rid of those things just by themselves I think would have given us a shot to win against the Chargers in the playoff game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I definitely was NOT down on Lamar Jackson after the playoff game. I sort of thought we should bench him during it, but I didn't at all feel like that was an indication he was a bust. People don't realize that he was similarly ineffective against the Chargers in the regular season(he had 13 rushes for 39 yards with a long of 27, so really was not doing well on the ground. He actually ran a bit better on them in the playoff game!), we just didn't get behind early and then had two really big plays go our way in the second half(the Andrews TD and the Gates fumble for a defensive TD). Not to mention our defense played lights out.

We could have won similarly in the playoffs but Lamar Jackson had a really bad game with ball handling and lost fumbles and just generally had plays blown up due to this. Those sorts of things I figured could be pretty easily fixed with practice so getting rid of those things just by themselves I think would have given us a shot to win against the Chargers in the playoff game.

yea if joe was thrown in and they ran the old offense they might have actually beaten the chargers but benching your QB of the future would've just shattered his confidence and it was the right choice by harbaugh to let lamar play the game out imo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I don't think we would have beat them with Flacco either. That was a strong defense and he hadn't played in weeks. But I don't think Jackson's confidence would have been shattered anymore than the game already would have shattered it. He seems to have a pretty good resolve and while it's nice in hindsight to attribute some of his success now to not having been benched, I don't think it caused things to progress much differently than they otherwise would have if he had been benched. Getting benched has happened to tons of great QBs and I don't know of any examples of "man if he just hadn't benched him that day he played like crap maybe he would have been ok". But whatever it doesn't matter now.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its mostly that you made the choice weeks ago, once joe was benched for lamar its over. joes gone, you have absolutely no reason to play him barring injury. there was no choice unless your team is a panicky, stupid knee jerk franchise that constantly does stupid poo poo(browns)

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

lamar was so mad at losing that game he worked his rear end off all offseason to get better what im saying is its actually good to lose in the postseason

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The closer you get to the super bowl the less you get a chance at a superb olineman

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Sour Diesel posted:

lamar was so mad at losing that game he worked his rear end off all offseason to get better what im saying is its actually good to lose in the postseason

you gotta lose in the postseason, especially the first round, to make sure you avoid the doom of all teams: beating a team that is bad...my team

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

lol it took your team all season to defeat my team

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Doltos posted:

The closer you get to the super bowl the less you get a chance at a superb olineman

Yanda was a 3rd round pick. Stanley we took instead of Tunsil where they released that weird video of him smoking on a bong. Which was dumb on our part but ended up being ok either way. Osemele was a 2nd round pick. Orlando Brown Jr is a 3rd round pick.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

just cause ur proc chance is low, it doesnt mean you will have zero uptime on your o line buff

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

just cause ur proc chance is low, it doesnt mean you will have zero uptime on your o line buff

every few weeks I forget this is a sports forum full of complete nerds and it takes posts like this to remind me.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ravens will lose in the AFCCG because of a shanked field goal in regulation. Hope u like being the new 1998 Vikings

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

how many superbowls have the vikings won

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I was kinda hyped when they took Lamar. But Mallory Rubins reaction got me pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was pissed when they took Lamar because it made no sense to me to take him then instead of with the Hayden Hurst pick if you thought he could be the future of your franchise. That plus Flacco love blinding me to our need at QB.

What is a Mallory Rubbins?