Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh my god I never noticed Brockman's expression in this before

it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Next week's games for Seattle and SF also don't matter at all for winning the NFC west. Either or both teams could lose and the winner in week 17 still takes the division.

I think I saw that if SF loses next week, Seattle wins, but SF wins week 17 then the NFC West will somehow be decided by the Giants and Eagles game?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grittybeard posted:

I think I saw that if SF loses next week, Seattle wins, but SF wins week 17 then the NFC West will somehow be decided by the Giants and Eagles game?

this loving rules and I hope it happens

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think that's true. If you get to Strength of Victory in that scenario then the schedules are identical except for the 49ers would have:

Saints, Packers, Redskins - 25 wins currently

Seahawks have:

Vikings, Eagles, Falcons - 22 wins currently

The Seahawks need to make up at least 3 wins there. Presumably the Saints and Packers are gonna win at least a couple more, so probably they need that group of teams to win 5 out of 6 total games. It's possible, but doesn't seem super likely.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is that a still from The Irishman

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
gently caress yeah Bills bitch!:thurman:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The Bucs are out of the playoffs, right? Seattle / Vikes can't lose enough to let them in?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MoaM posted:

The Bucs are out of the playoffs, right? Seattle / Vikes can't lose enough to let them in?

Yeah the NFC WC teams will have at least 10 wins. Bucs can finish 9-7 at best. Saints have clinched the division obviously.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your 10-4 Buffalo Bills

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Hey ... Hey Collinsworth ... Bills Bitch !!!

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

ulmont posted:

Well:

1. That was the first game with Brees back after Teddy went 5-0, so the town wanted to make sure he wasn't forgotten.

2. That was 31-9 in the fourth quarter which is when Teddy actually came in and got the chant.

3. He also got chants earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDTo-bcRkQk

so except for at a different time and for a different reason, exactly the same? got it, thanks.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Steelers are now kind of banking on Baltimore winning in CLE next week so they rest starters in week 17.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
go bills bitch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Steelers are now kind of banking on Baltimore winning in CLE next week so they rest starters in week 17.

First part seems like a safe bet

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Intruder posted:

First part seems like a safe bet

Cleveland fans would like to very loudly remind you that the Browns did, in fact, beat Baltimore this year.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If the Browns were somehow able to sweep the Ravens this season, you can guarantee Kitchens would be signed to an extension at the end of the game.

The meltdown here in TFF would be pretty amazing too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

If the Browns were somehow able to sweep the Ravens this season, you can guarantee Kitchens would be signed to an extension at the end of the game.

:yeshaha:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Man he looks old. He'll be in the HOF eventually, even with the doofy W/L record.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Android Apocalypse posted:

This seems like a solid play for Baltimore to dominate the AFC North for another couple years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Imagine being the Ravens, where for the next decade you can be top seed in the AFC and be odds-on favorites to win the Super Bowl every year, but in return you're always swept by the Browns every season. Do you wish upon that monkey's paw?

Unrelated:
https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1206378944129167362?s=20

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Cleveland fans would like to very loudly remind you that the Browns did, in fact, beat Baltimore this year.
The Ravens, who are a good team because they are smart and progressive, somehow being cursed to never beat Cleveland in exchange for constant excellence would be a fun lil timeline quirk.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
hey dolfans do you see your team winning the toilet bowl next week?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

So, according to the The New York Times Playoff Calculator, in order for Philly to get in, they MUST beat Dallas AND the Giants. If the Cowboys win, that’s it. No comebacks. No extra time to turn it around. No relying on the Bears to push out the Vikings. Philly’s season is over.

Dear god the NFC East thread will devolve into shitposting and arguments if the Eagles lose, won’t it?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
that'd be a real change of pace

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

HereticMIND posted:

So, according to the The New York Times Playoff Calculator, in order for Philly to get in, they MUST beat Dallas AND the Giants. If the Cowboys win, that’s it. No comebacks. No extra time to turn it around. No relying on the Bears to push out the Vikings. Philly’s season is over.

Dear god the NFC East thread will devolve into shitposting and arguments if the Eagles lose, won’t it?

everyone in the nfc east thread hates their team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HereticMIND posted:

This has the Colts with a non zero chance to win the division, I wonder what crazy things would have to happen for that

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/slyboy_22/status/1206366252215595008?s=21
good night Oakland

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm sad that the NFC East winner is probably going 9-7 now.

The world is unfair.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mega64 posted:

I'm sad that the NFC East winner is probably going 9-7 now.

The world is unfair.

Could still be 8-8

Or 7-8-1

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

HereticMIND posted:

Nah, pretty much everyone in that thread recognizes that no one actually deserves to win the division this season, and we're all pretty much resigned to our fate. At this point we're just all rooting for full clownball chaos, regardless of who wins.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Nah, pretty much everyone in that thread recognizes that no one actually deserves to win the division this season, and we're all pretty much resigned to our fate. At this point we're just all rooting for full clownball chaos, regardless of who wins.

Lets be honest, we all want to see an 8-8 or 7-8-1 team put out the Vikings in the wc round.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

HereticMIND posted:

Not exactly. Philly cannot end with the same record as Dallas and win. Eagles will go in if they win vs Dallas and lose to the Giants so long as the Cowboys lose out. Dallas has the tiebreaker if they both finish 8-8.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

... not counting post season, at which he has a winning record.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Fitting

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I was watching some highlights from yesterday and drat, post-injury Mahomes is still amazing :eyepop:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

corn on the cop posted:

everyone in the nfc east thread hates their team

No one hates the NFC East as much as fans of teams in the NFC east.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I want an NFCE team to win the super bowl this year to confuse everybody.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Taerkar posted:

No one hates the NFC East as much as fans of teams in the NFC east.

And everyone who was waiting all day for Sunday Night expecting some kind of primetime fight.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm genuinely happy that the Buffalo Bills Football Men are going to the playoffs again but I would have much preferred that they accomplish it without drastically reducing the Pittsburgh Steelers' chances at also going to the playoffs, thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

colachute posted:

I want an NFCE team to win the super bowl this year to confuse everybody.

I want a 8-8/7-9-1 NFCE winner to at least get to the NFCCG just to see Twitter meltdowns saying "URGGGGH, you should have to have a winning record to be in the playoffs"