Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He turned a corner and was suddenly met with some lights. There was some sort of cottage ahead! He picked up his pace, hoping that Scully had made it here before he had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
"Chef Ramsay, you have my utmost apologies." Carmen gave a little bow. She said with a smirk, "It is a shame that someone so attractive has such a temper!"

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
As the ship left harbor, the Count decided it was time to take in the sights. Before long the only thing to count would be the ocean, and that got old quickly. He headed up towards the bow--maybe counting the ships in harbor would pass the time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
As he got closer, he realized that this was no ordinary cottage. In fact, it was far from it. Mulder started to get an uneasy feeling, wondering if he actually wanted to find Scully in such a place.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gordon turned several different colors in quick succession. "Miss, I will have you know that I'm happily married," he spluttered out. Carmen laughed, she couldn't help herself.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"One! One woman contemplating suicide! Ah! Ah! Ah!" The Count had eventually wandered back to the stern of the Titanic. He wasn't sure why it hadn't occurred to him that there would be more to see from the side of the ship that faced the shore.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There was a tree branch near the cottage that was adorned with several crude drawings of a green face. There was a swingset for children, clearly stolen from some nearby playground. There was a clothesline with some extremely large vests hanging from it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Don't jump! You have so many things to live for! More than even I could count!" The Count placed a reassuring felt hand on the woman's shoulder, gently pulling her back from the edge.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Red was her color, she was at home here. Ramsay looked at her as if just seeing Carmen for the first time. A proximity alarm blared, and the moment was gone.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He heard a shriek from inside the cottage. As he looked toward the window, he saw a large silhouette running across the room. Mulder knew he had to act fast.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gordon shouted "What in the flying gently caress is that?" Carmen gritted her teeth. For once, she was on the back foot.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just... I'm just so uncertain about my direction in life!" the woman said. "I'm sorry, I should introduce myself--my name is Rose, Rose DeWitt. My family has arranged my engagement, and... I just don't know if I can marry a man I don't truly love."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: ATTENTION :siren:

12:19, a valid post:

Somberbrero posted:

"I'm so sorry that V.I.L.E. has inconvenienced you, Mister Ramsay." Carmen did not sound the least bit sorry. "If it were not for your unique skills, we would have been happy to leave you out of this."

12:21, a spelling mistake. The word you were looking for is "beet"

Somberbrero posted:

"That's Chef Ramsay to you!" Gordon was already turning beat red. Carmen didn't flinch.

12:24, a valid post but too long since the previous one.

Somberbrero posted:

"Chef Ramsay, you have my utmost apologies." Carmen gave a little bow. She said with a smirk, "It is a shame that someone so attractive has such a temper!"

I'm sorry but Somber, you have been eliminated from Part 1 of the final HOH.

Poque and Hats, you may continue.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He reached the door and kicked it open. “Scully, are you in here?” he shouted, his voice wavering. The scene in front of him, however, was not at all what he had expected.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"I would kindly ask that you step away from my fiancée." The voice was cold and humorless. Rose and the Count turned, as did the Count's puppeteer, who was conveniently just offscreen. The man who stood behind them looked wealthy, the kind of person who counted only money.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scully was indeed in this cottage. She was seated in a large, overstuffed recliner and was holding a cup of tea and a saucer. The shriek had definitely come from her, but it seemed to have been a shriek of laughter.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"I'm sorry, Cal, I was just looking over the edge, and I lost my balance, and the Count here saved me from falling to my death. I would have hit the side of the ship and started spinning in a way that would make for a really funny video clip in the future, but would also undermine the drama of the situation."

"The Count? Ah. Count Von Count. My apologies, I hadn't expected to run into you on this vessel. Surely you aren't leaving the Carpathians behind?"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
A large, green ogre stood across from Scully. He had a toothy smile and was acting out some sort of scene for her entertainment. Mulder had no idea what was going on.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"I am afraid I must, Mr. Hockley. One peasant revolt, two peasant revolts, three peasant revolts! Ah! Ah! Ah! It is too much for one Count to handle! No, I am looking to start anew in America, like so many on this vessel. One person seeking a better life! Two people seeking a better life! Three--"

"Yes, yes, we get the idea," Cal interrupted.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
“Oh, hello!” shouted the ogre. “My name is Shrek! Welcome to my home. Would you like anything to drink?”

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Why don't you invite the Count to dinner with us? I would certainly enjoy the company." Rose broke the building tension, just in time to quell the bloodlust rising in the Count's eyes.

"Hmph. Yes, I suppose it would be advantageous." His role in the scene finished, Cal turned and left as suddenly as he had arrived.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mulder stared at the ogre, neither moving nor speaking. He didn’t know how to react to such a sight. In fact, it took Scully rising to her feet and slapping him on the back to get him moving again.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Do you see why I was going to kill myself? My mother has arranged for me to marry him, to save our family fortune, but I cannot imagine spending my entire life with that man. There are so many things I haven't done! I want to live! Truly live!"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
“Mulder, snap out of it,” she said. “This Shrek is the one we’ve been looking for this whole time. He can take us to the scene of the accident.”

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Yes, I can count many reasons you would not want to marry him! But your life has not ended yet. If you want to live, then do so! There is a party tonight, in third class. Come and join me there!"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mulder’s voice returned to him and rose quickly to a shout. “What are you talking about? How are you so calm? Have you been drugged?”

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"In third class? But you're a Count. You are the Count! Why would you be in third class?"

"Ah, that is a story with many tragedies. One tragedy! Two tragedies! Three tragedies! Three tragedies! Ah! Ah! Ah! But let me simply say there have been may difficulties for the von Count family name. I go to America to build my reputation afresh, to spread counting to the masses. I owe it to the world. I owe it to... to... No, I have said enough."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Shrek looked wounded. “I would never hurt someone who was so kind to me! She simply understands me.” He began to pace around the room.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"I'm sorry. I know you've lead a long unlife, I shouldn't have asked. I can't imagine how hard it must be."

"No, no, do not worry about that! You have nothing to apologize for. Zero! Zero apologies needed! I wish to be a muppet who looks to the future, not the past."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mulder ignored Shrek, still looking at Scully. “He can help us? What are you talking about? Was he involved in the accident?”

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scully nodded, looking cautiously toward Shrek. “It sounds like he was the one driving the Corolla at the time. We should hear him out.”

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"And what future do you see for yourself, Count? Your family has fallen on similar hard times to my own. How do you handle it?"

"I will teach! I have obtained a spacious residence in America, on Sesame Street, it is there I will reside. And for handling my losses... I prefer to count my blessings."

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

With that proclamation that was also a pretty decent pun, the scene came to a close. Dinner with Cal passed without being focused on in any detail, almost as if the author was going off of a Wikipedia summary of Titanic, which didn't have much to say about that scene. Cal was, predictably, grumpy and unlikable. The Count entertained himself throughout the meal by counting the number of times the wretched man coughed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
While they were talking, Shrek had gotten uncomfortably close to the two of them. “So, it sounds like the two of you really want to hear my story!” he shouted. Scully and Mulder recoiled, but each took calming breaths and nodded.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: STOP! ATTENTION! STOP! :siren:

12:51, a valid post:

The Lord of Hats posted:

"Yes, I can count many reasons you would not want to marry him! But your life has not ended yet. If you want to live, then do so! There is a party tonight, in third class. Come and join me there!"

12:54, should be "many difficulties":

The Lord of Hats posted:

"In third class? But you're a Count. You are the Count! Why would you be in third class?"

"Ah, that is a story with many tragedies. One tragedy! Two tragedies! Three tragedies! Three tragedies! Ah! Ah! Ah! But let me simply say there have been may difficulties for the von Count family name. I go to America to build my reputation afresh, to spread counting to the masses. I owe it to the world. I owe it to... to... No, I have said enough."

12:57, valid post but too late.

The Lord of Hats posted:

"I'm sorry. I know you've lead a long unlife, I shouldn't have asked. I can't imagine how hard it must be."

"No, no, do not worry about that! You have nothing to apologize for. Zero! Zero apologies needed! I wish to be a muppet who looks to the future, not the past."

I'm sorry but The Lord of Hats has been eliminated!

POQUE WINS THE PART 1 OF THE FINAL HOH!

THE ENDURANCE CHALLENGE IS OVER

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome Somber and Hats to Part 2 of the HOH competition.

The winner of this part goes on to face Poque in Part 3 where one of you will win the final Head of Household, a spot in the finale, and the decision of who to take with you to the end.

Let's get right to it!

Instructions

At 8:35 you'll be given a link to a flash game. The first person to post in the thread a screenshot of the completed game with a timestamp wins Part 2 of the final Head of Household challenge.

The ending screen is the title and credits, that's what I'm looking for.

Good luck!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Slight delay because of one of the players, game will be posted momentarily.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The game is...Valley Rule

https://raiyumi.itch.io/the-valley-rule

Good luck!!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The Lord of Hats has won Part 2 of the final Head of Household!!