Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
The swasticushion kills me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
‘He didn’t care for Jews. He thought they were a bit much’ always gets me, I love that whole scene. Also ‘GET A LIFE, JEWS’

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Stare-Out posted:

So that kid who briefly spoke to Larry while he was in line to vote looked exactly like a young Larry David. Either it was the weirdest coincidence ever or Larry's going to cast him to play young Larry soon because it was pretty on the nose.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I wonder if that's a plot line that got cut out of the episode or if it's just a bizarre coincidence, you don't see many people that make you go "that looks like a young Larry David" and he was spot on

Overall thought the season was good. The episode with the short limo driver and fat roofer kinda sucked but I liked the rest. Had no idea that was Tracy Ullman, she was amazing. On the other hand I did not understand the Bill Hader thing at all. Did LD owe him a favor or something? As soon as Hader pops up the second time you know exactly what's gonna happen.

I do think its funny that people are nitpicking stuff like "repealing that law wouldn't get him off the hook" - I mean yeah that stuff bothers me too but after 9 seasons of Seinfeld & 11 of Curb that is just how LD's world works. Everything is transactional..."if I do this, then that will happen". It never falls apart because the idea is dumb, it falls apart because they can't execute it right.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Palestinian Chicken is by far the best episode ever.

“Leb, son of Nat!”

And the racist lovemaking.

ROFLMAO!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was a great season. I hope he keeps going before everyone gets too old.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Richard Lewis' reanimated corpse confirmed for S12

https://deadline.com/2022/11/richard-lewis-curb-your-enthusiasm-season-12-larry-david-1235182649/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWiw9_H1s2s

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gotta say, Curb is incredible! I started watching this for the first time a month or two ago, knocked my socks off immediately. I saw a little at a friend's house in the early 2000s and didn't think it was my thing. Took me long enough, but hot drat this show is brilliant.

The just unstoppable combination of the improv chemistry riffing, the fast paced well plotted episodes filled with all sorts of memorable scenes and payoffs. This show is insane.

I'm in the middle of season 5 now, so good. Also a funny tidbit is really loving J B Smoove on a bunch of podcast appearances is what got me to give the show a go, and he's around in season 6. So now I love the show anyway, JB is gonna be the bonus. I can't wait. Richard Lewis is no slouch though. Pretty good.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s hard to believe the show went for 5 whole seasons before Leon showed up

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcy867ajL1Q&t=43s

Barack Obama motherfucker, Barack Obama I'm the President of hitting that rear end!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm in the middle of season 5 now, so good. Also a funny tidbit is really loving J B Smoove on a bunch of podcast appearances is what got me to give the show a go, and he's around in season 6. So now I love the show anyway, JB is gonna be the bonus. I can't wait. Richard Lewis is no slouch though. Pretty good.

The show was awesome already, but it really kicked into another gear when Leon showed up. For me, anyway.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Leon is the best part of later Curb but the seasons just before him are the best overall.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

christmas boots posted:

It’s hard to believe the show went for 5 whole seasons before Leon showed up

I’m in shock that he showed up season 5. I keep think he showed up later. I guess the large spacing between seasons is screwing with my memory.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m in shock that he showed up season 5. I keep think he showed up later. I guess the large spacing between seasons is screwing with my memory.

Season 6. When they take in the Black family (which doesn’t actually include Leon; he’s just a relative who lives in LA as I recall).

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Leon is the best part of later Curb but the seasons just before him are the best overall.

He brings the ruckus

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

MrMojok posted:

He brings the ruckus

What kind of stain was it?

The constant loving with his robe in that scene is one of the funniest things ever filmed.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“Ejaggalate?!”

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Irma Kostroski

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If she comes up to me and says “poop poop a doop” you know I’m tappin that rear end

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Leon just walking around eating the chips talking to Larrry is an evergreen bit for me and extremely relatable.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, I just saw season 6 ep 2. The Leon era has begun! He was falsely accused in the blanket incident, and he is out the gate like a ball of fire here folks.

Gina Gershon also annihilated.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/jon_hayman/status/1640748913497088005
End of an era!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

incredibly depressing. I may cry tonight in bed.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Tweet deleted, whatever it was.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Might have been related to this?

https://twitter.com/curb_david/status/1640767321332482061

They wrapped the final episode

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

opengl posted:

Tweet deleted, whatever it was.
I'll be honest: no idea if it's an actual legit account: https://twitter.com/jon_hayman

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I'm inclined to believe it. We know they're working on a new season, I'm pretty sure David has said it's going to be the last one. Seems plausible.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Larry said Season 5 would be the end almost 20 years ago.

But it wouldn't be surprising if this the end. Curb has been going on far longer that anyone could've ever expected out of Larry David.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
We already lost a Funkhauser, can the show survive the loss of a Lewis as well?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s the last but I’ll wait until I hear it from LD himself.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s the last but I’ll wait until I hear it from LD himself.
this. it’d make sense, BUT its also been the rumor during each of the last three seasons so

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lewis has Parkinson’s apparently. :( He’s retiring from stand-up and presumably acting too so this would make sense to have one last season of the show.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stare-Out posted:

Lewis has Parkinson’s apparently. :( He’s retiring from stand-up and presumably acting too so this would make sense to have one last season of the show.

https://twitter.com/therichardlewis/status/1650299772400701440?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

Sad but he seems to be in good spirits about everything. He looks and sounds healthier here than some other recent appearances I’ve seen of him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He's had a bunch of surgeries in the past few years, too, so that's probably why he seemed more worn out

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Curious timing to release this before Season 12 but after production had wrapped... especially if he knew the diagnosis 2 years ago.

It begs the question, will it be addressed in the show-universe? They've tackled Parkinson's before with Michael J. Fox.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just keep thinking about how Lewis’ only appearance last season was the “when are you gonna die already?” exchange which is one of the funniest moments in recent Curb history.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.indiewire.com/news/breaking-news/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-12-premiere-date-1234933452/

Feb 4

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That rules! I'm on season 9, so that'll be the first season I see while it's on.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/14/entertainment/curb-your-enthusiasm-end/index.html

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m still a little surprised it got more seasons than Seinfeld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Seinfeld had a deal where NBC would find room in their schedule whenever they felt they had enough to do a 10-episode season but no pressure from year to year, maybe it would have.