Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Previous post is updated for Carson's clue spending.

ROUND 7 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

The few lights left around William flash sporadically, and bring back memories of guilt and terror. Suffer 2 Horror (Will negates). (Will: ) Then, flip 2 Horror face up.

William draws Minor Shock (No additional effect. Flip this card facedown.)
William then flips it back up twice, since it's his only Horror card.

quote:

The cultist moves two spaces towards the nearest investigator, then attacks the investigator in its space with the lowest Strength. William is targeted!

The cultist weeps and apologizes, approaching with empty hands and begging for your forgiveness. Test Observation, Target 2. (Observation: ) If you pass, you recognize the ruse and lash out. The cultist takes 1 damage.

Horror Check: William vs. Cultist posted:

The cultist responds to the assault by smiling at you - almost pleasantly, teeth rotting and black. Suffer 1 Horror (Will negates). (Will: )

ROUND 8 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- All: Two actions.

MONSTERS
Kitchen: Cultist (HP 4/5, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2)

TOKENS
Lobby, Eugene: "Whatever are they doing here? Why are they after Mr. Vanderbilt?" (No action.)
Dining Room, Left Search: A china cabinet has been repurposed to store all manner of knicknacks.
Hall End, Search: A desk sits against the wall, being used as an endtable. Several large drawers appear locked by a combination.
Hall End, East Explore: You suspect this unmarked door leads to a bedroom.
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall. You hear bizarre noises from the other side. When you try the handle, the door is locked. (No action.)
Office, East Search: The oak desk has been kept in good condition. A number of papers and books are neatly stored on the desk's surface.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 8/9 Health. 5/5 Sanity.
You may move 1 additional space per Move action.
Brass Knuckles (When attacking unarmed, roll 2 extra dice.)
Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Once a round, you may reroll 1 die.)
Elder Sign Pendant (Roll an additional die whenever evading a monster.)
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when resolving a test.)

Carson Sinclair (berenzen)
Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 5 Clues. 6/8 Health. 6/6 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range may perform 1 action. Activate this ability only once per round.
Instill Bravery (Spell. Action: You or one investigator within range discard one Horror. Then flip this card.)
Wither (Attack Spell. Ranged, 2 Damage.)

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 5 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.
Whenever a Monster is defeated, gain 1 Clue.
King James Bible (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Horror.)
Whiskey (Action: Discard up to two facedown Horror, then flip this card.)
Sedatives (At the start of your turn, you may discard 3 Damage and 3 Horror. If you do, discard this card and end your turn.)
Knife (Bladed Weapon, Damage 1, Melee.)

Preston Fairmont (Iron Chef Ramen)
Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 5 Clues. 7/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.
Once per round, when you gain an Item, you may flip 1 Horror card facedown or discard 1 facedown Horror card.
Kerosene Lantern (Light Source. You may discard this card to turn all clue results into successes when attacking unarmed.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Damage.)
Lucky Cigarette Case (Once a round, you may convert a clue roll into a success.)
Old Journal (The journal of Lilith Vanderbilt. The pages are torn and frayed from hard use. Action: Read the journal.)
Paranoia. (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn within range of another investigator, flip 1 Horror face up.)

Second Post | Learn To Play | Rules Reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
Eugene say knock you out. I'm gonna knock you out (again, spend clues like water I'd be overjoyed if I can get this guy gone in one action)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Let's go grab that other search token in the office

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think I'll hold off on what Rita does until the combat and search token are resolved.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Move to the hall, read the journal.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 8 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE, CONT.

William attacks the cultist!

quote:

You whip the blade around, tracing vicious patterns through the air. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) If you fail, your motion is impressive, but ineffective.

quote:

You advance slowly on your foe, taking careful note of its footing. Test Observation, Target 2. (Observation: ) 1 Clue is used. If you pass, you act as soon as you see the cultist's feet shift; your foe lunges to intercept you, but you dodge deftly aside, carving a long slash in his arm and then plunging the knife into his back. The cultist takes damage equal to your weapon damage plus your test result.

The cultist takes 4 damage and is defeated. William regains his Clue.
Carson aims to get that key already.

quote:

On the desk, you find what appears to be a personal planner. As you pick up the slim volume, a key rattles from an interior compartment, attached to a string. You turn to the page it bookmarks and find a note scrawled there: "If the alignment truly weakens the veil, I believe that it is the only moment we have to break through. I will make the necessary preparations in the tower." Gain the Brass Key and Incriminating Evidence unique items. You place the planner back on the desk, and take a quick glance through the drawers. You find some items of use, but no other evidence. Gain the Candles common item, then discard this Search token.

:cthulhu: I wasn't sure if Preston was going straight forwards or ducking through the side door into the Hall Corridor, as opposed to the Hall End. I assumed he was headed for unexplored regions - ICR can override me if not.

Preston reads some more of the journal.

quote:

You flip forwards several months through the entries. The writing gets increasingly frantic and haphazard, until a photograph falls from between the pages. The photo shows several men in suits and reads: "Vanderbilt Astronomy Association". On the back, scrawled in the same hand: "I found William's books! Occult garbage, the lot of them! William's friends threatened me again - but I fear not for myself, but for all of us. R'lyeh wgah... fhtagn..." Suffer 1 Horror, and gain the Photographic Evidence Unique Item. The madness continues for pages, but right at the end a single entry stands out, written in a steadier hand. "It will not be long now. When I pass, I want my ashes spread along the coast. I always loved the sea." Gain 1 Clue.

Preston draws Nyctophobia: Keep faceup. Whenever you end your turn in a space with Darkness, suffer 1 facedown Horror.

:cthulhu: To be clear here, an investigator's turn ends after they take their two actions. Investigators take their turns in whichever order they wish, so cards like Paranoia aren't as crippling as they might sound.

Action Queue
- Rita: Two actions.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Lobby, Eugene: "Whatever are they doing here? Why are they after Mr. Vanderbilt?" (No action.)
Dining Room, Left Search: A china cabinet has been repurposed to store all manner of knicknacks.
Hall End, Search: A desk sits against the wall, being used as an endtable. Several large drawers appear locked by a combination.
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall. You hear bizarre noises from the other side. When you try the handle, the door is locked. (Action: You may explore this token only if you have the Brass Key.)
Office, East Search: The oak desk has been kept in good condition. A number of papers and books are neatly stored on the desk's surface.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 8/9 Health. 5/5 Sanity.
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when resolving a test.)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 5 Clues. 6/8 Health. 6/6 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range may perform 1 action. Activate this ability only once per round.
Instill Bravery (Spell. Action: You or one investigator within range discard one Horror. Then flip this card.)
Candles (Light Source. You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when casting a spell.)
Brass Key
Incriminating Evidence

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 5 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.
King James Bible (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Horror.)
Sedatives (At the start of your turn, you may discard 3 Damage and 3 Horror. If you do, discard this card and end your turn.)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 6 Clues. 7/8 Health. 3/6 Sanity.
Once per round, when you gain an Item, you may flip 1 Horror card facedown or discard 1 facedown Horror card.
Kerosene Lantern (Light Source. You may discard this card to turn all clue results into successes when attacking unarmed.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Damage.)
Lucky Cigarette Case (Once a round, you may convert a clue roll into a success.)
Old Journal (The journal of Lilith Vanderbilt. The pages are torn and frayed from hard use. You find nothing more of interest in its pages.)
Photographic Evidence
Paranoia. (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn within range of another investigator, flip 1 Horror face up.)
Nyctophobia: (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn in a space with Darkness, suffer 1 facedown Horror.)

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Does gaining the Photographic Evidence count as an item for my ability? If so I'd like to discard my facedown horror card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Does gaining the Photographic Evidence count as an item for my ability? If so I'd like to discard my facedown horror card.

Good point, it does.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

With the Cultist dead, Rita will double-move to Hall End East.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 8 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE, CONT.

Rita races off towards the bedroom and tower.

ROUND 8 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

A small symbol etched into the metal of the key you found comes alive at the touch of a finger. Your mind forms a strange and unwilling bond to some alien being for just a moment. Carson suffers 2 Horror (Will negates). (Will: ) Then flip 2 Horror face up.

Carson draws Minor Shock (No additional effect), then flips it up twice.

quote:

You start to hear the sound of voices chanting in unison, as if reverberating through the walls: "The ritual is nearly complete! Stop them!" A cultist bursts through the front door. A cultist is spawned. Quaking on his feet, Eugene yells with fright and flees into the Study.

quote:

The cultist moves 2 spaces towards the nearest investigator, then attacks the investigator in its space who has suffered the least damage. Preston is targeted!

The cultist gazes into your eyes and flourishes a knife - then turns it towards himself. For a brief moment, you feel as if your souls are linked - and as the knife plunges into the cultist's flesh, you feel matching wounds tear open across your body. Suffer 3 facedown Damage (Will-1 negates). (Will-1: ) The Cigarette Case is used. Then, the Cultist takes damage equal to the damage you took.

Preston and the cultist both suffer 2 Damage.

Horror Check - Cultist vs. Preston posted:

The cultist brandishes a sphere of dark crystal in one hand and reaches out to you with the other. Test Lore, Target 1. (Lore: ) If you pass, you recognize the danger and stay well clear of the grasping hand.

Horror Check - Cultist vs. Rita posted:

The cultist raises a hand, and one of your items transforms into a deadly viper. Test Observation, Target 2. (Observation: Reroll: ) If you fail, the illusion is too convincing and you reflexively fling the item away: drop 1 random Item in an adjacent space.

:cthulhu: Rita has the option of Focusing this, but you don't get to know what you'd drop. It would end up in Preston's space with the cultist, so you would not be able to pick it up without moving in and then doing an evade check.

ROUND 9 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

:cthulhu: Once again, Eugene has something more to say. If you'd like.

Action Queue
- Rita: Focus?
- All: 2 actions.

MONSTERS
Hall End: Cultist (HP 3/5, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2)

TOKENS
Lobby, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (Action: "Do you have any weapons?")
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall. You hear bizarre noises from the other side. When you try the handle, the door is locked. (Action: You may explore this token only if you have the Brass Key.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 5 Clues. 6/8 Health. 5/6 Sanity.
Candles (Light Source. You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when casting a spell.)
Brass Key
Incriminating Evidence

William Yorick (Istvun)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 6 Clues. 5/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.
Old Journal (The journal of Lilith Vanderbilt. The pages are torn and frayed from hard use. You find nothing more of interest in its pages.)
Photographic Evidence
Nyctophobia: (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn in a space with Darkness, suffer 1 facedown Horror.)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita won't use focus.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
ugh, I'm too far from anything useful this turn. Should I go badger eugene again or just head up north?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Double Move to Hall End: West.

Also, go try to badger Eugene again imo. Probably has evidence that we need to gather.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Crack knuckles, commence to pugilism.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm waiting to see what item I use and how pugilism goes.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I guess I have to spend the full turn going to eugene, because shouting is Forbidden

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

I guess I have to spend the full turn going to eugene, because shouting is Forbidden

There's a door in the way. That would just be uncouth.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 9 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Rita drops the Lucky Rabbit's Foot!

William barrels after Eugene.

Carson can only reach Hall Corner South. (Rita is the only one that can move 3 per move action, thanks to her innate. Everyone else is 2.)

Preston is going to manly box!

quote:

As the cultist lunges for you, you kick at his legs, hoping to knock it to the ground before its attack connects. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) The Cigarette Case is used. If you pass, you catch his knee - and with an audible crack his leg gives way, granting you a brief respite as he sprawls in pain. The cultist suffers damage equal to your test result, then you become Focused.

:cthulhu: 2 damage. 1 clue will get Preston to 3 damage, killing the cultist on the first action.

Action Queue
- Preston: Clue? / Other action.
- Rita: 2 actions.

MONSTERS
Hall End: Cultist (HP 3/5, Awareness 3, Horror 1, Brawn 2)

TOKENS
Lobby, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (Action: "Do you have any weapons?")
Hall End, Item: Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Once a round, you may reroll 1 die.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 5 Clues. 6/8 Health. 5/6 Sanity.
Brass Key
Incriminating Evidence

William Yorick (Istvun)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 6 Clues. 5/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.
Photographic Evidence

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Spend the clue to ensure the brutal murder, then pick up the Rabbit's Foot. I don't know if that counts as gaining it, but if it does, discard Nyctophobia.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

I'll give it back I swear.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I had to look that up, as I honestly wasn't sure. The best way I can describe it is that 'gain' is a specific keyword on events:

quote:

Blah blah blah Gain the Whatever Item.
Whereas picking up an item off the floor is part of trading items, not Gain-ing them. So you would not get to throw a Horror away.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

I figured it was something like that. Couldn't find it on my phone though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will hit up the search token. If it turns out to be a minigame that requires two actions' worth of moves, use the second action for that as well. Otherwise, second action is to hit the east explore token.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 9 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE, CONT.

Preston spends a Clue and drops the cultist, causing William to get a Clue instead. Preston then scoops up the Lucky Rabbit's Foot.
Preston's Paranoia fires!... but he has no Horror to flip face-up.

Rita checks the endtable.

quote:

You attempt to unlock the combination lock on the drawers. Tap to attempt the puzzle with Observation.

:cthulhu: This time, it's Mastermind! Here there's three spaces and five possibilities, and you get told each guess how many numbers you got right, and how many are the right number but in the wrong space. There's a couple of different ways to solve these by algorithm, I'm just gonna use an optimal solver. The general idea is that you take the entire set of possibilities, start with 112, and remove possibilities from the set. In this case...

:cthulhu: It got kinda slammed.

You figure out the combination, and the drawers pop open with an audible click. Inside, you find a grotesque statuette of an octopoid dragon, and something else that might be of use. Gain the Elder Ward common item, the Grotesque Stone unique item, and 1 Clue. Then discard this Search token.

Rita then explores!

quote:

The door opens into a bedroom that seems modest compared to the decor in the rest of the mansion.

Near the door, a small writing desk holds an immense book. A large sofa sits against the near wall opposite the master bed. Search tokens are placed.

You may move 1 space into the explored area.

Action Queue
- Rita: Move in?

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Study, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (Action: "Do you have any weapons?")
Bedroom 2, South Search: A modest writing desk sits in the corner of this room, holding a massive tome that almost covers the desk's entire surface.
Bedroom 2, North Search: A large sofa sits against the wall. You notice scuff marks on the floor by its feet.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 1 Clue. 8/9 Health. 5/5 Sanity.
Elder Ward (Roll an additional die whenever a monster attacks you.)
Grotesque Stone (Evidence.)

Brass Key
Incriminating Evidence (Evidence.)

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 5 Clues. 5/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.
Photographic Evidence (Evidence.)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yes, move in.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 9 - MYTHOS PHASE, PART 1

Event posted:

You hadn't noticed before, but something is odd about the walls here. The more you study them, the more they seem to yellow under your gaze, and an awful pattern of grooves suggest claw marks. Preston suffers 2 Horror (Will negates). (Will: )

Event posted:

As you flee the office, the sound of a woman weeping drifts through the mansion halls - and then the air grows icy cold. The ashes strewn about the office stir, and a ghostly figure rises from the shattered remnants of the urn. A Ghost is spawned, and each investigator suffers 2 Horror (Will negates).

Rita:
Carson:
William:
Preston:

Action Queue
- Preston (first event) / Rita and Carson (ghost): Spend Clues / Rabbit's Foot?

MONSTERS
Office: Ghost (HP , Awareness 2, Horror 5, Brawn 1. Phasing: Can move through impassable walls.)

TOKENS
Study, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (Action: "Do you have any weapons?")
Bedroom 2, South Search: A modest writing desk sits in the corner of this room, holding a massive tome that almost covers the desk's entire surface.
Bedroom 2, North Search: A large sofa sits against the wall. You notice scuff marks on the floor by its feet.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 1 Clue. 8/9 Health. 5/5 Sanity.

Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 5 Clues. 5/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Goddammit Rita.

Try the Rabbit's Foot, then spend a clue if it doesn't work.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Also move into the bedroom and search the tome.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Spend clues.

Move to hall end east when it gets to my turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

As a heads up, the mythos phase isn't over and the ghost is going to be taking actions this turn - I'm gonna say it will prrrobably change what you do. Ghosts are rough poo poo.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita spends a clue. Also it doesn't look like she moved into the room.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Rita spends a clue. Also it doesn't look like she moved into the room.

I didn't update the image, which is my bad - should be sorted in a sec.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 9 - MYTHOS PHASE, PART 2

Preston gets no luck with the Rabbit's Foot, spending a clue.
Rita spends a clue.
Carson spends 2 clues.

quote:

The ghost calls your name, but there is noone to hear it. The spirit vanishes, and reappears elsewhere. The Ghost moves to the nearest space within range of an investigator.

Horror Check - Preston vs. Ghost posted:

The spirit weeps into its hands, its tears falling through it to the ground below. "So alone. They left me all alone," it cries. Suffer 1 facedown Horror, then flip 1 Horror face up.

:cthulhu: Yup! No rolls! Ghosts are kinda rough!

Preston draws a facedown Horror, then flips it up as his only facedown Horror card.
Preston reveals Hysteria: Flip 1 Damage faceup, then flip this card facedown.
Preston reveals Demoralising Injury: Suffer 1 facedown Horror, then flip this card facedown.
Preston draws a facedown Horror.

Horror Check - Carson vs. Ghost posted:

Writhing in self-inflicted agony, the spirit slashes and tears at its tattered flesh. Pain flares through your own body in response. Suffer 2 facedown Damage, then flip 2 Horror face up.

Carson draws 2 facedown Damage.
Carson reveals Minor Shock: Flip this card facedown... twice.

ROUND 10 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- All: 2 actions.

MONSTERS
Hall Corner: Ghost (HP 5/5, Awareness 2, Horror 5, Brawn 1. Phasing: Can move through impassable walls.)

TOKENS

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 4/8 Health. 5/6 Sanity.
Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 4 Clues. 5/8 Health. 2/6 Sanity.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
ok I know exactly how to handle Eugene and I'm too far away to help with the ghost so good luck guys (if you all run away I guess it will come for me alone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know if Carson wants to double Wither the ghost or if Rita should run in with an elbow drop.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Double Wither the Ghost, use the candle to kill it if possible. Probably going to need those sedatives soon.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

holy poo poo

waiting to see if anyone can deal with the ghost

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Waiting for double wither resolution. Will come in with The People's Elbow if needed.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 10 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

William asks the important questions.

Do you have any weapons? posted:

"Y-yes-- yes, ah, here--" Eugene fumbles for a small key in his jacket pocket, and unlocks the bottom drawer of the writing desk. He pulls a revolver from the drawer, looks at his shaking arm for a moment, then pushes the gun into your hands. Gain the .38 Revolver common item.
Carson takes on the ghost.

quote:

The spirit howls and spins like a vortex as you race through the spell's ritual. Test Lore, Target 2. (Lore: ) If you pass, you manage to complete the hex in time; the Monster suffers damage equal to the Spell strength.

The Ghost takes 2 damage.

For a moment you see yourself in the face of your victim. Suffer 1 facedown Horror.

quote:

What God or nature made, you resolve to finally unmake for good. You chant the words you've learned, putting your heart into them. Test Lore, Target 2. (Lore: ) If you fail, the power eludes you, despite your determination.

You shout as the spell leaves your body, barely managing to direct its power. Another monster within range suffers 2 damage. If there are no other monsters within range, another investigator within range suffers 1 facedown Damage.

Preston takes the hit!
Rita comes in swinging... and, well... ghosts and corporeal objects...

quote:

You throw a desperate fist, but it proves as useless as expected. As anxiety and fear begin to flood your mind, the world goes black, and you feel something foreign working its way inside of you. Test Will, Target 2. (Will + Knuckles: ) If you pass, your eyes snap open a moment later to the sight of the ghost wisping into nothing, claw streaks distorting its form - though you cannot remember what you, or the other entity coursing through you, did to cause such a reaction. The monster suffers damage equal to your test result plus 2, and all other investigators in range suffer 1 facedown Horror.

The ghost is defeated! Carson and Preston both take a facedown Horror.

Action Queue
- Preston: 2 actions.
- William: 1 action.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Study, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (No Action.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 4/8 Health. 3/6 Sanity.
Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)
.38 Revolver (Firearm, Damage 3, Ranged.)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 4 Clues. 4/8 Health. 1/6 Sanity.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

:stonklol:

well

still go to the bedroom and search that tome in the hopes of Gaining something