Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Well poo poo. that didn't quite go according to plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I guess I'll head up to the north lobby. Next round if you're still sane I could pass you a stiff drink

also where's my money clue stelas

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, right, I'll edit that in.

ICR, given your situation I think I should prooobably ask in advance if you want to Rabbit's Foot / Cigarette Case / Clue or keep them in reserve for Mythos to prevent insanity. (It's gonna be a Lore check, no clear target.)

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Yeah, hold on to all of them for mythos phase.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

oh no

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 10 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

William hears the commotion and decides that's the perfect time to go get a Clue.
Preston bolts into the bedroom and decides that the best way to get Sanity in a Cthulhu mythos is to try reading a gigantic tome. This always works.

quote:

You pull a creaking, wooden chair up to the desk and attempt to decipher the archaic scribblings on the tome's pages. Test Lore. (Lore: ) As you read, the very words seem to twist and change before your eyes. The pages speak to you of unknowable truths that leave your mind reeling. Suffer 1 Horror and gain the Arcane Manuscript common item, then discard this search token.

:cthulhu: ahaha. Fortunately, from the rulebook: 'It is possible for multiple game effects to occur at the same time. In such a case, investigators as a group determine in which those effects are resolved.' While I'm at it, while I was searching for this ruling, I also found a rule that states 'you can interrupt a move action to perform a search or other action, then continue moving'. What the gently caress! That's news to me, and is absolutely not mentioned in the Learn to Play guide!

Preston discards a facedown Horror to avoid going Insane, and collects the Arcane Manuscript.
Preston draws Minor Shock: No additional effect, flip this card facedown.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Study, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (No Action.)
Dining Room, Left Search: A china cabinet has been repurposed to store all manner of knicknacks.
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall. You hear bizarre noises from the other side. When you try the handle, the door is locked. (Action: You may explore this token only if you have the Brass Key.)
Bedroom 2, South Search: A modest writing desk sits in the corner of this room, holding a massive tome that almost covers the desk's entire surface.
Bedroom 2, North Search: A large sofa sits against the wall. You notice scuff marks on the floor by its feet.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 8/9 Health. 5/5 Sanity.
You may move 1 additional space per Move action.
Brass Knuckles (When attacking unarmed, roll 2 extra dice.)
Elder Sign Pendant (Roll an additional die whenever evading a monster.)
Elder Ward (Roll an additional die whenever a monster attacks you.)
Grotesque Stone (Evidence.)
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when resolving a test.)

Carson Sinclair (berenzen)
Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 4/8 Health. 3/6 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range may perform 1 action. Activate this ability only once per round.
Instill Bravery (Spell. Action: You or one investigator within range discard one Horror. Then flip this card.)
Wither (Attack Spell. Ranged, 2 Damage.)
Candles (Light Source. You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when casting a spell.)
Brass Key
Incriminating Evidence (Evidence.)

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 7 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.
Whenever a Monster is defeated, gain 1 Clue.
King James Bible (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Horror.)
Whiskey (Action: Discard up to two facedown Horror, then flip this card.)
Sedatives (At the start of your turn, you may discard 3 Damage and 3 Horror. If you do, discard this card and end your turn.)
Knife (Bladed Weapon, Damage 1, Melee.)
.38 Revolver (Firearm, Damage 3, Ranged.)

Preston Fairmont (Iron Chef Ramen)
Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 4 Clues. 4/8 Health. 1/6 Sanity.
Once per round, when you gain an Item, you may flip 1 Horror card facedown or discard 1 facedown Horror card.
Kerosene Lantern (Light Source. You may discard this card to turn all clue results into successes when attacking unarmed.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Damage.)
Lucky Cigarette Case (Once a round, you may convert a clue roll into a success.)
Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Once a round, you may reroll 1 die.)
Arcane Manuscript (Roll an extra die when resolving a Lore test.)
Old Journal (The journal of Lilith Vanderbilt. The pages are torn and frayed from hard use. You find nothing more of interest in its pages.)
Photographic Evidence (Evidence.)
Paranoia. (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn within range of another investigator, flip 1 Horror face up.)
Nyctophobia: (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn in a space with Darkness, suffer 1 facedown Horror.)

Second Post | Learn To Play | Rules Reference

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

lol

berenzen I got you a present

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I think the game has decided that you guys are taking too long. Lord.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 10 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

Skittering and creeping, a flood of spiders emerge from their hiding places in the walls. Carson struggles to avoid the worst of their bites. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) If he fails, he receives many bites, and the venom makes the world warp around him. Suffer 1 facedown Damage, 2 Horror, and become Stunned.

Carson draws Minor Shock: No additional effect. Flip this card facedown.
Carson draws Frayed Nerves: Keep this face up. Roll 1 fewer die when attempting Will checks.

quote:

The chanting in the tower reaches a fevered peak, the sound of it reverberating through the manor as if unnaturally amplified. As the chant reaches its end, the door to the tower bursts open. "The ritual is complete! I will deal with you myself!" calls William Vanderbilt as he steps out, wearing a set of the cultist's robes. A Priest of Dagon is spawned.

quote:

Vanderbilt moves up to two spaces to be within range of as many investigators as possible, then attacks all investigators in range. Rita and Carson are targeted!

Vanderbilt mumbles a dark chant. You feel something writhing under your skin, as if alive. Suffer 2 facedown Damage.

Horror Check: Vanderbilt vs. Carson posted:

Vanderbilt grins, and you realize that smile is comprised of row after row of serrated, blackened teeth. Suffer 2 Horror (Will negates). (Will + Frayed Nerves: )

Carson draws Flashback: Flip one other Horror face up, then discard this card.
Carson flips Minor Shock: No additional effects. Flip this card facedown.

:cthulhu: Lucky (for certain values of luck)! Flashback is gone, so it isn't 'lasting' Horror, leaving Carson sane for the time being.

Horror Check: Vanderbilt vs. Rita posted:

Vanderbilt's skin seems slick with sweat. Your nose is filled with a smell like rotting fish and blood, and you grow increasingly nauseous. Suffer 1 facedown Horror and become Dazed.

ROUND 11 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- Carson: 1 action.
- Everyone else: 2 actions.

MONSTERS
Hall End: Priest of Dagon, William Vanderbilt (HP 10/10, Awareness 4, Horror 3, Brawn 2)

TOKENS
Study, Eugene: Eugene cowers by the writing desk. "Please! You must remove these ruffians from the estate!" (No Action.)
Dining Room, Left Search: A china cabinet has been repurposed to store all manner of knicknacks.
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall. You hear bizarre noises from the other side. When you try the handle, the door is locked. (Action: You may explore this token only if you have the Brass Key.)
Bedroom 2, South Search: A modest writing desk sits in the corner of this room, holding a massive tome that almost covers the desk's entire surface.
Bedroom 2, North Search: A large sofa sits against the wall. You notice scuff marks on the floor by its feet.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 6/9 Health. 4/5 Sanity.
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when resolving a test.)
Dazed (You may not spend Clues to gain additional puzzle steps or convert results. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 1/8 Health. 1/6 Sanity.
Action: Another investigator within range may perform 1 action. Activate this ability only once per round.
Instill Bravery (Spell. Action: You or one investigator within range discard one Horror. Then flip this card.)
Candles (Light Source. You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when casting a spell.)
Stunned (You may only take 1 action on your turn. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)
Brass Key
Frayed Nerves: (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll 1 fewer die when attempting Will tests.)

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 7 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.
King James Bible (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Horror.)
Sedatives (At the start of your turn, you may discard 3 Damage and 3 Horror. If you do, discard this card and end your turn.)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 4 Clues. 4/8 Health. 1/6 Sanity.
Once per round, when you gain an Item, you may flip 1 Horror card facedown or discard 1 facedown Horror card.
Kerosene Lantern (Light Source. You may discard this card to turn all clue results into successes when attacking unarmed.)
Medical Textbook (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Damage.)
Lucky Cigarette Case (Once a round, you may convert a clue roll into a success.)
Old Journal (The journal of Lilith Vanderbilt. The pages are torn and frayed from hard use. You find nothing more of interest in its pages.)
Paranoia. (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn within range of another investigator, flip 1 Horror face up.)
Nyctophobia: (Horror. Keep this card face up. Whenever you end your turn in a space with Darkness, suffer 1 facedown Horror.)

Stelas fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 6, 2020

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

This is a fun time to talk about what happens if you run out of Sanity or Health! In both cases, you don't actually die the first time you run out - instead, they can be considered breakpoints where the game gets harder for the team.

Losing all your Health makes you Wounded - you go back up to full HP, but you can no longer double-move. This is honestly more annoying than it sounds, especially on bigger maps.

Losing all your Sanity is a lot more funny. It makes you Insane - you go back up to full Sanity, but you draw a random card that gives you a personal goal that differs to that of the mission. It may be aligned to that of the other investigators, just with extra stipulations (win but hoard all the items, win but stay above a certain number of Clues) or it may be aligned against them (lose while ensuring there's a big fire, hold a weapon and be alone with another investigator and oops oh no I slipped), or it may say 'no change at all'. Of course, it's kept secret.

e: Looking through my list, my favorite one is from an expansion that isn't turned on, unfortunately. 'Aggression' is 'You win or lose the game as normal, but must start every sentence you say with 'No,'.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 6, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

:stonklol:

I think I'm gonna need those sedatives here soon.

I'll wait on my actions until everyone else has done theirs. I have a feeling that either using wither or Instill Bravery will either wound me or drive me insane.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita may not have a gun, but she apparently has the soul of The Rock inside her, so let's unleash both People's Elbows.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 11 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

:cthulhu: You'd think Eugene would have more dialog about this. Ah well.

Rita winds up!

quote:

You lunge at your foe's legs in an attempted tackle. Test Strength, Target 2. (Strength + Knuckles: ) If you fail, your foe nimbly dodges and you roll as you hit the ground.

:cthulhu: I'm kind of assuming that's going to get Focused (which is not spending Clues, so can be done even when you're dazed). If so, it will do 4 damage. (Test result + 1.)

quote:

You challenge your foe to fisticuffs. Vanderbilt pauses, sizing you up. Test Influence, Target 2, roll 2 extra dice if you have 3 or more Damage. (Influence + Knuckles + 2: ) If you pass, you take advantage of the confusion and deliver a powerful swing to the head; Vanderbilt takes damage equal to your test result.

Vanderbilt takes 2 Damage.

Action Queue
- Rita: Confirm Focus.
- Preston/William: 2 actions.

MONSTERS
Hall End: Priest of Dagon, William Vanderbilt (HP 8/10, Awareness 4, Horror 3, Brawn 2)

TOKENS

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 6/9 Health. 4/5 Sanity.
Dazed (You may not spend Clues to gain additional puzzle steps or convert results. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 1/8 Health. 1/6 Sanity.
Stunned (You may only take 1 action on your turn. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)
Brass Key
Frayed Nerves: (Horror. Keep this card face up. Roll 1 fewer die when attempting Will tests.)

William Yorick (Istvun)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If yorick comes to shoot Vanderbilt, let's give him another shot. Otherwise, give rita another swing at him.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 6, 2020

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yes, use Focused for the 4 damage.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Move north, search that tile. Staying away from Vanderbilt

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

berenzen posted:

If yorick comes to shoot Vanderbilt, let's give him another shot. Otherwise, give rita another swing at him.

Technically speaking, a turn in which you're Stunned is the best time to use sedatives! ... you know, if you don't mind keeping him alive a bit longer. What could go wrong?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'd rather Vanderbilt be dead and risk something happening to me on the next mythos phase rather than using the sedatives and then getting pumped full of damage again anyway.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can head into the room and shoot vanderbilt. Then if he's dead I can pass you the whiskey so at least you won't go insane.

e: oh, you were dazed and stunned. missed that.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So just to be clear, is the plan to double-tap Vanderbilt?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

So just to be clear, is the plan to double-tap Vanderbilt?

if he survives the first shot

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 11 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE, CONT.

Rita focuses, turning a miss into 4 damage!

Preston is having nothing to do with this loony.

quote:

You drag the sofa across the wooden floor and hear an audible click. You look under the seat to see a small alcove in the floor, holding a jumble of electrical wiring. You seem to have triggered something, and now you can hear a steady ticking from within. You attempt to rewire the device to stop the timer. Tap to attempt the puzzle using Observation.

:cthulhu: This time, it's a sliding puzzle that needs 5 steps to complete. Since Preston only has 3 Observation, you'd need to spend 2 Clues to do it in a single shot.
William props Carson up and lines up a shot.

quote:

:cthulhu: I've made the assumption that William's going to go to Carson's spot for later trading. Yell if that's wrong!

The gun roars and shakes in your hand. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) If you pass, your shot strikes true; Vanderbilt suffers damage equal to the weapon's strength.

Vanderbilt takes 3 Damage, and is left on 1 HP.
Carson allows William to take a second shot.

quote:

The world around you seems to slow as you aim down the barrel of your weapon, lining up a fateful shot. Test Agility, Target 2. (Agility: ) 2 Clues are used. If you pass, you bring all your focus to bear and fire with unerring accuracy; the monster suffers damage equal to the weapon's damage plus the results of your test.

Vanderbilt takes 5 damage and is defeated. William gets a Clue back.

:cthulhu: Vanderbilt, oddly, does not get any defeat text. Whatever could there be left to do?

Action Queue
- Preston: Spend 2 Clues?

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Oh poo poo a bomb

Yeah, spend the clues

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 11 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE, CONT.

Preston is having nothing to do with this loony, redux.

quote:

You drag the sofa across the wooden floor and hear an audible click. You look under the seat to see a small alcove in the floor, holding a jumble of electrical wiring. You seem to have triggered something, and now you can hear a steady ticking from within. You attempt to rewire the device to stop the timer. Tap to attempt the puzzle using Observation.

2 Clues are spent.

You deftly cut wires and twist others together to reroute the power. As the ticking stops, you hear a click from the other side of the wall out in the hallway. Gain 1 Clue, then discard this search token.

:cthulhu: That's the alternative route to finding the key - the door no longer needs the person carrying the key to open it.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall, cracked ajar. You hear bizarre noises from the other side.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 4/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 3 Clues. 4/8 Health. 1/6 Sanity.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 11 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

The lights flicker and then go out. Place Darkness in every space in the Bedroom and Hall End. This event targets all investigators in those spaces.

A low groan sounds from beneath your feet. Test Will, Target 2. (Will: ) If you pass, you convince yourself it is just the house settling... though it takes you some time to do so. Suffer 1 facedown Horror.

Preston has gone Insane! He discards all Horror cards, and draws an Insane condition.

:cthulhu: Wow, it super wanted Preston gone. If the check hadn't done it, the darkness would've next turn barring some serious Carson trickery. ... anyway, enjoy! ICR, check your PMs! Everyone else, you get to decide whether to trust Preston!

ROUND 12 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- All players: 2 actions.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Hall End, North Explore: A weathered door stands at the end of the hall, cracked ajar. You hear bizarre noises from the other side.

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)

Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 3 Clues. 4/8 Health. 6/6 Sanity.
Insane (Look at the back of this card, but do not reveal it to the other investigators. If you run out of Sanity, you are eliminated.)

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Pull up a chair, smoke a cigarette, read the Medical Textbook twice.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll pass Carson the sedatives and whiskey and then venture forth into the darkness (though I would like the candle if carson's willing)

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yorick can take the candles, then I'm gonna skip my turn to get high.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 7, 2020

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Not bothering with a full update as the board state hasn't changed (William cannot get to the door to open it after trading with Carson) so it's just Rita left to go.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rita will move and open the door, hoping it doesn't have more than one monster behind it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 12 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Preston is completely sane, reading a medical textbook by the light of a kerosene lantern as cultists chant around him.

:cthulhu: In the case of the sedatives, this allows you to discard faceup Horror or Damage. I'll assume those go first.

William trades with Carson, then heads towards the tower.
Carson self-medicates.
Rita opens the fateful door.

quote:

As you open the door to the tall tower, the stairs and walls creak as if exhaling a breath of dusty air. Boxes and other objects are piled against the walls, and a massive circle of runes has been carved into the floor beneath the bell.

The air is electric with an unearthly energy, and the entire scene is bathed in a sickly green glow. You are too late; a massive rift to another world has been opened. On the other side, bizarre cyclopean architecture of craven rock is built at angles that defy understanding. An inhuman script adorns the structures, winding over their surfaces. An interact token is placed.

You may move 1 space into the explored area.

The investigation is complete if the portal is closed successfully. Investigators win when the investigation is complete.

:cthulhu: Okay, so Rita only moved 2 spaces there out of her 3. Now that I've found a rule I missed ages ago, Rita may first move in, then use the last point of movement from her move to head up to the token if she so wishes. There is very little reason not to beeline for it, so for the sake of hurrying us along I'll just go do that.

ROUND 12 - MYTHOS PHASE

quote:

Every flame in the mansion leaps and spits suddenly as if possessed of a demonic life of its own. This event affects everyone with a Light Source. (William, Preston)

The flames flare brightly, spitting sparks and embers at you. Suffer 3 facedown Damage (Agility+1 negates). If you suffer any Damage, drop the Light Source and place Fire in your space.

William, Agility+1:
Preston: Agility+1:

:cthulhu: Man, what a time to roll hot.

quote:

An unearthly sound shudders the estate, leaving your ears ringing. A violent wind begins tearing through the halls. Floors and walls begin to splinter apart, debris flying around you. Each investigator suffers 3 Damage (Agility negates).

Rita:
Carson:
William:
Preston: Rabbit Foot: ) The Cigarette Case is used.

:cthulhu: ... probably I should not have said anything.

Rita draws Stinging Pain: Immediately drop two random Items. Flip this card face down.
The Brass Knuckles and Grotesque Stone are dropped!
Rita draws Minor Injury: No effect. Flip this card face down.

Carson draws Gut Shot: Become Stunned, then discard this Damage.
Carson draws Grim Resolve: Become Focused. Flip this card face down.
Carson draws Minor Injury: No effect. Flip this card face down.

William draws Minor Injury: No effect. Flip this card face down.
William draws Broken Arm: Keep this card face up. If you ever have more than 2 Items, drop all but 2 of your Items.

Preston draws Grievous Injury: Take an extra facedown Damage. Flip this card face down.
Preston draws a face down Damage.

ROUND 13 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Action Queue
- William: Choose 2 Items to drop.
- Everyone Else: 2 actions.

:cthulhu: At this point, I am going to assume that Clues are just 'use absolutely whenever'.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Bell Tower, Item: Brass Knuckles (When attacking unarmed, roll 2 extra dice.)
Bell Tower, Item: Grotesque Stone (Evidence.)
Bell Tower, Interact: A rift in the very fabric of reality peers into an alien landscape. Cyclopean architecture marked with eldritch script looms on the other side. (Action: Enter the portal.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 4/9 Health. 4/5 Sanity.

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 2/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.
Stunned (You may only perform one action this round. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when performing a test.)
Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 2/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.
Broken Arm (Damage. Keep this card face up. If you ever have more than 2 Items, drop all but 2 of your Items.)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 3 Clues. 4/8 Health. 6/6 Sanity.
Insane (Look at the back of this card, but do not reveal it to the other investigators. If you run out of Sanity, you are eliminated.)

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I guess I'l drop the bible and the candle. If carson wants to give me an action I'll wait for that. Otherwise I'll run up to the glowy thing

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

...nah I won't pick anything up. Use the glowy thing first action.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Give william an action

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Move down, left, and read my very interesting medical manuscript

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Actually I guess I should still ask for Clues because you might have to balance staying alive vs. doing a thing. Theoretically if the token is a puzzle you could just go 'give me 7 extra steps'.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Save my clues for anything that would reduce me below 3 health.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm jumping straight into the glowy portal

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ROUND 13 - INVESTIGATOR PHASE

Carson tells William to hurry up.
Preston is still reading his textbook in the dark.

Rita tries the portal.

quote:

You step through the rift into the other reality and attempt to decipher the script on the buildings. Tap to attempt the puzzle using Lore.

:cthulhu: Mastermind, 5 symbols, 5 slots. Rita's 3 Lore doesn't get her there, and she has no Clues to get extra steps. Though she does have a second action...
William joins her.

quote:

The writing still eludes you. You try again. Tap to attempt the puzzle using Lore.

:cthulhu: William gets it on the second try. I wonder if a solver makes it too easy... Anyway.

You decipher the arcane script, and it reveals the secret of the cult's magics to you. You believe that with this knowledge, you could reverse the ritual using the cult's own circle!

Action Queue
- Rita: 1 action.

MONSTERS
None!

TOKENS
Hall End, Item: King James Bible (Action: You or one investigator within range may discard one facedown Horror.)
Hall End, Item: Candles (Light Source. You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when casting a spell.)
Bell Tower, Item: Brass Knuckles (When attacking unarmed, roll 2 extra dice.)
Bell Tower, Item: Grotesque Stone (Evidence.)
Bell Tower, Interact: A circle of runes is carved into the wooden floor and adorned with various ritual objects. It was recently used to create a rift, but you think it could be used to reverse it by applying information you have gathered about the ritual, or by using your own occult knowledge. (Action: Perform the ritual.)

INVESTIGATORS
Rita Young (Circlmastr)
Strength 5, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 3, Influence 2, Will 4. 0 Clues. 4/9 Health. 4/5 Sanity.

Strength 3, Agility 2, Observation 5, Lore 4, Influence 4, Will 3. 3 Clues. 2/8 Health. 4/6 Sanity.
Stunned (You may only perform one action this round. Discard this card at the end of your turn.)
Focused (You may discard this card to convert all clue results to successes when performing a test.)
Brass Key

William Yorick (Istvun)
Strength 4, Agility 3, Observation 4, Lore 3, Influence 3, Will 4. 6 Clues. 2/7 Health. 6/7 Sanity.
Broken Arm (Damage. Keep this card face up. If you ever have more than 2 Items, drop all but 2 of your Items.)

Strength 4, Agility 4, Observation 3, Lore 2, Influence 5, Will 3. 3 Clues. 5/8 Health. 6/6 Sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ugh, this may well be a check on what evidence we have, but Rita goes for it.