Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
She also is immortal as that form, and she just reverts to her nearly immortal original form after it takes enough damage. It seems like a good way to save herself from a huge piercing attack since the only other way to kill high defense seems to be poison, which, well, you know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the demon form at the very least is a 2nd hp bar and its what I assumed she'd use to beat the red emperors or tank the suicide but lol

Also wouldn't surprise me if she somehow gets that cheat death skill from being hit that hard.

Kild fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 19, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just wonder if the final form for the final end of season fight is some fusion of all three forms

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If Wool Maple doesn't somehow play a key role in this battle I will be extremely disappointed.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Sindai posted:

If Wool Maple doesn't somehow play a key role in this battle I will be extremely disappointed.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Just wonder if the final form for the final end of season fight is some fusion of all three forms

A giant mech demon with a halo? It sounds like something out of EVA.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LorneReams posted:

A giant mech demon with a halo? It sounds like something out of EVA.

Can you think of a greater act of dominance then making it clear that you are the true final boss?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

A woolly Mecha-Godzilla with a halo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maple finds a way to combine Wooly and Halo Field to make a Wooly Field that leave all the enemies incapacitated.

Hydra then soaks the sky and everyone is trapped in a poisonous cocoon of death.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The following picture is a spoiler from Volume 8, look at your own risk:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/728/503/b94.jpg

Darth Walrus posted:

Most skills seem to be available to everyone an unlimited number of times, but are often difficult and obscure to get. Maple's advantage isn't that she's a hoarder of limited resources, but that she constantly goes for things that most players wouldn't even imagine trying. In those circumstances, newbie welfare is incredibly valuable, and we've got a demonstration of that with the twins, a pair of total scrubs who ended up becoming the mighty fists of the deadliest being in NewWorld Online.

More like she has a bunch of bullshit combinations fall into her lap by the will of writer.

Like, let's be honest here. I like bofuri and everything but there's absolutely no reason she just happens to get a skill that requires the destruction of your equipment when she already just happened to have the one armor that regenerated stronger instead of simply being indestructible like everyone else's. Or that she just happens to fall into the activation zone of a quest that just happened to require the item she just happened to pick up in a section of a previous quest area.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kyte posted:

The following picture is a spoiler from Volume 8, look at your own risk:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/728/503/b94.jpg

More like she has a bunch of bullshit combinations fall into her lap by the will of writer.

Like, let's be honest here. I like bofuri and everything but there's absolutely no reason she just happens to get a skill that requires the destruction of your equipment when she already just happened to have the one armor that regenerated stronger instead of simply being indestructible like everyone else's. Or that she just happens to fall into the activation zone of a quest that just happened to require the item she just happened to pick up in a section of a previous quest area.

It's a comedic exaggeration, chief. The whole joke is that she's getting stuff nobody else has through a combination of enthusiasm and ignorance, like an integer overflow of gamer incompetence.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for the machine god thing, i suspect there were more activation gears laying around. it's just that that area had only been open for two days, so no one else had stumbled into that area yet. it's even possible that it wasn't intended to be beaten, since most players would simply die after it shot lasers at them for a while. of course, it's completely ridiculous how it rewarded an unbalanced super mecha transformation, but completely ridiculous is how this show rolls.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Maple's just snowbally. The rewards in this game are scaled to the difficulty but she can clear basically all content. This would be her first death if Payne's attack is actually lethal right?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah. I bet that Sally is going to do pull off some HP transfer skill or something though to save her.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
In my head canon, the machine god form was only supposed to work during a cinematic event during that boss fight. Maple broke the scripting when she showed up to the boss fight in a transformed state, and kept the ability to use whenever she wanted.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Speaking of breaking scripting, I wonder if Maple will be punished for breaking the fire cage. Her machine form is larger than the cage so her escape might have basically been a wallhack type exploit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I hate flame-witch.

CrazySalamander posted:

Speaking of breaking scripting, I wonder if Maple will be punished for breaking the fire cage. Her machine form is larger than the cage so her escape might have basically been a wallhack type exploit.
Devs should be more like EVE devs , "oh, we didn't really plan for that but seems like a good strategy, carry on!"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 19, 2020

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

I hate flame-witch.

Give her a break, it sounds like she's probably an elementary school kid.

Edit:

FilthyImp posted:

Devs should be more like EVE devs , "oh, we didn't really plan for that but seems like a good strategy, carry on!"

Welcome to MapleSwarm.

CrazySalamander fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 19, 2020

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

I hate flame-witch.

How dare you

I adored her being the first one to call the game out for being busted lol

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

Maple's just snowbally. The rewards in this game are scaled to the difficulty but she can clear basically all content. This would be her first death if Payne's attack is actually lethal right?

Didn't Maple reveal during the Articuno fight that she has an ability that leaves her with 1HP when she gets hit by otherwise fatal attacks once per day. So in theory Payne's attack shouldn't be enough to kill her, even if it was strong enough to completely pierce through her defense.

Then she can bust out her demon form, which comes with an set 1000HP, so she can essentially heal herself back up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The final episode is just Maple getting banned.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

Maple is Bahamut.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Electric Phantasm posted:

The final episode is just Maple getting banned.
Next event (season ender?) Is just Maple Raid.

It's weird that Mape hasn't just been in deadly environments just to get the resistances to them. Oh yeah, just swimming in lava now, because I earned the passive skill Hot Blooded so all fire damage gives me more... uh... vitality?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

Next event (season ender?) Is just Maple Raid.

It's weird that Mape hasn't just been in deadly environments just to get the resistances to them. Oh yeah, just swimming in lava now, because I earned the passive skill Hot Blooded so all fire damage gives me more... uh... vitality?

I imagine that the rest of the guild is nervous about trying to powergame the absurdity that is Maple in fear of what she could do next. Like if this was just a fantasy setting then I am pretty sure the Evil Overlord would have handed Maple their empire and go hide somewhere.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It cannot be overstated how loving bullshit it would be that you are playing a fantasy MMO, pvping a gal thats barely has taken 5% of her life bar in damage and you've consumed like 5 MP bars to get her there and she just loving turns into metal gear and owns you and your guild.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The people playing for fun don’t really care and laugh it off, but the super serious people lose their minds which I enjoy seeing. It’s the best troll.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The reddit for this game probably is super salty yes

Maple is just FFXIV boss transitions one after another

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

How dare you

I adored her being the first one to call the game out for being busted lol

I love how she drops her RP persona when she's frustrated and just starts bawling.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The reddit for this game probably is super salty yes

Maple is just FFXIV boss transitions one after another

Someone organise a campaign to get Square to do a crossover event with FFXIV/Bofuri. They've done it with weirder franchises.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

LorneReams posted:

The people playing for fun don’t really care and laugh it off, but the super serious people lose their minds which I enjoy seeing. It’s the best troll.

tbh I'd just quit right there, because my top concern when it comes to games, above literally anything up to and including the moneygrubbing level, is for it to respect my time.

Making somebody feel like they wasted their time is the cardinal sin in a game.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 20, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoy a game if it allows me to have fun. If something happens and I get wiped out but it's in a dumb way that makes me go "Wha--? What happened? Hahahahaha! For real?!" I can respect that.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Kyte posted:

tbh I'd just quit right there, because my top concern when it comes to games, above literally anything up to and including the moneygrubbing level, is for it to respect my time.

Making somebody feel like they wasted their time is the cardinal sin in a game.

I was thinking about how we are used to PCs maintaining non-stop healing and coming back from the brink over and over during a long fight, whereas if the monster did that, it'd be intolerable. We want to see that great big enemy HP meter steadily tick down.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Myok posted:

I was thinking about how we are used to PCs maintaining non-stop healing and coming back from the brink over and over during a long fight, whereas if the monster did that, it'd be intolerable. We want to see that great big enemy HP meter steadily tick down.

Having Yukari or Mitsuru full-healing a boss when charmed is one of the most rage-inducing things that has ever happened to me in a video game. I've never thrown a controller, and the worst I really do is sigh and turn off the console, but holy poo poo.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Paracelsus posted:

Having Yukari or Mitsuru full-healing a boss when charmed is one of the most rage-inducing things that has ever happened to me in a video game. I've never thrown a controller, and the worst I really do is sigh and turn off the console, but holy poo poo.

Didn't that famously break someone online?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Myok posted:

absolute virtue, the legendary terribly designed raid boss, had a full heal.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I remember the first time I got to the Land of the Summons in Final Fantasy II IV when I was like 10 and Queen Asura started using Curaga and Curaja at random and it was like "Are you serious?" :negative:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I used to heal the bosses in DCUO. It was funny. Futility in trying to kill me or Bizzaro or whomever.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'd be in for BofuriXOverlyCautiousHero

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It cannot be overstated how loving bullshit it would be
Yeah, it reminds me of Gil in SF3. Full-screen projectile super, auto-resurrect, multi-hit attacks. . .

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

I'd be in for BofuriXOverlyCautiousHero

Yeah, it reminds me of Gil in SF3. Full-screen projectile super, auto-resurrect, multi-hit attacks. . .

he treats everyone like garbage and no one is allowed to do that to maple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he treats everyone like garbage and no one is allowed to do that to maple

Seiya does seem like the exact sort of super-serious tryhard that Maple would be the perfect punchline to, though.