Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Chimera-gui posted:

Gather round Fivers and I shall give my own history with this franchise and my thoughts on what's been shown so far.

First and foremost, I'm a Third Generation Hunter meaning I started with Monster Hunter Tri on the original Wii

how does a twelve-year-old manage to act so pompous

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

u no handler has lots of costumes n monster hunter has had food and chef themed weapons and armor since the beginning

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

2G (Freedom Unite to the US) is pretty stingy with, uh, everything. Compared to World... Let's just say that in World there is no such thing as a limited resource. Lots of content in both, but lots of resources in World with which to enjoy it all.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Maccao isn't a raptor and Jaggi's big contribution is that he's superficially similar to a 'drome but is specifically a pack hunter - in earlier games you mostly didn't need to worry other 'prey but in Tri the little Jaggis would take potshots if you were near them. I like that it got expanded and, uh, expanded in World as Jagras will skulk about the edges of a Great Jagras fight but if you end up among them they'll dogpile you.

One of the really neat things about critical analysis is that when you delve any deeper than superficially you often find the things that set the choices that some extremely intelligent and capable people made into motion. Maccao is exactly what he is intended to be and accomplishes that admirably, while Jaggi's focus is on being more aware of the changing nature of your surroundings: moment-to-moment situational awareness rather than just learning the best place to stand. Even the 'dromes are there to teach you about the ranges you are going to have to deal with for the rest of the game - while they're small and don't hit terribly hard they have attacks that can hit from where a much larger monster would.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I miss having to burly flex whenever I drink a potion. My friends can't stand when I shotgun a beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

As far as I know there aren't any forms of damage that won't take a monster to zero except turf wars. This can lead to some very funny situations later in the game.

Doesn't tranqing a monster while it's sleeping and poses no danger feel a little... Unfair? Y'almost gotta wonder who the threat here is.