Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
After re-watching some of the highlights from the NFL Conference Championship I wouldn't be surprised is Pettine is gone from Green Bay. What an awful gameplan defensively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

packers defense looked like hot garbage and if they tried to adjust to stop the run (lol) I didn't notice

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

DariusLikewise posted:

After re-watching some of the highlights from the NFL Conference Championship I wouldn't be surprised is Pettine is gone from Green Bay. What an awful gameplan defensively.

He's clearly on the hot seat, but he's hanging around for another year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fat Jesus posted:

packers defense looked like hot garbage and if they tried to adjust to stop the run (lol) I didn't notice

DariusLikewise posted:

Going by snapcounts, the Packers played a 2-3 Nickel D all year, with the last spot being a 20/40/40 split between DL / LB / DB

They just weren't built to face that kind of rushing attack.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DariusLikewise posted:

Defense letting the Packers down in the NFCCG against the NFCWest you say? :hawksin:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's not really similar at all. The Niners didn't need to rely on bullshit and questionable ref decisions for a comeback because they straight up pushed in their poo poo during all four quarters.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

quote:

Pettine used three defensive linemen on 43 of the 49ers’ 55 gradable snaps. Other than a couple of plays, however, it wasn’t until the midway mark of the fourth quarter that the coordinator sold out with a six-man front that included three 300-pounders and three outside linebackers.

The Packers could have done that much earlier. Given how the run defense was performing, what harm would it have done? But for 3 ˝ quarters, Pettine remained steadfast trying to prevent Garoppolo and tight end George Kittle from beating him rather than Mostert and the 49ers’ run-blocking unit.

Reposting from the NFC North thread but .. yeah. Not great. It was - just like the last 49ers game - a complete breakdown and they sucked at every minute and didnt adjust. Not a good look! Also their high first round draft pick only played the kneel down snaps which is now an entire year of wasted production from Rashan gary.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's not really similar at all. The Niners didn't need to rely on bullshit and questionable ref decisions for a comeback because they straight up pushed in their poo poo during all four quarters.

Look if we can't both poo poo on the Packers losing to NFCWest teams in the playoffs we really don't have any common ground.

Also you wish Jimmy could lead a team back from four picks to victory

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Its Rinaldo posted:

Look if we can't both poo poo on the Packers losing to NFCWest teams in the playoffs we really don't have any common ground.

True. I'm sorry.

quote:

Also you wish Jimmy could lead a team back from four picks to victory

I hope he never has to.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Kalli posted:

Going by snapcounts, the Packers played a 2-3 Nickel D all year, with the last spot being a 20/40/40 split between DL / LB / DB

They just weren't built to face that kind of rushing attack.

Pettine played this 49ers defense once already this year and he knew this defense didn't work and he literally didn't change a thing. What are the odds Shanahan watched the tape of the GB defense and realized very very quickly that they didn't move out of base for anyone and decided to go run-heavy? Za'Darius Smith was lined up over center a bunch of times, it was horrible

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hey, I hope those of you who expressed interest in a Kansas City Chiefs gangtag are still interested, because this took me loving forever.

I’ve gotten partial to “Rollin’ With Mahomies” myself, so here’s a full-size sample tag using that.

For some reason whenever I pull a shrunken version from Google Drive and upload it to Imgur, the background changes from transparent to white. If anybody knows how to fix that, please tell me, because I have run out of ideas.

I think I’d like it better if it had some animation, but I don’t know what animation to add. Do y’all have any suggestions?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You could have the arrowhead roll in I guess? And when it settles down have the bottom part show up.

Not sure how this would actually work but it seems to fit with what you're trying to do.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Alright, I finally figured out how to resize the tag to 180 pixels without losing transparency.

The top one was shrunk with cubic interpolation. The bottom one used linear interpolation. I’m not sure if there’s a difference.

EDIT: The outer edges should look better now.

EDIT 2: Is there a cleaner way to shrink this to 180 pixels than GIMP?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 26, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hate the Chiefs but that is a drat nice looking tag

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I'm rolling with beautiful Jimmy G but that is a nice tag.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

I think I’d like it better if it had some animation, but I don’t know what animation to add. Do y’all have any suggestions?

Okay I have an idea.

Every few seconds, have a car in Chiefs colors with huge obnoxious rear end rims and Mahomes’s face pasted over the front window move across the image from left to right.

Only problem is, I don’t know dick about animating poo poo, so I’m gonna need to farm this part out to someone. Any takers?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
haha, that owns and I wish I knew animation poo poo because I'd totally hook you up if I did.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I love this

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hmm, well...... I guess there’s really no reason I couldn’t look up some tutorials on Google and do the animation myself in GIMP. I only need a few frames, and I think I’ve already got all the images I need. It can’t be that hard. :shrug:

... and of course, in typical “me overthinking poo poo” fashion, I am now wondering if I should also bother going through the extra effort to make the wheels spin too. :shepface:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I. M. Gei posted:

... and of course, in typical “me overthinking poo poo” fashion, I am now wondering if I should also bother going through the extra effort to make the wheels spin too. :shepface:

No one is going to notice this or care, if it helps.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Pettine played this 49ers defense once already this year and he knew this defense didn't work and he literally didn't change a thing. What are the odds Shanahan watched the tape of the GB defense and realized very very quickly that they didn't move out of base for anyone and decided to go run-heavy? Za'Darius Smith was lined up over center a bunch of times, it was horrible

Not having middle linebackers has been the biggest problem on the defense all season. Also only one really good dlineman (Clark) and a couple okay at best ones.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not having middle linebackers has been the biggest problem on the defense all season.

Hmmmm....

Hmmm...

I don't like this observation.

e: Oh wait are you just saying you didn't use them and aren't saying they were terrible while on the field? That changes things slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Hmmmm....

Hmmm...

I don't like this observation.

e: Oh wait are you just saying you didn't use them and aren't saying they were terrible while on the field? That changes things slightly.

No, no. They're all bad.