Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My friend was at the London premiere the other day and enjoyed it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m really looking forward to hearing the theme music, and seeing what it’ll be. Maybe they’ll pay homage to the TNG theme, maybe it’ll be dubstep?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I thought I had it but realized I was humming the Downton Abbey theme.

They’ve both got similar staccato violin sections with smoother themes playing over them, so you’re not a million miles off base.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Croatoan posted:

I have 2 Hallmark ornaments of the Discovery as one was a Christmas gift. I'll ship it to you free if you pay shipping. PM me if interested.

I’ll take it if Rhyno isn’t interested!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

Embargoed. The first episode had a premiere in London a few days ago.

Indeed. My friend went and enjoyed it, but can’t say more.

Also, this happened there. :kimchi:

https://twitter.com/patstewartnews/status/1217519665188089856

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pyrotek posted:

Does this even count as spoiler? Supposedly they just use the TNG theme, no changes.

Huh, that’s definitely not been said anywhere I’ve seen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pyrotek posted:

Are you saying you've specifically seen otherwise or not heard details at all? It is entirely possible the person on twitter who said they saw the premiere was bullshitting.

The latter, I’ve not heard anything about it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ashpanash posted:

Yeah. I hadn't heard that, but if true, my guess would be they used it as a temporary track at the premiere or with review copies.

That’s my thinking too. When the first episode of the Doctor Who revival leaked in 2005, the theme tune on that wasn’t the new arrangement, but the original 1963 theme.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, throw them up for a couple of days at least.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

La Sirena feels way too open, especially on that upper level.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

multijoe posted:

What if they made a Star Trek where the events of the episodes were largely resolved inside the same episodes and they didn't have to build towards saving the entire Federation from extinction every season? They could even use the format to dedicate whole episodes to exploring individual characters and putting them in strange and interesting situations which, again, don't have to build towards of season arc of saving the Federation of exploding. Does anyone think such a format could work, in Star Trek?

Ah, the new Doctor Who issue, which culminated in the destruction of Reality! Itself!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is Delta Flyers a commentary track? Or just to watch after?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’d like more Elnor, I think there’s plenty of mileage in ‘innocent little boy in man’s body who’s also a deadly assassin’ as a character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopefully it means he’ll act a bit younger. Doddery old man Picard felt too weak at times.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mllaneza posted:

My Dinner With Riker. Every episode someone else visits and they all hang out and cook and eat amazing food with weird alien ingredients mixed in.

I would absolutely watch that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cool, let’s keep posting about Westworld season 3 in the Trek thread.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The doctor who comes with a martini kit, rather than medicine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Forget about sexuality for a moment. I question the judgment of any person who looks at Rios and goes "Yes, this is a good idea for a romance."

But damaged goods hidden in a gorgeous package are very tempting.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

precision posted:

There's also a credible leak about a Mass Effect remaster, which is an obvious license to print money and they better not gently caress it up too bad

My one hope is they get Earth round the right way in ME1.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zaroff posted:

Did they reference McCoys age when he hosed Dax? I'm sure they'd be tempted to include that...

He was at Ole Miss* at the time, I think?

*ole miss sucks, geaux tigers

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gonz posted:

I am very excited to one day upload my consciousness into a series of massive supercomputers located deep inside the Moon.

No no, heaven is a place on Earth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

xerxus posted:

Fringe was alright.

Fringe was great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Eighties ZomCom posted:

The last season was a bit meh but overall Fringe was great.

:hai:

Final season felt like a completely different show, and didn’t really fit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Frakes has said he’s directing some Strange New Worlds episodes. :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yo, you want to stop spoiling other series in the Trek thread?

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 15, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s a very weak argument. I’m watching Babylon 5 for the first time, and posting in its own thread. People there are cool about not posting spoilers for a nearly 30 year old show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

What did Quebec do?

It knows.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

actual natively French-speaking person
Quebecois

Pick one. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NSFW

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Edit: thought it was new.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lower Decks will launch August 6th on CBS All Access, still no word on non-US/Canada release.

Edit: poster

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 1, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They reference Enterprise events in Disco, they are somewhat aware.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I think it looks alright, and I’m glad they’re using proper LCARS and proper TNG era sound effects and whatnot. I’ll happily give it a chance. Y’all are just dead inside. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, I’m down with that. Do it, Strange New Worlds, have Kirk’s only cameo be coming out of Spock’s quarters the morning after.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don’t know, it reads like a boomer when they think they’re being cutting, but they’re just tying themselves up in weird personal similes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I would have watched an entire series of Weird poo poo Happens At The Borg Cube.

They put forward the fantastic idea this was basically a haunted house investigation in space, and then completely ignored it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I don't think they care enough about continuity not to use Daniels

I just don't think they care about Enterprise enough to use Daniels

Maybe a time traveling Robert Duncan McNeil but he's playing federation badboy Nicholas Parris (original character do not pay royalties)

They mentioned the Defiant crossing to the mirror universe from Enterprise, an event they could have ignored.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’re just going 1000 years in the future to prove Edison/Krall right that unity is a weakness. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They never said definitively when “Calypso” was set, only that it had been 1,000 years since Discovery had been abandoned. It could take place 1,000 years after this upcoming season.

Maybe they end up abandoning Discovery to serve as a template for the next time the Federation falls or loses its way. Which seems to run on 1000 year cycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There was rumblings a couple of days ago that The Orville had been cancelled too, and the producers had to go ‘no, that’s rubbish’.