Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Lions went 3-12-1.

They're not the worst team in Detroit.

The Pistons are 19-41, two games from dead last in the junior varsity conference.

The Tigers went 47-114, the fourth-worst record in the 60 years since baseball expanded to the 162 game schedule.

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its gonna rule when Detroit finishes 4th in the lotto

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Lions went 3-12-1.

The Pistons are 19-41, two games from dead last in the junior varsity conference.

The Tigers went 47-114, the fourth-worst record in the 60 years since baseball expanded to the 162 game schedule.

:gonk:

my lord. what is happening in detroit that they can't get one decent team in any goddamn league..

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens have now lost 5 in a row. Matt Murray continues to cost the team points and Jack Johnson remains insanely loving trash. With tonight's outing I think Murray falls bellow .900 lol. Fortunately Dumo and Marino should be back soon and I never have to see Zach Trotman try to play again.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens have now lost 5 in a row. Matt Murray continues to cost the team points and Jack Johnson remains insanely loving trash. With tonight's outing I think Murray falls bellow .900 lol. Fortunately Dumo and Marino should be back soon and I never have to see Zach Trotman try to play again.

Don't know why they insist on JJ on the first pair. He's massively dragging the team down and they should try someone - anyone - in that spot instead.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

DuhSal posted:

my lord. what is happening in detroit that they can't get one decent team in any goddamn league..

There must be something in the water.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

DuhSal posted:

Lions are always the lions, the tigers and Wings went all in at the same time and depleted their prospect pools in the late aughts early 2010's, and the Pistons decided Blake Griffin could rescue them i guess

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Mike Works posted:

There must be something in the water.

:chanpop:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't know why they insist on JJ on the first pair. He's massively dragging the team down and they should try someone - anyone - in that spot instead.

Dunno but they’re about two more losses from being in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs and it’s obvious to everyone on earth that has eyes except Mike Sullivan that Johnson is really really terrible.

They need to just buy him out this offseason if they can’t find a sucker to take at least half his salary. But of course that would mean Rutherford admitting he made a huge mistake, so it’ll never happen as long as he’s there.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 29, 2020

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its gonna rule when Detroit finishes 4th in the lotto

It will also rule when the Blackhawks get the first pick. :c00l:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Dunno but they’re about two more losses from being in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs and it’s obvious to everyone on earth that has eyes except Mike Sullivan that Johnson is really really terrible.

They need to just buy him out this offseason if they can’t find a sucker to take at least half his salary. But of course that would mean Rutherford admitting he made a huge mistake, so it’ll never happen as long as he’s there.

They aren't 2 losses away from missing. 6pts on Carolina with same GP and 3 games in hand on CBJ. Now 3 more losses in a row and look out! Nothing changes with JMFJ this offseason is my guess. They love him for some dumb reason. Fortunately at least the last 2 games their spread sheet stats have improved drastically only to be sunk by some unfortunate luck, JMFJ playing 20 minuets a night, 2 AHL defenseman, and questionable goaltending so fix all that and um they look pretty good?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If I'm front office for Seattle I've got my eyes on Ho-Sang

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eric the Mauve posted:

You're going to need three of the Isles (appear to be slumping?), CBJ (in a tailspin thanks to being dead but somehow still in a WC), Canes (two dead goalies still?), and NYR (PIT has 1 game in hand on) to pass the Pens. The only team with a solidly winning record of those (e- in the L10) are the Rangers. You're also still within striking distance of leading the division because the Caps are also slumping right now.

The sky is not falling yet.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 29, 2020

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I think the less to take from this scenario is that the current conference structure is garbage.

But also that everyone outside the Metro is not a hockey player but a pathetic worm, little more than a baby holding a stick.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

grassy gnoll posted:

But also that everyone outside the Metro is not a hockey player but a pathetic worm, little more than a baby holding a stick.

:hmmyes:

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Is ho sang similar to nick petan? Not quite good enough to jump right into the top 6, not capable of playing the style of game that works on 3rd and 4th lines?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Metro has an unusual number of good teams, but the two best teams in the East are both in the Atlantic. Finishing 5th in the Metro is death, because Bruins/Lightning is a way worse path to the conference final than Capitals/(Penguins/Islanders)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Metro has an unusual number of good teams, but the two best teams in the East are both in the Atlantic. Finishing 5th in the Metro is death, because Bruins/Lightning is a way worse path to the conference final than Capitals/(Penguins/Islanders)

It's an interesting disparity. As I said a couple pages back, a 7th place finish in the Metro SOUNDS like a bad-to-awful season by A Bad Team but, as it's playing out right now, will probably be a team who misses by just a few points (technically, NYR is there now, but only two points out).

Meanwhile, the Atlantic is going to get a team in (either Toronto or Florida) who would be a bubble team in the Metro.

e-
https://twitter.com/DMaetzMedia/status/1233807663642836993

:aaaaa:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 29, 2020

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/status/1233811750493003779

only 3 brooklyn games left

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's an interesting disparity. As I said a couple pages back, a 7th place finish in the Metro SOUNDS like a bad-to-awful season by A Bad Team but, as it's playing out right now, will probably be a team who misses by just a few points (technically, NYR is there now, but only two points out).

Meanwhile, the Atlantic is going to get a team in (either Toronto or Florida) who would be a bubble team in the Metro.

I think it's worth noting that every year there's some situation where it seems like a team is going to miss that shouldn't, but I don't think it's ever ended up happening by the time the season ends. Like, as it is right now the top 8 teams in the east are in the playoffs and everyone below that isn't. Which is the way its supposed to be. The seeding being stupid is a whole other thing though.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The East is 2 Real Good Teams (Boston, Tampa), 1 or maybe 2 Good Teams (Washington, maybe Pittsburgh) and then 4 Kinda Good teams (Toronto, Islanders, Philly, Columbus) and 3 Ehhh, Not Terrible teams (Florida, Carolina, Rangers). But those last three are still in the playoff running. Probably they will be the 3 teams out of the 11 that don’t make it, though.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I will say I was actually impressed with the Coliseum when I saw the Caps there last month. Like, it's tiny, the people are human garbage, and getting there is stupid, but it's a pretty decent intimate venue.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just wish it were remaining their permanent home because man, are those crowds fun.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chad Sexington posted:

Like, it's tiny, the people are human garbage, and getting there is stupid, but it's a pretty decent intimate venue.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just wish it were remaining their permanent home because man, are those crowds fun.

:thunk:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Eric the Mauve posted:

The East is 2 Real Good Teams (Boston, Tampa), 1 or maybe 2 Good Teams (Washington, maybe Pittsburgh) and then 4 Kinda Good teams (Toronto, Islanders, Philly, Columbus) and 3 Ehhh, Not Terrible teams (Florida, Carolina, Rangers). But those last three are still in the playoff running. Probably they will be the 3 teams out of the 11 that don’t make it, though.

Columbus is not better than Carolina

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I meant the Coliseum, not Brooklyn. gently caress Brooklyn.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fawning deference posted:

Columbus is not better than Carolina

Neither is Pittsburgh. :v:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Fondly looking back at the time where SAS/internet hockey fans thought the Draisaitl extension was a massive overpay

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Fondly looking back at the time where SAS/internet hockey fans thought the Draisaitl extension was a massive overpay

I found a UrinatingTree video a couple weeks ago which asserted this and thought the same thing.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

If Jack Johnson continues to play 20+ minutes a night on the first pairing I do in fact believe in the Pens being able to miss. He needs to be press boxed immediately and Schultz put on the 3rd pairing. Pens 6 lose in a row and the last 3 are LAK, Anaheim, and SJS who are 3 of bottom 5 teams in the league. This team needs to unfuck itself and fast or their being dumped out in the first round hilariously again if they even make it.

Edit: 5v5 shots were 20 SJS and 23 Pitt. Jack Johnson was on the ice for 17 shots against. The next closest player was 11. Jack Johnson was on the ice for 3 shots for. Just incredible management allowing him to play.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 1, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShutdownLine/status/1234028982116462594?s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It is hilariously easy to bait Jack Johnson into abandoning his responsibility to go chase a shiny, and he’s way too lumbering to get back in time once he’s taken two strides in the wrong direction. Every team knows it (they watch video and stuff) and every team targets him every second he’s on the ice.

JR and Sullivan will always be beloved in Pittsburgh but if they’re really determined to go all the way down on the JJ ship then it might be time for a regime change. JR did finally get rid of Scuderi, but Scuderi was Shero’s horrible mistake. It might similarly require replacing JR to get someone else in there who’s willing to admit JR hosed up and clean up the mess.

At this point I don’t think it matters if the Penguins make the playoffs or not because they’re not going to stop playing him huge minutes and are going to go out in the first round anyway. Figures that the worst player on the team is pretty much the only player that didn’t get hurt all year.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 1, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomGulittiNHL/status/1234109630948761601

good grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks lost to the Leafs who lost to their own 42-year-ole AHL Zamboni driver