Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Peer Pressure has proved to much for me.

Swap me over to a Ceaser, Doggius Maximus lays claim to the throne. I do need a general that can cover for me heavily during a trip overseas, but otherwise, I should be golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hello i am a nice friendly general, lets all get along
this is my character

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will declare myself for whichever general buys me grubhub tomorrow

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Peer Pressure has proved to much for me.

Swap me over to a Ceaser, Doggius Maximus lays claim to the throne. I do need a general that can cover for me heavily during a trip overseas, but otherwise, I should be golden.

yo, that game is underrated

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Champion Tiberius Gracchus, tribune of plebs young and old, is willing to lend his hand for the glory of Rome.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I shall pledge my Generalship to Caesar Doggius Maximus.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Champion Minimus Maximus, little person champion of the little people, joining up with Caesar Doggius Maximus.

Iron Chef Ramen fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 7, 2020

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Pledging my general service to the great Amnistar.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna win. I've already won.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asiina posted:

I'm gonna win. I've already won.

Hmm.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
From the distant and frigid north comes forth a solider, grizzled and wizened with just one remaining but a clear vision behind it. Clad in furs and piecemeal lorica, he comes to Rome. His ultimatum is clear, his voice ragged but his frame whipcord strong. "Aye, I'll swear the allegiance of the great General Meinbergicus to the aid of the force that promises me the north."

His lips open into a broad and toothy grin. "And to you whom accepts my terms, I'll grant ye Rome."

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Define "The North"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My current strategy has me owning France and Britain..

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

sniper4625 posted:

Define "The North"

The part that’s not covered on your maps

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I would certain allow you perquisites, but in all fairness some of my less attended compatriots may be better served by your fealty.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Caesar slots are closed!

You are still welcome to join as a general or a champion. :)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Day 1 - The Death of Our Beloved Empress

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The Empress is dead.

Long live the Imperitor.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
D. Gaius Kerius

Long live the memory of our dear Empress.

My door is always open to any who wish to bring order back to these chaotic times.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

The Empress is dead.

Now I can kill other Romans legally.

ALL SHALL FEEL MY WRATH

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ding dong the witch is dead ding dong the witch is dead

Max
Nov 30, 2002

How did the news spread so quickly? I'm still sitting in the middle of a wasteland with a bunch of bored soldiers.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I was gonna say something about how much I missed the Empress and how sad it was she was dead...but I think people might have realized I'm the bad guy in the story by the reactions of my followers.

Time to collapse the empire.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So once more must the gears of change must be greased with the blood of patriots.

It's a time of coin, my friends.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Monathin posted:

So once more must the gears of change must be greased with the blood of patriots.

is this nerd trying to sound smart or something

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

You should probably try tallow or something. Blood's really only good for bathing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Monathin posted:

STFU and die already.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

is this nerd trying to sound smart or something

Max posted:

STFU and die already.

Manners, please. This is a place of civility.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tiberius Gracchus, Tribunus Plebis

It is not I who called this concilium plebis to order, but I feel it necessary to be the first to speak before we craft a path forward that fails to appreciate the opportunity in front of us. I submit a bill here that redistributes all public lands across Rome to landless labourers in smaller plots that can be managed. These lands, today, are ravaged by interlopers, savages, the conquered, and the broken rather than by Roman citizens. Many plebes in your districts today stand without bountiful land to manage themselves and would be willing, even with death at risk, to take control of these dirty public lands.

The Empress failed us. She expanded the Empire too vastly without putting in a plebian infrastructure in her wake that could maintain what she called ours. We must take it back now that she has fallen. I humbly submit this bill for your consideration.

Last, we must summon the senate or at least what remains of it. A call to order of our simple concilium cannot sweep new law across all of Rome that will stop the vile patricians from stomping their feet all over our plebe brothers. Rome has a vacuum of power. Where the Empress controlled us all before her death, the senate now finds a time when they can rise up and declare a new leader before the patricians seek to take title by force.

If we do not act immediately, then I fear that we will each be called to war. If so, my brothers, I hope at least that we stand on the same side of the arbitrary lines the patricians draw.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

merk posted:

:words: :words: :words:

I'm going to wear your skin

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE THRONE

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

It is not I who called this concilium plebis to order, but I feel it necessary to be the first to speak before we craft a path forward that fails to appreciate the opportunity in front of us. I submit a bill here that redistributes all public lands across Rome to landless labourers in smaller plots that can be managed. These lands, today, are ravaged by interlopers, savages, the conquered, and the broken rather than by Roman citizens. Many plebes in your districts today stand without bountiful land to manage themselves and would be willing, even with death at risk, to take control of these dirty public lands.

The Empress failed us. She expanded the Empire too vastly without putting in a plebian infrastructure in her wake that could maintain what she called ours. We must take it back now that she has fallen. I humbly submit this bill for your consideration.

Last, we must summon the senate or at least what remains of it. A call to order of our simple concilium cannot sweep new law across all of Rome that will stop the vile patricians from stomping their feet all over our plebe brothers. Rome has a vacuum of power. Where the Empress controlled us all before her death, the senate now finds a time when they can rise up and declare a new leader before the patricians seek to take title by force.

If we do not act immediately, then I fear that we will each be called to war. If so, my brothers, I hope at least that we stand on the same side of the arbitrary lines the patricians draw.

What?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
JJ, this isn’t dominions, there’s no throne victory

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Jen X posted:

Secret wincon, there are thrones hidden around the map.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Indeed. I'm sitting on one, watching the sun set behind Giza.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The patrician threats show their true color. Plebes, we must band together. Do not conscript to those who seek to tear Rome apart.

Find me in the land of Marc Antony. We shall prevail together. We shall secure it all.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

The patrician threats show their true color. Plebes, we must band together. Do not conscript to those who seek to tear Rome apart.

Find me in the land of Marc Antony. We shall prevail together. We shall secure it all.

you look like mark zuckerberg

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jen X posted:

There is precisely 1 throne and I will claim it for victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

There is precisely 1 throne and I will claim it for victory.

Each house is a castle. Each family is a crown. Each field is a throne.

The plebes are the lifeblood of Rome. Without us, you are but fat pigs rolling around in your pen of poo poo, waiting for us to feed you. Really, we are the masters.

We won’t feed you any longer.