Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Tiberius Gracchus, Tribunus Plebis

Each house is a castle. Each family is a crown. Each field is a throne.

The plebes are the lifeblood of Rome. Without us, you are but fat pigs rolling around in your pen of poo poo, waiting for us to feed you. Really, we are the masters.

We won’t feed you any longer.

Who the hell are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

Who the hell are you?

Tiberius Gracchus, Tribunus Plebis

One day, I might be the last person you ever see.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boat diary day one
i am on a boat, they feed me grapes while i lounge around

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boat diary day 2
i spit out the grapes and say "phooey"
i remembered i don't like grapes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tiberius Gracchus, Tribunus Plebis, Conscripted Champion of the Plebes - Location: Cyrenaica

The abandoned palace in Ptolemais is the first of many issues I found in my travel to Cyrenaica. No battle yet, but it seems imminent.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

merk posted:

Tiberius Gracchus, Tribunus Plebis, Conscripted Champion of the Plebes - Location: Cyrenaica

The abandoned palace in Ptolemais is the first of many issues I found in my travel to Cyrenaica. No battle yet, but it seems imminent.

:yeshaha:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mother has fallen and her children fight amongst each other. Already the armies are spreading out, laying claim to territory that was once united together under her rule. I shudder to think of what will happen in the comming years, and how much blood will be shed before we are once more united under a single banner again.

My brothers and sisters all hold themselves as more worthy than the other. Bickering about ownership of property and which tribute belongs to which. None of them realize that the infighting against one another will allow the dissadents within the empire room to grow and rise up. One of them has even hired such a dissident. One that proclaims the plebs somehow are the empire. I worry for our future.

Thankfully one the men under Cato's command has come to me with an answer. They have told me of an ancient force that sleeps currently. Powerful like the Titans of old, this being stirs in their slumber and, if we can awaken it, it will come and purge the unworthy, leaving only the worthy behind. Consuming all that do not bend the knee, we have called this beast the World Eater.

The capital of Hispania is being converted to a place of worship for the World Eater, and already there are plans for a new temple to be created. General Snooze and Cruise is scouting the south while Lumpeinus the Elder is working to control the north.

Mini Max tells me that to awaken the World Eater we must soak the earth in the blood of our enemies. And so we move to battle, to destroy those that stand before us, and awaken our god.

Amnistar fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 9, 2020

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Soon will come a time of great strife and conflict. But for now, I must take to the seas. It reminds me of my time in the north, save in those frozen waters, going overboard was a death sentence. Here, the waters are so clear and warm that people go swimming in them. What a strange world to have found myself in. But no matter, soon the time of frivolities will end, and soon there will be more conquests, and with it, the dimming of the sun.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The dog has started a cult because his owner (may her imperial self rest in peace) is passed, and one of the other caesar pretenders has gone insane with visions of a single throne of thrones.

Krysma, Gaius Kerrius, and the Imperatrix Serenum are the only hope for our once-great empire.

I hope that aligning myself with the last of those has not been a mistake, but she controls the holy city itself. I take this as an omen of good fortune, and that she is the rightful heiress to Emperor peramene.

Combat is inevitable. Though I wish for a peaceful resolution, I know in my heart that the only peace most will find is at the end of a sword.

Goddess watch over us.

- Journal of "the Jeneral, Star-Blessed", true name unknown, circa turn 2 in the year of our Lady

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 9, 2020

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am not a man who believes in idealism. I believe in the profit of hard-won coin. This makes me different, and occasionally ridiculed, by those around me. They fight for a cause, they think their belief make them mightier.

While there is something to be said for words of inspiration, it is the sharpest swords, not the strongest beliefs, that win wars.

I believe in the monetary compensation of myself and those around me - there is no victory without coin. And in that way do I see our fortunes laid out before us. The North African coast is rich territory, coveted, surely, by many, who bicker and squabble in the north.

I have thrown my lot in with Caesar Krysma, that they can hold these fertile lands - and assume, else by right of conquest or diplomacy, the security of the territories northward.

I have no love of battle, but conflict is inevitable as the exchanging of coin from hand to hand. I can only hope prosperity is on my side.

- Excerpts from the journal of Monat 'Monathin' Hagan, General of Caesar Krysma Phoinix, 2nd Turn of the Wars of Succession

Monathin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 9, 2020

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
To be called a World Eater, one must have already received a reputation for eating a World, implying there are many.

We are not mere playthings of beings from another world. Such ideas would be preposterous.

Such fools, making impossible monsters out of the Leviathans and other dreadful sea monsters that scourge the seas.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Is the world eater a snake

If so I have a general who will be stoked

She really hates those. Not entirely sure why but she mutters something about "bastard gods" and entropy when asked

It would probably make her happy to fight one

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 11, 2020

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

The Prophet Mini Max has left with General Cato the Baller to find lands where a Temple to the World Eater can be built. The Germanian Tribes seem highly likely to accept worship of this ancient being, and with more worship brings more power to the World Eater. If I am to unite Mother's Empire and save it from tearing itself apart I must have more power.

I have heard whispers that the druids to the north might have more information about this ancient god. Today I have purchase a new galley to transport myself and an honor guard, that I have named the Teeth of the World Eater, to the isles of Britannia to learn what is known. I can only hope that I am able to learn enough from the druids to warrant such an expense.

General Lumpeinus the Elder holds strong against the borders of Italia, calling in reinforcements to stand against the armies of my sister. I have put much faith into them, as they have yet to truly prove themselves in battle, but I have been reeassured that he is, indeed, a cunning strategist. By Lumpeinus himself.

General Cato has lead a strong charge to the north, his cavalry ready to harry the forces of Chicsar. I worry that they may not be well equiped enough to survive the Germania Barbarians, but the World Eater shall provide. Mini Max swears that they will begin to feed the world eater with the first enemy they find, soaking the earth in their blood.

Snooze and Cruise said something about touring the nearby islands looking for new sources of alcohol. She claims that grapes are an inferior food and that wine, as a result, is also inferior. She asked the town who could "party hard" and took any who said yes onto her galley and set sail. I know not where she travels, but I look forward to her reports.

While sleeping I saw a vision in my head of some figure. At first I thought maybe the World Eater had heard my prayers, but the message I was given did not match that of the Prophet's words. I was not given a name, but I was told if I could get agreement from all living ceasers to maintain our current boarders, they would bless our fractured empire and ensure it remained forever in the history books.

I am sure that if such were true our Mother would have suggested it, so I shall dismiss this vision from my mind.

Mayhaps I just need more sleep...

-Excerpt from the Memoirs of Doggius Maximus, Turn 3.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boat dairy day 3
i still hate grapes

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
wait, people have saying what?

Perhaps I too should make my intentions known. Soon, I suppose.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

And so word reaches me of the first blood spilt in the name of these wars of succession.

So it begins.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Election for Consul: 174 CE

Tiberius Gracchus, Tribunus Plebis Consul : Standing in the Forvm of Cirta

I am humbled by the vote of the people and am proud to serve as Consul in these trying times. With civil war, it is only fitting that we stand just miles away from fossatum africae, which is symbolic of what I plan to do as your Consul: defend the Roman culture. We have for far too long watched as dictators masquerading as Emperors expand the Roman borders but leave death, destruction, and useless land in their wake. These lands stamp out the cultural progress of Rome by not supporting us with commodities we need. These lands do not produce wine. These lands do not produce cattle. These lands do not produce grain. They sit idle.

The fossatum africae is actually the perfect example of this expansive failure. Emperor Hadrian, knowing that our borders were without defense and weak to barbarians retaking their lands took great efforts to build this defensive structure along with others, like so-called Hadrian's Wall in the north protecting us from Britannia.

But why are fertile lands deemed "public lands" in expanse instead of lands owned by patricians who follow our military? These patricians could, today, delegate maintenance of lands to you for coin? Some of you might be equites by now had we taken these steps to let your family grow fat from the bounty of currently wasted public lands.

I am here to try to fix this debacle and am following the military of Caesar Krysma Phoinix to implement these plans as I go. With your election this year as Consul, I will begin today with these lands. Any patrician who would like to take upon public lands and has strong-willed plebians able and willing to work, please find me.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

merk posted:

:words: :words: words:

Hey, I sharpened a pole and affixed it to my chariot. I'm going to put your head on it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

I am humbled by the vote of the people and am proud to serve as Consul in these trying times. With civil war, it is only fitting that we stand just miles away from fossatum africae, which is symbolic of what I plan to do as your Consul: defend the Roman culture. We have for far too long watched as dictators masquerading as Emperors expand the Roman borders but leave death, destruction, and useless land in their wake. These lands stamp out the cultural progress of Rome by not supporting us with commodities we need. These lands do not produce wine. These lands do not produce cattle. These lands do not produce grain. They sit idle.

The fossatum africae is actually the perfect example of this expansive failure. Emperor Hadrian, knowing that our borders were without defense and weak to barbarians retaking their lands took great efforts to build this defensive structure along with others, like so-called Hadrian's Wall in the north protecting us from Britannia.

But why are fertile lands deemed "public lands" in expanse instead of lands owned by patricians who follow our military? These patricians could, today, delegate maintenance of lands to you for coin? Some of you might be equites by now had we taken these steps to let your family grow fat from the bounty of currently wasted public lands.

I am here to try to fix this debacle and am following the military of Caesar Krysma Phoinix to implement these plans as I go. With your election this year as Consul, I will begin today with these lands. Any patrician who would like to take upon public lands and has strong-willed plebians able and willing to work, please find me.
All lands are fodder for the World Eater. All people who trod upon the fodder are condiments. Nobles, slaves, plebes, legions, all merely the herbs and spices to delight the World Eater in the ceaseless feasting. The World Eater devours the old world and excretes the new world. The world before us is a dog’s breakfast. A dogshit future beckons. Behold!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I for one stand by our champion, a champion of the people. If our Caesar's brothers and sisters are so consumed they cannot see our Champion's reasoning, then we will defend them accordingly.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The situation is rather unfortunate; it appears that our rearguard has fallen and we are encircled.

I'd rather die to the dog than to the madman, however, so I will stand and face my end with dignity.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Doggus has left the battlefield. He has dishonored Rome and sailed off to lands unknown. He has abandoned his people in their time of need, what more is there to say?

May you rot in the bowels of a camel.

This means War.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Caesar Doggius Maximus has not abandoned anything. There is a great power slumbering in Brittania, one which every day comes closer to awakening. You will all play your part in the resurrection of the World Eater, whether you intend to or not. Fight your battles, spread your chaos, it all brings him closer. Every drop of blood, every scream of pain.

Praise the World Eater! Ia! Ia!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 13, 2020

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I have arrived in the northern islands and found myself drawn further inland. This land was special, I could feel it. I consulted with the locals and a farmer told me a place of great power. I demanded the farmer lead me there.

The Prophet was right. The is the land of the World Eater. This must be their mouth. I must study this holy location and learn more of this Ancient Being. I have sent orders to my troops, the betrayal of Krysm cannot stand. The honeyed words of my Sibling lulled me into a trap, and now my loyal general Snooze is locked in battle in lands that were promised to me. I am afraid that this cannot stand. The order has been sent to the other generals. Nothing else matters. Krysm will burn.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boat diary

i saw a fish

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
delivered by boat messenger

what kind of fish

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boat diary

red fish

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress, a messenger just barged into the brothel to tell me vacation's over. i am NOT looking forward to sharing this news with my men. anyway, i kicked the guy out and splurged the rest of my lira. best night of my life.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It turns out the world eater cult is actually super cool and good, the food here is great and they even feed me grapes.

Imperatrix, there is zero rush on rescuing me.

Lowest priority, even.

- Journal of "the Jeneral, Star-Blessed", true name unknown, circa turn something in the year of the consumed world

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tiberius Gracchus, Conscripted Consul

The battle rages on. What was once a diplomatic mission to Hispania has now turned to iron on iron melee. I do not wish to spill Roman blood in this civil war, but they leave me no choice.

If you have taken arms up on the other side of the line from me, I wish you no ill will. You are my brother as I am yours. When this conflict ends, we shall embrace arms instead of swords.

You can stand down now if you wish. No one will call you a deserter. Lay down your arms for Rome and walk to my side of the line. My arms will be open to you here.

If not, I wish you luck in this bloody mess. May we both live.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Citizens and Subjects of Galatia,

It is with mournful solemnity that I must inform you that bandits have crossed the Palestine border to attack our peaceful settlers. To protect the Syrian people, I have ordered a peacekeeping expedition to bring these bandits to justice, and return the lands to the control of their rightful Caesar. May it be a swift process.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
boat diary

wah

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
via ship to shore lantern

Was it another fish?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
diary
wahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm back, I guess.

I miss Hispania.