Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

FBS posted:

Hellebuyck deserves at least half of PoMo's extension money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

H*CK THE drat BROONS GO A FLYERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

DJExile posted:

H*CK THE drat BROONS GO A FLYERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:hehe::hf::hehe:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god carter i love you but stop handling the puck you are so bad at it

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Hello there Ghost :)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Stoked that Pens have made zero changes (like scratching JMFJ) or line blending a bit. Obviously it's working!

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Goddamn Rask

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo rask

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
PLEASE loving PRESS BOX JACK JOHNSON HOLY loving CHRIST

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs outshooting the Lightning 18-2 in the first period because this team makes no sense at all

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Eat poo poo Brad Marchand

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

Eat poo poo Brad Marchand

:yeah:

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
This PP has been suboptimal.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Penguins being outplayed by NJD at 5v5 loving owns. Good thing we didn't change the lines. At all. Absolute brain genius Sully.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Verhaeghe's skating like NHL 94 Roenick. Unreal turn of speed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

goddamn Kevin Hayes does such beautiful work on the PK

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Wow a goal off the rush and from a defenseman? Actually weird.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Carter gotdamn Hart :monocle:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Gostisbehere looks great. What a nice surprise.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

triple sulk posted:

Its true

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Flyers doing everything right but the puck doesn’t want to cooperate and Rask is playing great. It would suck to lose one that seems so tilted in Philly’s favor so far.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Pens doing their best to let the Devils tie. Good stuff.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
lol, they temporarily stopped the Preds/Canadiens game because of a brownout.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Rangers score 19 seconds in :siren:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers scored on the Stars 19 seconds into the game, what the gently caress

E: Beaten

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars will literally never score a goal ever again.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Evan Rodrigues has been the best of pick ups for the Pens so far. Which is very cool.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas is going to lose out and miss the playoffs

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Kris Letang is stupid as gently caress and the Penguins still playing like entitled shits.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Cocaine Bear posted:

Dallas is going to lose out and miss the playoffs

if it happens it happens. I gave up hope on this team winning a cup about a month after Monty was fired.

I mean atleast Jim Nill will 100% be fired if that happens, and hopefully they flush the rest of the old school trash out of the franchise as well. In a way we could be better off!*

*we will not be better off. They will hire somebody as bad or worse than Nill.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 11, 2020

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

*we will not be better off. They will hire somebody as bad or worse than Nill.

We're due for some alumn with serious brain damage to take the helm. The Eagle out of the drunk tank yet?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

3-on-1? Better shoot into the sliding defender!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao I would be okay with a drunk Belfour being our coach

I foolishly let myself get my hopes up about this season a month ago but it’s gone now

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nah, this org has made it clear that alcoholics CANNOT coach a team.

Make that crazy drunk GM.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

The Stars' biggest problem is that they have nobody on the roster outside of Hintz and Gurianov who will challenge a defender 1 on 1. Benn, Seguin, and Radulov used to be those guys but it looks like they have all either lost a step or have had that kind of mentality drilled out of their head.

Maybe i'm delusional and every team plays like this now and it's not the reason the Stars are losing, but I noticed atleast 2 or 3 occasions in that first period where the Stars ended up with a puck on their stick deep in the Rangers end and New York completely caught out by the unexpected change in possession. There was one where Dickinson grabbed the puck off a deflection from the referee I think behind the rangers defense, and one where Comeau ended up with a puck behind the defense after a break out attempt took a weird bounce. I think there was atleast one other example of this before I started paying attention to the names.

In both instances instead of driving towards the net against an out of position defender the Dallas player skated behind the rangers net (as if to look for a pass opportunity to the slot from behind the net.. giving the other forwards time to get to the scoring chance area). Then instead of passing it to the slot, it was rimmed around the boards to the point where a defense immediately slapped the puck towards the net without even taking the time to take it cleanly off the boards and look for a better play.

I guess in their defense they've seen St Louis score literally 30% of the times they've done that same play against Dallas in the last 5 years, usually after the puck bounces off of 3 other people.. but overall I can't help but feel that the Stars are not coached to be successful out there. Maybe you turn the puck over and get nothing if you challenge the defender, but maybe you draw a penalty.. maybe you force a scramble reaction that causes further defensive assignment mistakes and players out of position unable to respond to a bounce.

in summary: gently caress Rick Bowness. I swear the Stars didn't play this god drat passive under Monty. If anything they were known for being outshot in raw volume but controlling the chances from the prime scoring areas.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/StephaliciousD/status/1237550909334249473

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

The Stars' biggest problem is that they have nobody on the roster outside of Hintz and Gurianov who will challenge a defender 1 on 1. Benn, Seguin, and Radulov used to be those guys but it looks like they have all either lost a step or have had that kind of mentality drilled out of their head.

Maybe i'm delusional and every team plays like this now and it's not the reason the Stars are losing, but I noticed atleast 2 or 3 occasions in that first period where the Stars ended up with a puck on their stick deep in the Rangers end and New York completely caught out by the unexpected change in possession. There was one where Dickinson grabbed the puck off a deflection from the referee I think behind the rangers defense, and one where Comeau ended up with a puck behind the defense after a break out attempt took a weird bounce. I think there was atleast one other example of this before I started paying attention to the names.

In both instances instead of driving towards the net against an out of position defender the Dallas player skated behind the rangers net (as if to look for a pass opportunity to the slot from behind the net.. giving the other forwards time to get to the scoring chance area). Then instead of passing it to the slot, it was rimmed around the boards to the point where a defense immediately slapped the puck towards the net without even taking the time to take it cleanly off the boards and look for a better play.

I guess in their defense they've seen St Louis score literally 30% of the times they've done that same play against Dallas in the last 5 years, usually after the puck bounces off of 3 other people.. but overall I can't help but feel that the Stars are not coached to be successful out there. Maybe you turn the puck over and get nothing if you challenge the defender, but maybe you draw a penalty.. maybe you force a scramble reaction that causes further defensive assignment mistakes and players out of position unable to respond to a bounce.

in summary: gently caress Rick Bowness. I swear the Stars didn't play this god drat passive under Monty. If anything they were known for being outshot in raw volume but controlling the chances from the prime scoring areas.

Not that I want to defend Bownes, but it's easy to play a defensive game when you've got a great tandem and poo poo for scoring depth. Playing RP and THE BIG RIG like crazy and Perry basically at all is all on Rick tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

welcome back the rangers have just scored while we were away lol

maybe it's a sign to turn off the broadcast.