Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

chitoryu12 posted:

Currently the illness is coming and going. I'll write when I can.

Don't push yourself too hard! I hope you get better soon.

In the spirit of this thread, though, what's your preferred recipe for a hot toddy? It seems like they'd be welcome relief even if not strictly medicinal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
So, you remember the conceit that the James Bond novels were being published to cover up the real activities of an actual spy?

Well... someone may have put another layer on top of that.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
If you're a superfan with money to burn (or know one and give really extravagant Christmas gifts), Sotheby's has auctions going of rare Bond books, many from Fleming's personal collection and original Bond movie posters. They close on the 11th and 12th.

For the rest of us, it's neat to look at the memorabilia. Personally I find it really interesting to see the different posters from around the world.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Gats Akimbo posted:

I want to see how Cedar signs "pasteurization".

She holds her hand out to Bond's chest and raises it to his forehead, maybe. :downsrim:

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Just for everyone's entertainment (and retrospectives), YouTube has made most of the pre-Craig Bond films available for free viewing.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Tanya Roberts (Stacey Sutton from A View to a Kill) has passed.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlIIflu2cik

e: and, sadly, for real this time (or so reported).

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 5, 2021

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Congratulations!

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Our beloved author gets a hat-tip in the upcoming Operation Mincemeat movie. I wonder if he'll be much of a character?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Hey everyone.

I'm the real life best friend of the thread creator Chitoryu, real name Cody. I felt it necessary to let you all know that he passed away this evening. He left in peace, in the company of his mother. If you have any questions or comments, I'll be here. Thanks.

Reading this hit me like I'd known him personally. This thread (and its predecessor) were great, insightful trips down memory lane, and I'm grateful to him for sharing them and the little snippets of his life with us.

I hope the past month hasn't been too hard on him; he didn't share a lot of details about the accident last year but recovery cannot possibly have been easy.

Send all our best to his family for us. Do they have any way for us to send flowers or money for funeral expenses?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
It's been a while and I hope everyone in this thread is still doing as well as possible.

Assouline just released a photography book dedicated to some of the beautiful locations showcased in Bond films (and what it took to get the scenes shot), and it made me think of all of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This would have been my Christmas gift for Chitoryu this year. Thanks for sharing :unsmith:

I was thinking it was almost made for him.
The only better thing would have been a cookbook full of Bond's meals and the restaurants behind them, but all the attempts I've seen have been middling to pretty bad. Assouline knows how to deliver.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 24, 2023