Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

The plan worked. Everyone is confirmed except for you.

You bring up the possibility of a vest, but fail to apply it to anyone "confirmed" because that would mean that your plan is in fact wrong

There are giant holes in this logic. Created mainly by you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Squiggly posted:

Oh no man 65% sure doesn't overcommit because he doesn't actually know people's alignments news at 11

"What he's doing now is pretty meta and what I expect to see out of him. The question for me is now, is it an act? And I'm currently undecided on that"

"I'm starting to wonder if this is simply a case of people who are around and active but actually all town pushing each other while scum sit in the background"

"Subs case isn't bad. It presents an alternative to xopods. However, I think I need to see xopods or nad flip to interpret it."

These are active stalls.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

You bring up the possibility of a vest, but fail to apply it to anyone "confirmed" because that would mean that your plan is in fact wrong

There are giant holes in this logic. Created mainly by you

Because no one has claimed an issue with their actions. My logic is sound. Everyone's actions the previous two nights have worked with out a hitch. Everyone is confirmed by at least 1 other person (Or in Bminus's case, the Mason skill on Xopod's flip).

You are the only one left. Just you.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

I think you want to be tracked. I think you claimed miller and have been killing all game because you can kill remotely. Claiming miller means that any cop result on you is explained.

That's just speculation though. What isn't speculation is that:

A) You're the last scum

B) Any other possibility requires multiple people to be lying

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

"What he's doing now is pretty meta and what I expect to see out of him. The question for me is now, is it an act? And I'm currently undecided on that"

"I'm starting to wonder if this is simply a case of people who are around and active but actually all town pushing each other while scum sit in the background"

"Subs case isn't bad. It presents an alternative to xopods. However, I think I need to see xopods or nad flip to interpret it."

These are active stalls.

Active stalls without actively pushing the vote on anyone else how scummy of me to doubt the veracity of other unverified players such as yourself

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

B) Any other possibility requires multiple people to be lying

Lynch this liar tomorrow please

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

Maigius if you're scum you're getting town MVP

Seemed to predict that Maigius would flip town and yet had no issue with the plan then. Only now when he's pointed out to be the ONLY UNCONFIRMED is it a conspiracy and town will lose. Launch anyone but him.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

Seemed to predict that Maigius would flip town and yet had no issue with the plan then. Only now when he's pointed out to be the ONLY UNCONFIRMED is it a conspiracy and town will lose. Launch anyone but him.

Yeah I had no problem with it when I'd be confirmed town

And now you've done everything possible to avoid that possibility

So I wonder why I no longer like this plan

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

Active stalls without actively pushing the vote on anyone else how scummy of me to doubt the veracity of other unverified players such as yourself

Active stalls on someone you've had "gut reads" and meta knowledge to be scum the rest of the game except the day he was launched.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##vote squiggly

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ok I just got caught up. I slept on it and I think the right move here is to ##vote nad for scum mvp

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hi guys, sorry I disappeared last night. Had one more extra glass of wine than I intended. And I checked with the mods - turned out I’d misread my power this entire game. Weird.

Either way, that doesn’t matter because ##vote LordNad

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
First I was scum because "night hag" sounds scummy from flavor

Then I was scum because I claimed miller (?)

Next I was scum looking for the cop to stay alive because woah there might be a godfather

Now I'm scum because wait I could actually just not be tracked even though you didn't bother

This is the worst railroad. You wouldn't be arguing these dumb points if you were town

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

Yeah I had no problem with it when I'd be confirmed town

And now you've done everything possible to avoid that possibility

So I wonder why I no longer like this plan

I didn't choose who Voodoo jailed.

LordNad posted:

Sci is confirmed I had a past viewer

Boogie is confirmed, he visited voodoo.

##vote Maigius

Sub, Spoonsy didnt claim a charge yesterday that's why I wasnt sure. Him claiming it today before Voodoo does indeed confirm Voodoo.

If for what ever reason maigius flips town hailing squiggs will stop the kill.

LordNad posted:

Jailing* Squiggs you dumb phone

I expected and wanted you jailed.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote nad

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Oh wait I forgot the one where I'm scum because I might have a vest that blocks actions

My b

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##unvote

##vote LordNad

Just to be sure

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Whoa wtf

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote Squiggly

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, we meant ##vote Squiggly

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote squiggly

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Squiggly (4): LordNad, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Spoonsy, b-minus1
Spoonsy (1): Sub Rosa
LordNad (0): b-minus1, Spoonsy, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Spoonsy, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): dmboogie, Squiggly

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 18th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Days will be 48 hours, nights are 24 hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

yay no coffee voting!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Voodoofly posted:

##unvote

##vote LordNad

Just to be sure

Ok but realistically if it's nad doesn't it have to be you too?

Or do you think his unblockable vest was made up from a kernel of truth and he's holding it?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Squiggly, Fantasia-Town Aligned Night Hag has been executed.

MAGIC: Dark Whispers - Each night, you can use your dark magic and spend 1 charge to allow town to talk during the following night. You gain an additional charge if at the end of the day you have at least 2 votes on you that are not your own. You start the game with 2 charges.

SKILL: Miller - Any investigations on you will return a NOT TOWN result.

It is now N8, you have 24 hours to submit night actions.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Not gonna make you wait 24 hours since scum team figured out what needed to be done!

The Magi-Tech Cult has acheived victory.

Here is the set-up Document.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t96frPUtKekzjyit_bK7pVi7b8vVuMehu8hPaRVgNeo/edit?usp=sharing

Thoughts from Amni:

-While 4 mistakes for town isn't a bad number, requiring 8 successes was not the correct balance, even if the scum team was weakend by being split in half and being unconfirmed to each other.

-Lovers are not understood by SA players ><. Jed didn't win 'alongside' town, he literally won with a town win condition as long as sal was alive. I consider his execution a mislunch.

-The split scum team worked amazingly well. If the numbers had been better balanced I would have been super happy with the game. Not thinking through the need for 8 succesful town moves was a mistake.

-B-minus1 being in 3 seperate chats with different groups that had different win conditions was my favorite.

Probably more, but I have to run to work now, will be around to answer questions and get yelled at by the still living town about balance :).

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Fun, but ridiculously unbalanced

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

LordNad scum mvp

That was probably the most entertaining turbo ever

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Jesus christ there were EIGHT SCUM

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

Fun, but ridiculously unbalanced

There was a big worry of having 4 scum die D1/N1 with the roles in the game. Overcerrection from 6 to 8 was applied. I acknowledge the mistake.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

LordNad posted:

2 teams of 4 with a shared win condition connected by an unconfirmed masonry.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just want everyone to read our chat and how we flubbed and corrected the turbo as there is SO. MUCH. ALL. CAPS.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

AND three third party. So 15 players with a regular town win condition, with 11 against.

You maths was right, only a completely insane mod would have had any more scum than we thought there were, what we didn't factor is in the fact that Amnistar is clearly a lunatic.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Amnistar posted:

That's one team of eight.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sal wasn't 3rd party. He was town.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

But it was a lot of fun! I guess the reason we were so good at hitting scum is simply because there were so many...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

LordNad posted:

That's one team of eight.

Considering they didn't actually come clean to each other until the night before Xopods cuddle, for most of the game it was 2 teams :p

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Amnistar posted:

Holy poo poo, I missed the fact that they had a shared wincon and could communicate. WHAT THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Moral victory is really the worst kind of victory.