Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/populismupdates/status/1733295044550148437

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Does he run a diner by any chance? 👀

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Sometimes I just think about what a good title Come at the King is. Harkens back to an incredibly bad rear end line* while also being an awkward double entendre. It fits the show perfectly.

*It’s from The Wire, right? Obviously quips like that have been around for much longer, but I think the exact wording is from The Wire.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, it was Omar

"You come at the king, you best not miss"

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

was inspired by the thread to revisit come at the king and lol it's landing so much better this time. did they ever post sheets for the characters, I'd like to see what the hell alis harpys deal is

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Happy Landfill posted:

Bellow on the ET ride made me laugh way too loving hard

Bellow and Freddie’s endings were pitch perfect for what this show was, god bless those lunatics

I also didn’t like smellulus at all at first, I think just because his deal was very thin and not interesting enough to carry an arc, even a short one, but it seems like they all realized it and fixed that in the course of the campaign, I’m a fan of come at the king

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 11, 2023

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
RIP to a true pecker

Warbird
May 23, 2012

For the life of me I can’t remember what Freddie’s ending was. Bellow’s being too absurd to forget.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Warbird posted:

For the life of me I can’t remember what Freddie’s ending was. Bellow’s being too absurd to forget.

wished for a gun so he could shoot his dad

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The gun in the pirate one off is maybe the hardest I’ve ever laughed at a podcast

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

wished for a gun so he could shoot his dad

Oh right right. Don't know why that didn't stick for whatever reason.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

slicing up eyeballs posted:

was inspired by the thread to revisit come at the king and lol it's landing so much better this time. did they ever post sheets for the characters, I'd like to see what the hell alis harpys deal is

Deli was my favorite character so far. I believe she was a barbarian, and her interrupting Branson as he introduced an NPC so she could loot anything and everything shiny off of him was just incredible.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Oh These Those: lmao Chris's Grand Nagus impression is spot on

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I love jon gabrus

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is my favorite Tim Platt character ever

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know they said this would be a shorter campaign in session zero but I wouldn’t mind if they returned to it now and then with one off episodes if they ever wanted to take a break from a bigger campaign, the episodic nature of it (and its ability to accommodate guests easily) seems like it suits it to that well.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Ainsley McTree posted:

I know they said this would be a shorter campaign in session zero but I wouldn’t mind if they returned to it now and then with one off episodes if they ever wanted to take a break from a bigger campaign, the episodic nature of it (and its ability to accommodate guests easily) seems like it suits it to that well.

Naddpod did that for a while with Trinyvale, and they still do it from time to time and that kind of campaign really seems to help with the main campaign. Gives everyone a chance to do something different for a bit and then come back, and if you switch DM's gives the main DM a bit of a break so they don't go crazy.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

seaborgium posted:

Naddpod did that for a while with Trinyvale, and they still do it from time to time and that kind of campaign really seems to help with the main campaign. Gives everyone a chance to do something different for a bit and then come back, and if you switch DM's gives the main DM a bit of a break so they don't go crazy.

I think it's a little to late for Branson, but it's probably better that way. He does get a bit of a refresh playing Guy Normal though.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So how about that latest episode of Skulltenders? it not only has drama near the end in which a character makes a decision that, absolutely will not have major repercussions in the future for sure, but also a musical reference to the CrossFire commercial that Cohen should be very proud of.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
My big take away was “Dudu’s crankin’ again”

Edit: Holy poo poo that was the Crossfire jingle!
Also Dirt Mouth, White Eyes

koshmar fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 13, 2024

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I keep mentally auto-correcting "Tommy Whistle" as "Tommy Wiseau", which makes for an interesting listening experience

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Visk should have been explicitly told that they could ask the mayor for advice mid mission. It could have been useful if Visk said they needed to talk to their supervisor about the necromancers plan, and establish a course of action after talking with the mayor. He did know how to knit things back together after all.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

seaborgium posted:

Deli was my favorite character so far. I believe she was a barbarian, and her interrupting Branson as he introduced an NPC so she could loot anything and everything shiny off of him was just incredible.

I love how much Ali just committed to the bit of being obsessed with stealing shiny things in any and all situations and her little harpy laugh was perfect.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
They were cowards for not making her be dead for real last ep

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A new Rude Tales and a new Skulltenders! I wonder if Tommy and Visk would make for good friends. Neither of them is used to having friends after all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

koshmar posted:

I think it's a little to late for Branson, but it's probably better that way. He does get a bit of a refresh playing Guy Normal though.

Guy Normal? Why, I've heard of him, most people have if you think about it, which is a regular thing people do.

Well, this all checks out, goodbye for now.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I like Miss Etiquette or the Queen of Hell

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So what’s the story with this campaign? Is it a bunch of more or less guest of the week shows without a larger ongoing story? I’m enjoying it well enough and the guests are good but it almost feels like a CATK interstitial rather than the next “season”.

I also am a fool and once again doubted Tim and his characters. Tommy Whistle fucks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I never doubted Tommy

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

Warbird posted:

So what’s the story with this campaign? Is it a bunch of more or less guest of the week shows without a larger ongoing story? I’m enjoying it well enough and the guests are good but it almost feels like a CATK interstitial rather than the next “season”.

I also am a fool and once again doubted Tim and his characters. Tommy Whistle fucks.

Yeah, during a Rude Talks, Branson said he expects this season to be less than 10 episodes and that the episode formula is more Columbo-inspired and less serialized.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I like it a lot, Rude Tales were also at their worst whenever they weren't just dicking around

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

goblin week posted:

I like it a lot, Rude Tales were also at their worst whenever they weren't just dicking around

I dunno, I think the peak of the show was Ruleshaven and Riddleguy which were pretty big planned set pieces.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

Warbird posted:

I didn’t love the finale for some reason. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t love it.

Yeah was interesting to realize that none of the characters had any goals or desires

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Weren't Ruleshaven and Riddle Guy supposed to be brief diversions that grew in the telling? And on the other hand Toilton had a load of stuff planned and ended up being a single episode's b-plot?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Boat posted:

Weren't Ruleshaven and Riddle Guy supposed to be brief diversions that grew in the telling? And on the other hand Toilton had a load of stuff planned and ended up being a single episode's b-plot?

Branson's DM style has always been super flexible in regards to how long or how short things are depending on how the players interact with and respond to various scenarios. With Toilton specifically I remember him talking about how the players just explained the concept of vacation so clearly, quickly, and efficiently that he really couldn't justify dragging it out longer without making the people of Toilton so dumb and insufferable you wouldn't want to see them helped/saved.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I have a conspiracy theory that Branson or the whole crew wanted to finish the arc ASAP after Taylor left. It felt like they got to hell pretty quickly from It's Fly Time on. I know Taylor helped Branson with a lot of the world building, so I wouldn't blame them for wanting to get to something new without him.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I just cracked up remembering the Rude Talks episode where they got a question from user CHIMPO and it derailed the whole show

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Deeters posted:

I have a conspiracy theory that Branson or the whole crew wanted to finish the arc ASAP after Taylor left. It felt like they got to hell pretty quickly from It's Fly Time on. I know Taylor helped Branson with a lot of the world building, so I wouldn't blame them for wanting to get to something new without him.

Regardless of whether this holds water or not I hope Taylor is getting whatever help or time they need to get their affairs in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He's producing for World Beyond Number which is...
A very successful patreon