Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

He did talk about how doing Worlds Beyond and Rude Tales was too much, so I imagine he's still busy but not unhealthily so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

One day I’ll wake up and see a new episode of Oh These… in my feed with Carboat Bin Laden in it :unsmith:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

just started listening to this and i agree with the thread title

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

RandolphCarter posted:

One day I’ll wake up and see a new episode of Oh These… in my feed with Carboat Bin Laden in it :unsmith:

dont put dangerous dreams in my head

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Feels like he could show up as a guest in piss harbor maybe, the format lends itself to the possibility of a low-commitment appearance

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Feels like he could show up as a guest in piss harbor maybe, the format lends itself to the possibility of a low-commitment appearance

wheelbarrow of salt but i read (unsourced) that the taylor breakup was "acrimonious as hell" so i wouldnt expect anything. thats hearsay & id love to be wrong!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

VERY COOL MAN posted:

wheelbarrow of salt but i read (unsourced) that the taylor breakup was "acrimonious as hell" so i wouldnt expect anything. thats hearsay & id love to be wrong!

Oof I hope that’s untrue. It sounded cordial enough officially but there’s no reason why I a stranger should know about any nasty interpersonal stuff that’s not my business so you never know I guess.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

VERY COOL MAN posted:

Strange, I thought the current understanding was that he'd been working himself to the point of literal hallucination trying to do all the sound design and editing for both Rude Tales and Worlds Beyond Number and had to hand off his part of the effort so he didn't kill himself in the sound booth. You know, less "I hate all of you" and more "I am bleeding through my eyeballs from the stress and can't keep up this workload anymore."

edit: To wit, this reddit comment (have another truckload of salt lol) claims he was experiencing hallucinations and dementia symptoms, and their Patreon post on the matter says the breakup was largely due to his prioritizing his health.

Rampant Dwickery fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 5, 2024

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Strange, I thought the current understanding was that he'd been working himself to the point of literal hallucination trying to do all the sound design and editing for both Rude Tales and Worlds Beyond Number and had to hand off his part of the effort so he didn't kill himself in the sound booth. You know, less "I hate all of you" and more "I am bleeding through my eyeballs from the stress and can't keep up this workload anymore."

edit: To wit, this reddit comment (have another truckload of salt lol) claims he was experiencing hallucinations and dementia symptoms, and their Patreon post on the matter says the breakup was largely due to his prioritizing his health.

Taylor himself posted the thing about having hallucinations and his health going to poo poo because of the stress and workload on the discord, and they never sounded like it was acrimonius. They lost a hell of an editor on super short notice and had to go find not only someone to replace him but somewhere else to host the podcast. Lot of stress all around, but it never sounded like bad blood.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Rampant Dwickery posted:

the "acrimonious as hell" comment seems to be from another poster in that reddit thread which seems to be for totally unsourced gossip / making poo poo up

I could believe that the working relationships got strained and that Taylor just wants to focus on WBN going forward but speculating on any of it just feels gross

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The real reason is Brandon was super jealous that Taylor came up with Carboat bin Laden, and hell I can’t blame him.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

seaborgium posted:

Taylor himself posted the thing about having hallucinations and his health going to poo poo because of the stress and workload on the discord, and they never sounded like it was acrimonius. They lost a hell of an editor on super short notice and had to go find not only someone to replace him but somewhere else to host the podcast. Lot of stress all around, but it never sounded like bad blood.

That was always my understanding based on public statements from the people involved yeah. If anything else happened privately that’s none of my business

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
I mean, doesn't everyone aspire to the success of Perfectly Normal Vape and Tokables Salesperson Carboat bin Laden?

winddancerman
Aug 26, 2022

seaborgium posted:

I read that statement and I think Taylor's probably exaggerating/lying about most of it but I shouldn't speculate.

winddancerman fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 5, 2024

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

The split was abrupt, but what surprised me was how little Taylor and the Rude Tales crew have apparently spoken about it all - that, combined with the absolute lack of collaboration? It had to have been an intense split, even if there wasn't animosity, per se.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah it’s weird that he’s a complete ghost and hasn’t showed up as a player or something as a guest spot. Maybe he really is just that busy that he doesn’t have time, I dunno

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Even under the least personally acrimonious inciting circumstances, like a health collapse, It would suck to be left in the lurch with no editor.

Rude Tales was off the air for months because Taylor stepped away. Even if stepping away was the least bad thing Taylor could do at that moment, there were weeks and months leading up to that point where better management and communication would have made a better outcome possible. Grown adults have a professional responsibility to consider their health before it becomes a crisis whenever possible, and managers/employers/partners have a responsibility to identify and address health and performance issues in a professional manner.

Clearly, those responsibilities were not met by one or both parties, or things would have gone different. The result was months of money trouble and lost productivity/artistic fulfillment. That causes serious rifts in any work environment and between even the closest friends.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I'm glad we got the Casketshowroom special on the These Those patreon feed while we still could. I relistened to it recently - listening to that while driving is taking your life into your own hands.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Big Mac posted:

I'm glad we got the Casketshowroom special on the These Those patreon feed while we still could. I relistened to it recently - listening to that while driving is taking your life into your own hands.

agreed that this is peak these those & an insanely good parting gift from the t. moore camp

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I don't have any insider info or even read anything about the show besides this thread, so my conspiracy is completely based on the story seeming to wrap quickly, and Taylor completely disappearing. I would want to get out of something I made with someone else pretty quickly if they had to bail like that too, even if it was completely friendly.

In better news: An actual, in-person live show: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rude-tales-of-magic-lent-enders-live-at-the-bell-house-tickets-818721767847

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ONbKluKvE

WHAT THE gently caress

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Huh. So that wasn't a weird dream I had on edibles.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Jimmy can kiss his podcast guest spot goodbye

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023
that was freaking rigged!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Rude Talks lore drop: Tim Platt majored in Latin

I'm stunned but unsurprised

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
So this campaign is all trying to pull in new listeners via the podcaster guest of the week spots, huh.

Its funny but lack of stakes makes it harder to get excited about.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Think it more like a CATK interlude than the actual campaign. Scroll up for the lowdown as I asked about this a bit ago.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Big Mac posted:

Rude Talks lore drop: Tim Platt majored in Latin

I'm stunned but unsurprised

That explains Groomda

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I like how Jordan Morris and Jamie Loftus independently came up with guest characters that are the mirror opposite of each other.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Trofe put out another extremely good animation from the end of Enter the Mother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANJonJd7egc

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This will be an unpopular take but almost all of the animatics out there for RT aren’t particularly good at capturing what makes the show great. I like the characters just fine but cutting Brandon’s unhinged narration robs it of anything really interesting. The characters just don’t work with that vacuum in place.

I don’t honestly think I’ve found a good clip of the show on YouTube you could show someone that wasn’t familiar with the show already.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Warbird posted:

I don’t honestly think I’ve found a good clip of the show on YouTube you could show someone that wasn’t familiar with the show already.

https://youtu.be/-CKQg7Vq8rs?si=M9czsOxJKTv-SS8o

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

That is totally how I would imagine Tim would act on a late night talk show. Bless :allears:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I had “animatic” in mind but that does fit the bill I’ll admit.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Aaaaayyyy fukkin VB out here living the dream. I didn’t even clock it for a while since I had been catching up on Skulltenders just before.

Edit: And the character voice is letting the twang (fukking) hang. 10/10.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 19, 2024

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

the podcast crossover event of the century

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh, that Jess

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope Presto crosses over with OTTSOS next

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
How in the hell does Voidburger make herself sound exactly like the tiktok text-to-speech voice :magical: straight up thought that was text-to-speech for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure, but I'd love to learn how to voiceact.