Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
All right, I like the Ravens logo better so I'll go for that. And Honu seems cool. But of course we should control Vancouver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ravens + Honu

Play Honu

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Ravens + Honu

Play Honu

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Echoing. Ravens + Honu; Play Honu

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Ravens + Honu

Play as the Honu

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Jumping on the Ravens/Honu, play as Honu :bandwagon:

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Ravens + Honu

Play Honu

THE TURTLE MOVES!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

MagusofStars posted:

Jumping on the Ravens/Honu, play as Honu :bandwagon:

:hfive:

DO IT

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'd say those are pretty overwhelming margins, so it's official. I'll be adding the Vancouver Ravens and the Hawaii Honu

On the one hand, I find the colors of each pretty boring, but on the other, I love those jerseys, the big angry turtle, and the font on the floor of our arena (which we'll basically never see), so overall I'm quite pleased with how this turned out. I'll sim out the rest of the season and start gearing up for the expansion draft.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
AHAHAHAHA. This garbage fire game.

Guess the thread's over, everyone.

(The thread is not over. I overrode this decision and added my two teams. I have another fun image about the league Re-alignment that it suggested)

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Veryslightlymad posted:

AHAHAHAHA. This garbage fire game.

Guess the thread's over, everyone.

(The thread is not over. I overrode this decision and added my two teams. I have another fun image about the league Re-alignment that it suggested)

Yeah that’s sums up much of my experience with 2k lolol. Forcing through a thing because the game refused you the first time.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*Cracks knuckles*

Time to enter... the fumble dimension.

:clint:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
PROLOGUE PART TWO (2019-2020)
No huge news as we head into the playoffs. Seeing as we already passed the trade deadline window. So there's not much else to do except sim until the season's over.

Going into the playoffs the only injury worth noting is Gordon Hayward's. (Unlike what would have happened in real life had the season continued, the Pacers and Rockets did not make the playoffs.)

The 2020 playoff picture looks like this.

(In real life, the Cavs and the Warriors were two of the worst three teams in the league. The Spurs and Trailblazers looked unlikely to make it. The Thunder, Rockets, Jazz, and Pacers are the teams that theoretically should be here but aren't. No clue on what happened to the Jazz here, but this lines up with "expert" analysis that suggested Westbrook and Harden couldn't coexist, despite having done so for years, and also that Chris Paul still couldn't lead a team at his age. Westbrook in real life got knocked in some spaces for having a bad shooting year, despite shooting the best percentage of his career by a noticeable margin. He didn't shoot the 3 well, which is what modern teams think they want.)

AWARDS:

No real surprises here, but I have some thoughts.
1)Ja's performance here is better than his IRL self, but if his actual shooting percentage was that high, that honestly might be right. He's a stud and the near future looks bright for Memphis.
2)I'm increasingly convinced that 2k tries to get the weirdest photos for players. Look at Schroder's pic. Look at it!
3)2k was unable to get a photo of Leonard in a Clippers uniform, even from a practice or publicity shoot.
4)OK, those Miami Heat Alt jerseys are slick. If I didn't hate the Heat with the fire of a hundred million suns (appropriately, that's hot!) I'd look into buying one.
5)In another example of 2k being kind of broken, as near as I can tell, the Coach of the Year is always assigned to the coach with the best record. Though I haven't really considered how, yet, I'll be occasionally overriding this in the future. (Small Edit: For example, if I had bothered to overwrite and assign COTY manually, I'd have assigned it to Steve Clifford. The Magic overperformed by a lot, and he'd have deserved it if this were a real season.)

And of course the teams:

All-NBA First:

Second

Third

All Defense First

Second

And the two Rookie teams:

Nothing too crazy in any of these. The main notes are:
1)Embiid's injury is nothing serious. Some sort of day-by-day injury that was gone before his first game in the playoffs.
2)Doncic wound up the season in second place for MVP voting and All-NBA First team. Not an All Star. He also lead the league in points per game.

Here's an example of what injuries look like during regular play.

This was literally the last day of the regular season, just after I already took the other injury picture. During this entire season, I've just been telling it to let the CPU adjust automatically, since I'm not trying to control the Nets. This is also the only significant injury of the playoffs. A couple of 10th man bench players go down, and Doncic picked up two injuries but the kind you could play through. This injury was a big difference maker for the nets though, because without LeVert, they lost a grueling seven game series to the Raptors.

Somehow I failed to capture the rest of the playoffs---Doncic's injuries caught up with him and the Clippers wound up beating the Mavs in round two, leading to an all-LA Western Conference Finals. The Celtics managed a big (?) upset over the Magic and took Philly to six or seven games.

The Bucks never played more than a five game series and easily won the NBA Championship. Giannis Antetokounmpo won the finals MVP. If we ever have the 2020 NBA playoffs, this is basically what's likely to happen. That Bucks team is an unholy terror. (For whatever reason the real life Sixers seem to give them trouble somehow)

These players retire. Vince Carter is named to the Hall of Fame. The Raptors opt to not retire his jersey (despite six all star appearances with them), the salty ingrates.
Not pictured: Zach Randolph also retiring. I was briefly furious that his number wasn't retired by the Grizzlies, but it turns out the real life Grizzlies already retired Z-Bo's 50 back in 2017, and the game actually recognizes this. See? I can point out good things the game does.

Despite only 17 of the required 23 teams voting to expand the league, backdoor politicking (and the override button) lead to the creation of the Vancouver Ravens, and the Hawaii Honu. The initial re-alignment suggested by NBA Head Brass is.... ....questionable.

I mean, sure. Why not. I guess we could take the team in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and make them play in the Atlantic Division, literally the farthest possible distance from the team. I mean, hell, they're gonna have to travel an excessive amount every away game anyhow.*

I move the Honu to the Pacific Division and then move the Memphis Grizzlies into the Eastern Conference in the Central Division. This makes much more sense.

*:ssh: The guy who made the Hawaii Honu put them in the Bronx, the cheeky bastard. Almost certainly to give them more capital. I am unable to actually relocate them officially until next year, so here's hoping that playing a season in the Bronx, which I will not officially acknowledge as actually happening, and then suddenly moving to Honolulu doesn't completely ruin our finances.

The NBA Draft Lottery results:

Appropriately making GBS threads on the Knicks. We get lucky and get the better draft position over the Ravens.
I didn't resize this image on purpose. Check out the image artifacts surrounding the Reporter. That's not me. That is what it looks like in game. Excellent professionalism from the 2k staff.

VOTING TIME:

THE EXPANSION DRAFT:
Before the actual NBA Draft, there will be an expansion draft. Expansion drafts work as follows: Between us and the Ravens, we each get so many picks among players currently already on an NBA Roster. Each roster (Somewhere between 14 and 17 players) can only protect 8 players. Anyone else is up for grabs. So... this will be our starting roster. There's a lot of ways to go about it. Do I:
A)Pick the highest rated players I can
B)Pick Young players with potential whenever possible
C)Pick veterans that are productive
D)Go for players locked into long contracts
E)Go for expensive players that are coming off the books and pursue free agents aggressively
F)Other (Please Specify)

(You may pick multiple selections, rank these options, whichever. I'm going to use it as a guideline and depending on who is protected, might not be able to follow exactly.)

THE DRAFT PART 1
Since this is literally our first ever pick, and very likely the future face of our baby franchise, I'm limiting this to two options:
A)Pick the highest overall player available (According to our scouts, mind)
B)Pick the player with the highest potential (According to our scouts)

DRAFT ROUND 2
A)Fill positional holes
B)Best available overall
C)Most potential overall
D)Draft for a specific skill (Specify skill. You could also specify height, wingspan, or weight. Anything goes.)
E)Best Name Available
(With Wayne Newton as the consensus #1 pick, I'm almost certain we're gonna lose the draft name game this year. Sorry guys, but sometimes you're just drawing dead. :( )

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 14, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Real quick the reason why the roster has no injuries is because with the season being suspended, 2k decided to uninjure all the players so people could use them in play now online.

Unfortunately this screwed over MyLeague players but that is nothing new.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

BBB. Honolulu is the team of the future.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

ABA

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

BBC let’s invest in the future!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
1: Mostly even between A and B with maybe some C to get some mentoring going (idk how this game works)
2: B
3: A

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

A, B, C

Start with a good core, then draft as much potential as we can

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

1.) B, though with us getting the 9th or 10th best player from each team, I'm guessing you'll have to really stretch the definition of 'potential' to include dudes like "Marquise Chriss is a former lottery pick who's only 22; four teams have already given up on him as a lost cause, but technically he could still figure it out..." Let's also toss in A as a backup plan.
2.) B. Go potential all the way. The team is going to be miles from competitive, so upside is more important than the player's current ability to play.
3.) C, with A slightly considered. Focus primarily on potential, but make sure you don't overload too much on one position so that one of our draftees can't get minutes.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
B
B
C

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

E
B
C

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
BBC

We may be in the Bronx but they are NOT going to have a good time watching us until we leave.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

This is the way. Our vengeance against the New Yorkers for stealing a year of our team. :argh:

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Joining the train, but just want to make sure we fill out our court positions. B, B, C with some consideration of A.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Voting is still up, I just woke up angry because I just realized this stupid game didn't put Pau Gasol in the hall of fame. There is literally zero chance that he doesn't make it, even without taking his international career into consideration. Technically he wouldn't be eligible yet, but the game doesn't work that way, and adds players immediately when they retire.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CHAPTER 1, 2020-2021: The Offseason

Finally, it's here: The expansion draft. My first take after seeing the expansion draft is, "Holy hell, expansion draft players loving suck." The highest overall player was the shambling corpse of Mike Conley Jr, and I actually felt sad that I missed out on his 34million dollar a year busted old rear end. He was only 80 overall, though, so it's not like I missed out on too much.

Per the thread near-consensus, I was going to take players with high potential if possible, and then good players second. Things change in expansion drafts, though. This got ugly. (Seriously, 2k needs to fire their photographer. Alex Caruso looked like Shang Tsung hit him with the neck stretch.)

I end up using my first pick to select Bol Bol, son of former not-that-great but increadibly tall and early 3pt shooting big-man Manute Bol. Was Bol the player with the most potential available? That's.... debateable. Actually, only Conley Jr (Who, again, would be an excellent vintage of wine by now) has a higher potential rating. Actually, most of my picks have either A- or B+ potential. And everyone is in the 70-77 range. Once I realized this was how the draft was going, I started isolating players with particular "skills", and picked up whoever was noticeably higher in any one stat than everyone else available. I also picked up a few veterans, the ones that weren't expensive, but they're used up and won't have particularly great badges to pass on.

Anyhow, I first picked Bol because he was 1)One of the highest rated players at A- potential, 2)By far the youngest player at A- potential and 3)In my test game before I started the thread, he became an All-Star. I don't think he'll amount to much in the real NBA, but 2k seems to really like him.

Like I said, ugly. We're gonna go to war with this squad, and our boys are gonna get killed.

Some thoughts:
Aside from Bol Bol, the real gem I snagged was Aaron Holiday. A 77 Ranked Point guard with an A- potential at only 23 years old is arguably the best player I could have gotten in this draft, especially if Bol busts. Between Bol and Holiday, I feel we have a nice potential core of the two most difficult positions to fill. Mfiondu Kabengele became a 6th man of the year in my test game, and was actually on that expansion team, too, only I lost him and I still regret it. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and Dylan Windler are a pair of sweet shooting wings I'm half-tempted to try running together. Only half-tempted, though. They don't have a step of defense between the two of them, but, importantly, Windler is the only player on our team with a gold "Badge" in anything. He's got a very, very quick release on his shot, which combined with how accurate his shooting is, could be a very big get for us. He's dumb as a rock, and has like, a D- Basketball IQ. It might be worth sending him to camp. Hamidou Diallo is really young and the most athletic player in the expansion draft.

We are not the best defensive team in the world, but we have quite a few good shooters, and at least one player with an A or higher in every scoring category, so on offense, we can beat a team in a variety of ways. If I had an obvious weakness to call out, it's our perimeter defense, which is part of why I grabbed Trevor Ariza.

I wind up with some redundancy at SF and at C, but that's OK, we don't need to keep or play all these guys. We gotta tinker around and see what works. We can also change guys' position if we feel like it.

~~~~

The time finally arrived for the actual draft. My scouting going into the draft sucked, because I was playing as an expansion team and didn't get actual scouts going on missions or anything. So I only had the "make-up scouting" trip (which let me check, I want to say 10, and only 10 players) and the combine and the personal workouts. I didn't bother to screengrab those, because there was nothing particularly interesting, and we wound up drafting outside of most of that.

The draft itself was wild. This had a ton of movement of high-value players, and one team pulled a pretty impressive coup.

New York gets the party started by selecting the consensus #1 pick for the entire season, the immortal Wayne Newton out of UCLA. After the draft results are posted, I learn he's better than every member of our squad as a rookie. The drop off between him and the second best guy in the draft is like, 3 or 4 points, but I won't say New York won just yet.

Chicago follows up by selecting this very cool player sure to lead them in the playoffs for years to come. The setting for summer is A.C. Lowe.

I rejected a trade to move up exactly one draft spot and go on the clock.

Oh, that might be lucky. Chances are, my scouts are wrong about this guy's potential. Nonetheless, if they're not, that's a huge get. A+ guys develop like crazy, and can wind up as hall-of-famers with a little bit of TLC. He's also listed at PF, which is, on paper, one of our weaker positions. (In practice, I bet I could slide any of my centers to PF and their overall would go up. 2k is really fuckin' dumb, people.)

Kelley winds up only an A- potential afterall, but A- is really high, he fills a position we lacked depth in, and he's already on par with the rest of our team. I'm pretty pleased with this result.

Welcome to the team, Harry Kelley, first ever draft pick of the Hawaii Honu. (Imagine living in Iowa and finding out you'll be spending most of your year for the next few years in Hawaii.)

Our rival team for this thread drafts this guy I screen-grabbed partly to show our rivals' first ever pick, and party because ofthat serious liver and onions hobo beard.

After a bit of a lull, trades for high-value players start coming out rapid-fire.

The Wolves strike first and snag two players in the 80+ range. If the AI thinks to move Holmes next to Karl-Anthony Towns, they could make some serious noise in the West. This is a good example of what to do with a pick if you don't actually like anyone on the board. If Towns' big thing is "play for a winner" this probably went a long way to making him happy. Smart.

In back to back trades, the hornets trade into picks at 15 and 16, dealing Cody Zeller to the Suns and Terry Rozier III to the Wizards. They're clearly blowing up their team since this is 3 lottery picks in one year. With one of them they grab this guy:

Fortuitously, I grabbed a screenshot of this guy. I only took one because he has excellent name fundamentals, being named Steppenwolf. It was lucky I did, though, because this guy is the crown jewel of the draft, an A+ potential stud. He's not as high as Wayne Newton's 81 just yet, but he will be. Indiana also grabbed an A+ guy who could potentially lead their franchise for years, but I didn't find that out until after the draft. But breaking down their team, getting 3 lottery picks, and making one of them the intent for the best potential player in the draft is easily the slickest thing I've seen the AI ever do in a draft on one of these games. I dunno if it's the sliders I found, or if the AI is actually this much better this year, but I'll give 2k props for this one.

The Celtics decide to get involved in the trade game by trading Memphis' pick and a future first rounder for LaMarcus Aldridge.

The Blazers trade for Ricky Rubio

....and then the Celtics follow up by trading their own pick for Blake Griffin. The Celtics are clearly in "Win now" mode and have traded for an excellent front court duo. The actually realistic AI in this draft continues to impress me.

The Nets are also looking for help right now, and swap their pick to scoop up Mitchell Robinson.

The second round begins and I go back on the clock. I want a shooting guard, but there's no good looking young ones left. My directive was to draft for potential, and I have zero scouting on anyone left, which gave me very little idea on who might have "it". After agonizing on it for way longer than an NBA team would actually be allowed to stall for a second round pick, I take Helmut Kraemer out of Germany.

It came down to my notes saying that he far outperformed anyone in the strength portion of the draft combine, (getting 22 reps when the next highest was like, 17? Less?) and also two of the three draft boards had him as the best center in the draft. Not the best center remaining, the best center in the entire draft. The other one thought he was the third best. (:ssh: and were right. :( )
However, I don't need five centers, and after the draft, I learn that he's better overall than Dewan Hernandez already, and is also younger with more potential. Hernandez was a player I picked up during the expansion draft with an optional contract, and I opt out. Kraemer's better. Despite not being the best center in the draft, I'm pretty pleased with Kraemer as a second round pick. He's big and gives this creampuff team of ours some much needed toughness inside.

Mr. Irrelevant 2020 is a 64 overall Neck-bearded player from Turkey that still has 2 years to play overseas before he never plays a game in the NBA because he's only got a B- potential.

After the draft, I painstakingly take control over every single team. Why?

Because NBA2k is a broken garbage fire and the AI will never sign second round picks. This here is the 76ers. They traded for these players. They only had 2nd round picks, went out of their way to get them, but naw, gently caress it. Don't want those.

Want another example?

Here are the Wolves' two picks. They play the same position, are the same age, height, and weight, but the guy they took in the second round is both cheaper and higher rated overall. But naw, gently caress it. Don't want that guy.

The New York Knicks drafted a 73 rated Center with an A potential (the third highest potential player in the draft, and the guy that is sadly a better center than Helmut). NAW, gently caress IT. DON'T WANT THAT GUY.

So yep. I took control over every team in the league and signed their second rounders. I didn't blanket sign all of them, I tried to use my judgement on whether the player stood a chance in the league, but I signed all but five.

....funnily enough, two of them were guys the Sixers picked. They had a bad draft.

TRIP REPORT
That was the single best experience as a player I have ever had in a draft in an NBA simulation game. Wild trades, AI pulling slick, realistic moves that make sense for what their team is trying to accomplish, with Charlotte blowing up their team and surrounding the best player (that they deliberately pursued!) in the draft with some buddies, Boston throwing away picks to make a serious push to wrestle the East away from Milwaukee, and finally Minnesota getting KAT the support he wants to consider sticking with their team. Fantastic stuff.

Overall, I think I did OK, I got one redundant player with potential and a strength we're missing, and I got one high-potential player in one of our weakest positions. I'd say the Timberwolves and Hornets were the big winners of the draft, with the next two being Indiana (Other A+ guy) and New York (They got WAYNE FREAKING NEWTON, and also that A potential center that I forced them to actually sign. I am already smarter than the real New York Knicks.) The big loser of the Draft was the San Antonio Spurs, who traded LaMarcus Aldridge for a 69 Overall loser from UTEP with a B potential overall and a ceiling and floor that simply read "Bench". Philly drafted two players at about 65.

:siren: VOTING POST TO FOLLOW :siren:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
:siren: FREE AGENCY 2020-2021 :siren:

We enter Free Agency with a little bit of roster room, and a cool 23 million dollars in cap space. It's not enough to capture Anthony Davis, who wouldn't want to come to us anyway, but there's two main guys that could come over and help this squad, and theoretically, we have both the money and space for both. Let alone either.

The first is Bogdan Bogdanovic (Real name, no relation whatsoever to fellow NBA player Bojan Bogdanovic)

Bogdan would play in our weakest position, Shooting Guard, (Where, unless we change someone's position, the second guy on our depth chart is Diallo, our lowest rated player) and instantly be the best player on our team, unless someone makes a lucky jump during the "player development" phase of the off season. He is an excellent shooter and would fit the seeming structure of our team of gunners. And he's willing to work for cheap. He only has one offer, and we can almost assuredly snag him if we're willing to slightly overpay him. The downside is that he's got the same problem as the rest of our team: he's not a very good defender, and our perimeter defense is pretty bad.

The other player we could seriously consider is Fred VanVleet. At 86 overall, he would also be the best player on our roster immediately, and he's actually a good perimeter defender to boot. He'd be playing at PG, our second shallowest position (arguably first shallowest), and bring a lot of cohesion to our squad. His main drawback is he could stunt the growth of Aaron Holiday, but the other side of that is I need to be both patient and lucky with Holiday to mold him into something that VanVleet already is. Unlock Bogdanovic, he has a lot of teams gunning for him, so even if we make a move on him, we're probably not very likely to get him to sign, but I still say we give it a shot.

The gorgeous part of this is they combine to a projected 23 million dollars, exactly as much cap room as I have, and I have exactly two free spots on our roster.

So, do I try and sign one of these players? Both? Or do I look for someone else?
I can also stand pat, etc..... let's hear it.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 15, 2020

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Sign both!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Either sign both or just Bogdan Bogdanovic. He has a slightly funny name, and will probably get along well with Bol Bol.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Try to sign both. If you have to choose one get Bogdan.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Go for both, but Vanvleet if you have to choose--need to build some D.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Go for broke, go for both.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Keep cap room for next year once our kids develop- we don't want to bust our cap when we just told our poor GM we were focusing on the future with high potential picks! I'd say pick Just Bogdan, but Just Sign One is a better idea than signing both. We're not gonna do *poo poo* this year regardless in all likelihood, so by going out and breaking the bank on two good-but-not-superstar players all we're doing is tanking our lottery odds and making it harder for us to compete in a few years.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Some of your feedback has made me realize that I have been neglecting to actually post our true cap situation, and that might have more than a little influence on this vote. I will rectify this shortly, some time today.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Shoot for Bogdan, defense just slows down games and takes away from time on the beach.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Agree with the consensus of Just going for Bogdanovic. When jetlagged teams step off the plane in Honolulu(The Bronx), they should be overwhelmed by offense more than anything else.

Also sad that Dewan Hernandez, the only surviving NBA player in the FE 2K League, will not be a Honu.

Thordain fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 15, 2020

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Sign Bogdanovic and hope Fred Van Vleet resigns with Toronto. We need Toronto to remain a contender to keep Vancouver's fanbase from growing too quickly.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sign 'em both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
As promised, here's our current salary situation:

(Also pictured: the game rendering our delightful angry turtle mascot on our important screens. I seriously love that little guy already.)

And next year's situation currently looks like this:

(We won't actually have 74.5 million to play with: We'll want to sign our draft picks, and we'll also extend a large chunk of the guys we're able to extend. Aminu, Anderson, Wright, and Kelley are the only people we definitively have on the books for next year, and we might seriously consider trading Aminu and Anderson partway through the year to free up space on our roster to develop guys like Windler, Kabengele, and Harry Kelley.

Meanwhile, if I select "Contract extensions" it gives me some of the guys who have expiring contracts and an idea of what they want next year.

Note that this is only what they think they're worth right now before the offseason is even over. If any of these guys has a tremendous year, they could ask for a lot more. Right now, if we don't extend Joseph we will have about 35 million in cap room next season. At least 20 of that should likely be poured into Holiday and Bol. DJ Wilson should either be traded our not re-signed and Diallo is a project that I'm gonna try to develop, but if he doesn't thrive, well, that's another 4 million we won't need to worry about. Worst case scenario is nothing pans out, we re-sign Bol and Holiday and extend Joseph, and we'd have 4-5 million in cap room. All of this is, of course, subject to change, but the long view is still pretty healthy. If we had either of the free agents, we'd need to worry less about extending or resigning certain players. We wouldn't need to extend Corey Joseph if we had VanVleet, for instance. Boggy B might allow us to not extend Windler or Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, although, for the purposes of this game, I'm pretty high on both. Windler actually has an A+ in 3pt shooting and a gold "Quick release" badge. I'm not sure badges actually matter if you're simming games, but if they do, I have to assume he's one of the best shooters in the league, and one of our highest potential players.

I was also mistaken about our worst stat overall, it's definitely interior defense, not perimeter defense, but both are pretty bad.

EDIT
What the? I just realized I could also just extend Holiday instead of re-signing him. That would save us 4 million.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 15, 2020