Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Players: Up to 6

System: Age of Sigmar: Soulbound (Cubicle 7)

Method: Either PBP or private discord server I own (My time frame is pretty much 24 hours due to insomnia, so it can be done at anytime)

One Paragraph Summary: "Party gets dropped into the Parch (fairly literally, airdrop!) to find a realmgate that is rumored to have been sealed off in the Age of Chaos. Of course, everyone else wants this as well. The party not only has to find it, but see if it can be activated long enough to bring Stormcast in to start to purify the area. Of course, the problem is that getting there is only half the fun, and even once dropped in, you're not exactly in friendly territory....

Any type of characters from the Soulbound corebook is fine. (If you want to make a custom archetype, I have no problem with it if it fits with the group)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I am interested, but I haven't played Soulbound yet or made a character yet.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Character creation is fairly simple (they come with a ton of easily set up Archetypes).

Let me know if you have any questions

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I'm interested but am not familiar with the rules. Nor how to create a character can you point me towards a link?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I'll send you a link via PM, Mykel on how to setup everything.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also interested but I’ve only glanced at the core book. I’ll take another good look today or tomorrow.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
I just got this book and am ready to use it! I've messed around with character creation a bit, but have no idea what I'd want to play.

If we did discord, would it be asynchronous (more like a PbP) or would there be a set time you'd want to have postings?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Honestly, I'm pretty flexible (just got disability), so we can do either/both, depending on what people would want to do.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

SirFozzie posted:

I'll send you a link via PM, Mykel on how to setup everything.

Thanks. I'm intrigued by the Witch Aelfs and the Tree creatures.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Got a barber-surgeon in mind. Sadly all the cool guns and such seem to be dwarf only.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
You can get a repeater pistol for just 65 drops... Don't forget that you can create your own archetype (there's not many human archetype in the book)

NilkNarf
Apr 24, 2005

...if you're into the blight.
I'd like to join. Been champing at the bit to try this one since I bought the rules.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Let me know if this character works for what you're planning. The stuff about reforming Idonath society doesn't have to be a major part of the game, it can be a background motivation if it doesn't work for what you have planned.

At first glance, Malaneth Sharptongue seems like any other Akhelian Emissary sent to represent the Deepkin in Sigmar's court - humorless, arrogant, and cruel, who only accepted the Soul Binding for the personal power and influence it brings. In reality, Malaneth is a firebrand radical who wishes to reform the Idoneth away from their society-wide dependence on Soul Theft and raiding. His strong views earned him his title, and made him the enemy of the leaders in his enclave. His assignment as an Emissary is a de facto exile, and the leaders have made it clear that he'll be murdered if he returns. His demands in return for accepting the Binding were just a front - to him, the Soul Binding itself is the real prize. He believes it, or perhaps the reforming process of the Stormcast Eternals, may be the key to remaking the Idoneth and ending their immoral raids. He'll do almost anything to learn the secrets.

Like most Aelves, Malaneth initially seems condescending and arrogant, but he is actually desperate to learn from "the Younger Species." He adopted the nickname "Mal" as an affectation to make himself seem friendlier.

He personally opposes the soul raids for moral reasons, but years of arguing with other Idoneth means he instinctively frames it in utilitarian terms: raiding is a temporary measure at best, and that it'll inevitably result in their destruction. He hasn't considered the implications on the Idoneth caste system if he succeeds, or the morality of the system in general.

He is very fond of Blue Eyes, his loyal but vicious Fangmora, and loves to spoil her with still-living meals when possible. He's worried about her health now that they're spending so much time on dry land.

He has felt... strange since the Binding. He's not entirely comfortable with his new relatively painless existence.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Fine by me. I think at first, he can use his motivation to show the rest of the forces of order that the Idoneth are not all -"soul raiders"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Still working on this, but got some basic info on a Battlemage here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lonsmRF5HtkGmC0QpX-WUj0YCljqJUYs_6hqwrlYKK8/edit?usp=sharing

Odelina "Lina" Sidona

A battlemage who has spent most of her time standing at the walls, who recently lost her mentor, a former battlemage by the name of Hiedrich Garant. In the search for answers, she follows Hiedrich's research into the Necroquake and the long-term effects it may have on the world. She shows an iron will but a scholar's view of the world, which may be tested with a journey well outside the safety of the cities.

Body: 1
Mind: 4
Soul: 2

Melee: Poor
Accuracy: Avg
Defence: Poor
Armour: 1
Toughness: 8
Wounds: 4
Init: 6
Nat Awareness: 3
Mettle: 1

Skills
Channeling (Training 2, Focus 1)
Arcana (Training 1, Focus 1)
Reflexes (Training 1)
Determination (Training 1)
Awareness (Training 1)
Crafting (Training 1)
Lore (Training 1)

Talents
Spellcasting (Celestial)
Unbind
Iron Will
Witch-Sight
Unbreakable Spells (Human)

Spells:
Arcane Bolt
Mystic Shield
Chain Lightning
Favorable Winds
Healing Light
Foretell Doom

Gear
Gear: Staff with a clear-blue crystal focus, Aqshian coal, ink and quill, chalk, a number of small pouches with various oddities and components, and 185 drops of Aqua Ghyranis.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 11, 2020

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Can we get a link to you discord Fozzie?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 7, 2020

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
https://discord.gg/9FfzSDG

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Percolating ideas myself. Maybe a Stormcast, maybe not. Might try to throw together some homebrew lizard rules

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
BTW, for the folks who want to know more about the system, Mors is doing an excellent F&F review of Soulbound.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Tzi-B'alam, Skink Starpriest

Tzi-B'alam rarely explains themself, even to the Binding. "My purpose is to help you however I can." That's always the explanation. "I serve the Fangs of Sotek, and I serve the Star Serpent." That is who they are. They seem endlessly fascinated by warmbloods and their ways, but baffled by things like 'money' or 'gender.' Their understanding of ancient devices is amazing, as is their mastery of magical and divine lore and power. They always seem to think their simple non-explanations are sufficient, as if it should be obvious.

But at least they are endlessly seeking to help!

Body: 1
Mind: 3
Soul: 3

Melee: Poor
Accuracy: Average
Dfeence: Poor
Armour: 1
Toughness: 7

Skills
Channeling (Training 2, Focus 2)
Devotion (Training 1, Focus 1)
Crafting (Training 1)
Lore (Training 1, Focus 1)
Theology (Training 1)

Talents
Racial: Scholar (Old Ones Technology)
Blessed (Dracothion)
Hard to Kill
Spellcasting (Celestial)
Tactician

Miracles:
Stellar Alignment:
Target: 1
Range: Short
Duration: Sustained
You call on the stars, weaving the fate of an ally to prepare them for the circumstances around them. When you use this Miracle, you can choose a single blessing to grant to an ally (this Miracle cannot be used to buff yourself):
  • Emboldened Will: The essence of the stars suffuses your ally's will. They gain the Fearless Talent.
  • Stargazer: Your ally gains a sense for everything around them, as the stars guide their vision. They gain the Observant Talent.
  • Fateseeker: The stars guide your ally's hand, allowing them to strike whenever the chance presents itself. They gain the Opportunist Talent.
  • Perfect Moment: The stars slow time around your ally, allowing them to choose the exact right moment to strike. They gain the Patient Strike Talent.
  • Guided Senses: Astrological power focuses one of your ally's senses, heightening it massively. They gain the Acute Sense Talent for a sense of your choice
On your turn, you can spend 1 Mettle as a Free Action to sustain this Miracle.

Spells:
Arcane Bolt
Mystic Shield
Flight
Orrery
Hallowed Ground
Comet of Casandora

Gear
Gear: Serpent Staff (staff), Feathered Trappings (Light Armour), dagger, divine orrery atop staff (holy symbol), spyglass Old One viewing device, pistol obsidian star-pistol

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 7, 2020

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Ivadora, Violence, Emergency Medical Care, Undertaking Services

A wealth of medical knowledge, combined with absolutely zero bedside manner, Iva combines two of the most critical talents needed for the medical profession, the ability to remove a limb in under 30 seconds, and the ability to hold down said patient while doing so. The wandering murder hobo skills are needed when the patient, or more likely, the patient's relatives, object to the quality of care.

Height 6'2"

Body: 3
Soul: 2

Melee: Avg
Accuracy: Avg
Defence: Avg
Armour: 2
Init: 4
Nat Awareness: 2

Skills
Devotion (Training 1, Focus 1)
Medicine (Training 1, Focus 1)
Weapon Skill (Training 1, Focus 1)
Might (Training 1)
Awareness (Training 1)
Intimidation (Training 1)

Talents
Medic
Heavy Hitter
Crushing Blow
Blessed (Morrda)
Intimidating Manner
Pressing Attack

Miracles:
REVITALISE Target: 1
Range: Close Duration: Instant
Your holy touch burns all malady and sickness from the body. A creature you touch within Close Range immediately removes one Condition it is suffering from.
When you use this Miracle, you can choose to spend a Mettle to cure the target of all Conditions.

Gear
Gear: Blunderbuss, Rifle, Medium Armor, Apothecary Satchel, Backpack, Lockpicks, Bedroll, Holy Symbol, Dagger, 10 drops.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 7, 2022

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Knight-Questor Sathoria Bladeheart, Fury of the Dawn

Sathoria is rather open as to what has brought her to work with the binding: Sigmar's will. While somewhat cagey about the specifics of her geas, likely by direction rather than design, she has made it clear that her blade and shield will protect those who travel with her for as long as their paths continue together. While still closer to humanity than many of her comrades in the Stormhost, Sathoria bears the mark of several reforgings. Lightning dances through her hair in the midst of battle. Her flesh has begun to take on the dull glow of forge-heated steel. Were her Sigmarite plate to ever leave her chest, one might see the tell-tale marks of forge-welding running across her torso from shoulder to hip.

Reforgings: 1d6o6 3

Body: 4
Mind: 2
Soul: 3

Melee: Good (Great w/ Heroic Challenge)
Accuracy: Poor
Defence: Great (Good w/o shield, Superb w/ Bulwark)

Armour: 3
Toughness: 9
Wounds: 5
Initiative: 5
Nat Awareness: 1
Mettle: 2

Skills
Weapon Skill (Training 1, Focus 1)
Reflexes (Training 1, Focus 1)
Theology (Training 1, Focus 1)
Fortitude (Training 1)
Survival (Training 1)

Talents
Heroic Challenge (Action: Challenge foe within Medium; challenged foe steps down melee/accuracy of attacks or steps up complexity of spells not targeting Sathoria; Sathoria steps up Melee vs challenged target)
Bulwark (Defence increases by one step if two or more enemies are within Close range)
Combat Ready (+2 to Initiative, cannot be Surprised)
Diplomat (Adv. on Opposed tests to resolve conflict, detect lies, and gauge moods/intentions; well thought of and respected)

Gear
Sigmarite Warplate (Heavy Armour)
Questor Warblade (Sword) and Shield
A Cloak
A small pendant bearing the mark of your previous Stormhost, the Stormblood Guard
65 drops of Aqua Ghyranis.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 7, 2020

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Cavalier's Field Journal posted:

Soulbinding, pros and cons:

Pro:
Much reduced thirst for the essence of the living (nb: some malaise)
More even skin tone (nb: almost indistinguishable from mortal at distance)
Silk Shirts (!)
Fewer mandatory masquerade balls
No longer confronted by towering godlike liches pronouncing doom in slumber (nb: not common problem)

Con:
Pact members shout when consuming blood of enemies (determine ground rules? when is this ok?)
At least some masquerade balls are desirable (nb: contact azyr diplomatic corps for pitch) (nb: determine if azyr has diplomatic corps)
Currently confronted by forbidding figure (bearded, hooded, scythe, hourglass) in slumber (nb: consult religious archives)

pre:
Tarquinia, Lahmian Cavalier

Species: Soulblight Vampire 

Body: 4 14xp

Mind: 2 2xp

Soul: 3 7xp

Toughness: 9
Mettle: 2
Wounds: 5
Natural Awareness: 2
Initiative: 3

Melee: Great (Superb when Dual Wielding or Frenzied, Extraordinary with both)
Accuracy: Poor
Defence: Good

Skills
Weapon Skill 3T 7xp
Reflexes 1T 1xp
Awareness 1T 1xp

Talents
Night Vision (species)
Blood Frenzy 2xp
Ambidextrous 2xp
Relentless Assault 2xp
Penetrating Strike 2xp

Equipment:
Sword, Dagger, Dagger
Heavy Armor
200d
I'm basically making all this up so let me know if it's done wrong.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 9, 2020

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Oh hey, more Warhammer Fantasy. I'm in.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Eddom Geschwind, Skywarden Mercenary

If you asked, some people would say unkind things about Eddom. Things like:

quote:

"I don't even trust the little bastard as far as I could throw him, seeing as I could throw him pretty far. I'd like to."

quote:

"I always said he'd sell you his soul in a heartbeat and still find a way to rip you off. And now he went and did it."

quote:

"Do you know where he is? I'll pay well! If I could just have that little rat's neck in my hands..."
If you asked, Eddom would point you to the precise subsections and clauses of the contracts that led to these little misunderstandings. He would express sincere grief that his employers were disappointed by his services, but would point out that he had never once failed to fulfill the express written terms of any contract. It might be plausible enough to convince you, and by the end of the conversation, you would owe him money. Aqua Ghyranis upfront preferred, but he could set up a generous payment plan if you'd like.

That's why it's safer not to ask. Just let him work. Eddom is a superior marksman with superior armaments, and there's one thing about him you can depend on: he'll never risk the bottom line. Sigmar pays very well.

pre:
Body: 3
Soul: 1

Melee: Average
Accuracy: Good
Defence: Average

Toughness: 7
Wounds: 6

Skills
Ballistic Skill (Training 2, Focus 1)
Awareness (Training 1)
Crafting (Training 1, Focus 1)
Guile (Training 1)
Intuition (Training 1)
Reflexes (Training 1)

Talents
Demolitions Expert
Endrineers Guild Member
Fearless
Hit and Run
Savvy

Gear
Basic Aether-Rig (Power Capacity 6/6)
-Aether-Endrin (1)
-Aethermatic Volley Gun (2)
-Arkanaut Armor (1)
-Grapnel Launcher (1)
-Vulcaniser Pistol (1)
Sword
Aetheric Grenades x2
Lucky Charm
AG (25 Drops)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NilkNarf
Apr 24, 2005

...if you're into the blight.
pre:
Name: Landael the Climber
Species: Sylvaneth
Archetype: Kurnoth Hunter

Body: 4
Soul: 1

Melee: Good
Accuracy: Average
Defence: Good

Skills
Ballistic Skill (Training 1)
Awareness (Training 1)
Fortitude (Training 1)
Might (Training 1)
Nature (Training 1)
Reflexes (Training 1)
Weapon Skill (Training 1, Focus 1; core skill)

Talents
Ancestral Memories (core)
Bulwark
Hail of Doom

Gear
Greatscythe
Greatbow
280 drops
Background
Though the choice was always his, the Climber was earmarked to become soulbound as a pod in a Sylvaneth enclave near the Greywater Fastness.

From his first moment of sentience, the Climber wandered Ghyran with a band of other Kurnoth hunters, fighting rotbringer and grot alike in a ceaseless, far ranging campaign of renewal.

Following the death of a dryad the Climber befriended through song, Alarielle sang a single question to the Climber, "Could you be forgotten?"

His answer was consenting to be soulbound.

Goals
Join his binding and defeat chaos and destruction.

Make a new friend.

Learn the true fate of his enemy.

Personality and Trivia
Goes by The Climber. This is a reference to his rapid growth, not his climbing ability. The climber was 8 feet tall by the end of his first week of life; at his current age of 8 years, he stands 14 feet 4 inches tall.

The fungus on his bark smells of meat, an adaptation picked up while hunting maggotkin and grotz.

Gangrenous Pusbelch, the Lord of Plagues who slew the Climber's Dryad friend, vanished from Ghyran while being hunted by the Climber's party. The songs are silent about Pusbelch, so the Climber holds the position that his enemy is both alive and dead.

Left home at birth and has not returned, but experiences neither wanderlust nor homesickness. Ancestral memories of home have imprinted on him to the point where he feels he has only left moments before any given time.

Surprisingly gregarious due to befriending travellers from the Greywater Fastness. Remembers to make facial expressions and move his "lips" while talking to other people more than half the time.

Loves nicknames and jokes. He understands neither, but is empathic enough to experience genuine joy from them and discern a joke's intent.

Does not fully appreciate the consequences of his binding because it only happened two hours before the start of the campaign.

NilkNarf fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 18, 2020