Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lunar detritus posted:

custom stylesheets suck
you can adblock the tractor, please don't take this from us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

How about instead of an anime tractor, make the background automatically pull a new image from This Waifu Does Not Exist every time you load the page.
I'm willing to compromise, if you can find a neural network that generates tractors

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I believe the consensus of the last thread was it should be changed to The Sea of Porcupines. You don't need to go look you can just take my word for it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

we are namtab

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Enjoy! Tell me if you hate this.
thats not a tractor

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can you also mirror the avs so they're facing the posts, a lot of avs now are looking are looking away from their posts in shame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ccubed posted:

Is there a way to disable the new style?
if you're a coward, adblock https://forums.somethingawful.com/css/adtrw.css

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Julias posted:

Yeah I asked him to undo the mirroring
i'm sorry julias i'm going to have to ask you to hand in your resignation

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

We Demand Speech Bubbles

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm bored of this and not working on it anymore, but if you want the avs to say the posts you can install this userscript (it will gently caress up every forum other than adtrw and also I didn't bother to fix some other things that will gently caress up, like read post coloring)
https://pastebin.com/iL7Cb5Ch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dryzen posted:

also snail is a coward for making the backdrop grayscale
color manga is sinful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

I don't like it at all, but in any case ignored users break the format

I know an easy solution to this one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kyte posted:

HAHA VERY FUNNY did you know horizontal text is read left to right even in Japanese???

Don't gently caress with UX for '''''''''''''''''jokes'''''''''''''''''.
This change legitimately makes things harder to read IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER imagine people who actually do have trouble reading poo poo.

E: the userbox is not just for information. it also serves as a margin. This is important, because you want the important poo poo in the center of the page. Now the text starts near the edge of the screen and that's bad ergonomics.
sorry, jeffery already agreed the next step will be to activate 4koma mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you want the avs on the right and also the avs saying the post, before it comes back officially, heres a css (the preview will be hosed up because i made it when avs were still on the right!!)
http://snail.moe/avsay/

thank you to dryzen, and others